How good can Charlie Austin be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good can Charlie Austin be?

What does the future hold for our Charlie? How many goals will he get next season? I'm very confident he will do really well as he has the predatory instinct which not many players have also the work ethic. Watching Lambert play for England thinking Charlie could be there one day if he keeps it up. I've had a bet with a mate 100 quid he will have an England cap within the next 4 years.

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
    What does the future hold for our Charlie? How many goals will he get next season? I'm very confident he will do really well as he has the predatory instinct which not many players have also the work ethic. Watching Lambert play for England thinking Charlie could be there one day if he keeps it up. I've had a bet with a mate 100 quid he will have an England cap within the next 4 years.
    What came 1st fordy the chicken or the egg. Pls put my mind at rest
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Has the ability to be a top class striker, the jump from the champs from the prem doesn't change that, but the level of expectation increases and he'll have a lot of pressure on him to deliver. That's usually why a lot of players do exceptionally well in the champs and completely fail in the prem, the ability and potential is there but they can't handle the pressure that comes with being in the top flight. Luckily charlie's surrounded by experienced premier league players and an experienced manager who can help him with that.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

he will score 14 goals in PL next season

Comment

If he gets the service then he will be seen as a revelation....... because a good striker is arguably the only position that can often transcend the professional divisions.

Comment

Probably close to Ricky Lambert standard if we're lucky, same kind of player.

Comment

Can see Charlie being a dark horse,reckon fordys bets safe.England in next 4 years I'd say 2
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I think he'll find it harder, less time and space, and is not a natural back to goal, one up striker. Which is why we desperately need someone to help out. Up front and CB are still the major problem areas.

Comment

Him getting a game for England all depends on the manager IMO. And of course what division he's in. Or actually what club he's at. England need a massive shake up and Charlie could play a massive part in that

Comment

He is not just a striker, he works his socks off which most don't. England in the Euros me thinks.

Comment

He will struggle without service, I dont think we will give him much. Against Derby, when we had the backs to the wall he didnt have a sniff. Might be a long old season for Charlie unless we get some players in who can spot a pass. Fantastic finisher though but not someone who can make it happen on his own.

Comment

He is a good hard working striker who IMO will get between 15 and 20 goals this season. Possible England player also soon if he performs well.
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                          He will struggle without service, I dont think we will give him much. Against Derby, when we had the backs to the wall he didnt have a sniff. Might be a long old season for Charlie unless we get some players in who can spot a pass. Fantastic finisher though but not someone who can make it happen on his own.
                          Had our best 2 chances of the game, a snap shot from edge of the box that went over and missed a sitter from 6 yards.

Bloke gets in positions to score goals, and he will, injury permitting again this season. Coupled with his hold up play and workrate, a 10+ goal tally this season should see him involved with England

Comment

I think he will score between 12 and 15 goals. His strength is that he does more then one thing i.e. he scores in the box, he scores from outside the box, he scores with his head and he gets tap ins hes not a one trick pony. If he gets off to a flyer in the prem it will be the making of him

Some people are just born to score I think Charlie has that instinct

Comment

I think he will do ok and will depend on service, the only thing he lacks is pace and I think most prem centre backs could end up with him in their back pocket.

Comment

Working...
                              X