Clint Hill.. Rangers Gaffer in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clint Hill.. Rangers Gaffer in the making

Rangers legend for me, considering our last 3 seasons of mercenaries..

This latest article regarding the Forest match typifies the man! - You will never hear this sort of honesty from Redcrapp.
    1st to hold his hands up and apologise to the fans (Bournemouth as an example), more than redknapp has ever done!

Would anyone else have him as gaffer one day?

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/11...w-1481183.aspx

One day? I'd have him as player manager today.

Comment

A top honest professional others in the squad should look up to, that is why he he our captain
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

A future where Hill as manager with Barton his assistant, two scousers creating a QPR boot room Liverpool style environment, leading QPR to back to back champions league triumphs in the year 2035

Comment

Nice to hear but if were honest we have been hearing the exact same thing now for two seasons. Its not words that count its actions

The way this season has nose dived i think we need to review the mercenaries tag as we now have a team of the alleged 'Right Sorts' but are performances/efforts any better then they were last season???

I remember HammersithR saying last season when we had player after player come out and say we need to stand up and be counted saying stop talking about what you should be doing and do it instead.

Same applies here we know they have been s hit and under performing I dont need them to tell me that I want them to go out on the pitch and do something about it. Potentially 8 games for them to do that and turn what has been a horror of a season (league position aside) into something of a success

Comment

Ok Clint, so it will be ok to boo tomorrow if we don't get a result

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
              Ok Clint, so it will be ok to boo tomorrow if we don't get a result
              I will be booing if we don't get a result.. not good enough.
              People can say booing doesn't do anything but it does IMO..

Comment

Sorted Barton out
                http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  I will be booing if we don't get a result.. not good enough.
                  People can say booing doesn't do anything but it does IMO..

With this lot i dont think it does WLR

At Charlton they walked to the away end and people gave them them the five knuckle shuffle, booed and shoed them away and the same when they came over at Bournemouth to no noticable change in performances. The right sort look very much like the old sort at this moment in time

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    With this lot i dont think it does WLR

At Charlton they walked to the away end and people gave them them the five knuckle shuffle, booed and shoed them away and the same when they came over at Bournemouth to no noticable change in performances. The right sort look very much like the old sort at this moment in time
                    could not agree more with the bit in bold mate. there is a handful of players whose attitude I do not question - green, Hill, Dunne, Ned, Barton, Austin, Simpson.

I would question the attitude of the rest of the squad redknapp has assembled

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        One day? I'd have him as player manager today.
                        Same.

Comment

could not agree more with the bit in bold mate. there is a handful of players whose attitude I do not question - green, Hill, Dunne, Ned, Barton, Austin, Simpson.

I would question the attitude of the rest of the squad redknapp has assembled
                          OŽNeil had a quite good match a few weeks back but were is he now? IMO, his attitude is OK.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Rangers legend for me, considering our last 3 seasons of mercenaries..

This latest article regarding the Forest match typifies the man! - You will never hear this sort of honesty from Redcrapp.
                            1st to hold his hands up and apologise to the fans (Bournemouth as an example), more than redknapp has ever done!

Would anyone else have him as gaffer one day?

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/11...w-1481183.aspx
                            I think there is a danger of romanticising the idea of having as a manager "the club legend" and the man who has "[insert appropriate colour here] blood coursing through his veins". For instance, I think that Florist's appointment of Stuart Pearce has disaster written through it like Brighton through a stick of rock. Di Matteo did OK at Chelsea, although a lot would argue that his achievements were with AVB's players, but it's difficult to think of anywhere else it's been a real long-term success.

Personally, I think the best managers are those young, well-trained and disciplined professionals who don't come with a big "personality", but who know about picking players and moulding them into a real team. It's not easy finding them, though, because they tend not to hit the headlines. For instance, Gary Rowett's doing a good job at Burton Albion on limited resources, but whether he'd be any good at this level is difficult to tell. But like I say, IMO, someone like that would be better than someone who is blinded by his own history.

Anyway, i hope you give Florist a good slapping today. I said a few weeks ago that I thought they would implode, and that is what has happened. If (when, WHEN) you beat them, and if Blackburn and Watford both win, they will be down to 12th. And you think you have problems...
                            Last edited by LanguedocFox; 12-04-2014, 06:41 AM.

Comment

I've admired your manager for a long time listening to him over the years. I hope you can keep him. Was good to hear you are slapping a 30k max on wages next season. This should leave you with a surplus from the prem money to pay debts off?

Comment

Working...
                              X