X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton: Rooney is not World Class

Well said Joseph.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26867861

If Rooney weren't English he'd be considered average.

Comment

Again more truth from JB don't always agree with him but he has it spot on about Hughes and now Rooney, not in Bale, Ronaldo's, Messi's league and never will be.

Comment

Rooney is average at best and a long way from the youngster who terrorised the opposition several years ago.
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Agree with him Rooney or any other English player are no where near the worlds best, but since when has Joey Barton been some kind of football oracle? giving interviews like this like he anything other then a good championship player? Been great for us this season but the guy needs to pipe down. The other week on twitter trying to degrade players like Neymar, Pastore, etc These guys have more talent in their little toes then joey has. Just concentrate on getting QPR promoted Joey and leave the players a million miles better then you alone.
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Spot on once again joey!! when he plays for utd he's all right and when he plays for England he's no more than average.

Will always live of his euro 04 reputation before he got injured.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

rooney is certainly 'premier league class'.....but 'world class'.....deary me im affraid england dont have anyone any where near being world class!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                Agree with him Rooney or any other English player are no where near the worlds best, but since when has Joey Barton been some kind of football oracle? giving interviews like this like he anything other then a good championship player? Been great for us this season but the guy needs to pipe down. The other week on twitter trying to degrade players like Neymar, Pastore, etc These guys have more talent in their little toes then joey has. Just concentrate on getting QPR promoted Joey and leave the players a million miles better then you alone.
                This. Wait until your career's finished and the pundit away to your heart's content.

Joey Barton lecturing Rooney on wasting his talent? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                  rooney is certainly 'premier league class'.....but 'world class'.....deary me im affraid england dont have anyone any where near being world class!
                  I think Hart is world class, as is Gerrard. I think a few of the up and coming youngsters like Stirling and Barkley could be.

Comment

rooney is no where near WC

he hasnt scored at old trafford since october!!!!

he has one of the worst pass completion percentages for any attacking player, he cant play in the number 10 role, he nullifys other players all the time.

best thing for England would be to leave him at home this world cup.

Comment

Big time charlies, most of the england team.

Comment

What really defines word class?....

1 way I suppose is who would make it into your dream team 11.... I can only think of one Englishman, and that's Gerrard.
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

He'd be world class if he stopped being a child and moved to centre midfield. Plays like Scholes when he is there...imo.
                          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Rooney doesn't have the awareness or mentality to be a top CM or no. 10.

Utd would be better off playing Kagawa or Mata behind Persie/Rooney/Welbeck. He doesn't link up play or create chances, which is the role that comes with that position. He is more comfortable passing it out wide and tends to run around like a headless chicken

Similarly England would be better off playing Sturridge/Welbeck as no. 9 with Lalana as no. 10 and Sterling, Walcott etc. on the wings

Rooneys was best when he played on the wing in a front 3 of him/Ronaldo/Tevez. He's got talent but has CLEARLY got complacent and is on the decline. And they're paying him 300k a week!

Comment

Just listening to Joey speak about England in general its safe to say there is no chance of them lifting the cup in Rio! Although i do se a spark of hope for the future, the likes of Barkley, Shaw, Lallana will be crucial at the Euros in a few years and me might just have a slither of hope haha

Comment

Working...
                              X