Renew st's = new strikers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew st's = new strikers....

...or so it should be.Its patently obvious to all concerned (except the board of QPR) that we've been bereft of at least one good striker for the whole of the current season.One that would have got us into the play-offs at least.If the board want and expect us to stump up our hard earned money and commit ourselves before 17th April and part with £700 to continue supporting the team and club next season and beyond,then equally they should commit themselves to an acceptable strategy regading player recruitment before the start of next season in August.BUT THEY WON'T.In his reply to my letter to Amit Bhatia,he would not be drawn on the subject of new players and one report I read suggests the club had no intention of adding anyone of significance to the squad in the close season.This was the same day as the article quoting Briatore as saying he will walk away if he gets hassle from the fans.Yet again we squandered at least 3 gilt-edged chances against Palace to have taken 3 points and put us just 4 points off 6th place.The facts speak for themselves - ONLY DONCASTER HAVE SCORED FEWER GOALS THAN US IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.As things stand,all the hype about us gaining promotion to the Premiership and playing Champions League football within 4 years (now less than 2.5 years) counts for nothing.I firmly believe that this club under its present guise,has no intention whatsoever of investing the sort of money needed to sustain a promotion challenge next season or beyond.Wolves,Birmingham etc this season and other promoted teams in previous years have had to speculate to accumalate - we're no different if we want to succeed.Stoke City are a case in point.Having thrashed them 3-0 last season,I really thought they were candidates for relegation first time around.But Beattie and Fuller are firing on all cylinders and they're slowly climbing the table.Beattie in particular was an inspired signinig - fair play to them.As things stand,I just cannot see what direction our club is going and I feel my 57 years of passion for the team slowly ebbing away.If I was one of the sponsors I would be asking for my money back.No likelihood of success and playing to diminishing audiences.

I think we will get two strikers in the summer to be honest.

We won't get them before the end of May though.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

The worrying thing is, I'm quite easy going yet I have decided not to renew at all on the basis geejaybee2 states. I waited in anciipation for at least 1 decent proven striker to be bought last July as we were CLEARLY lacking in that department. I won't pay another £600 to watch us struggle to score goals.

Pete, we need decent strikers not Samuel Di Carmine's of this world. If we have 2 lined up I would put money on them being untested foreign signings or an aged free bee!

Comment

If I can get into fulham next season, myself and my son are taking a sabbatical there until I see commitment from the present board. I'm not particularly convinced of next seasons' forthcoming investment which would give us the squad strength the current top three in this division enjoy.

My loyalties are to my family and friends. And business acquaintances who display a similar loyalty. Flavio and co. qualify under none of them. Premiership football for a fraction of current QPR prices.

We were conned last year into paying up to 50% more for an unproven product. This year is payback. Any forward thinking club makes allowances in the way of backup for injuries. We didn't. And we are where we are. As has been said before, flavio has tried to get us up on the cheap and it doesn't work.

The only certainty that surrounds this club is hype. Just the mention of QPR to anyone in the world last season was "Wow, billionaires on board, a club that's going places." Well, we know the reality of it, it's no spend QPR.

I'm fairly convinced prices are being deliberately held back, because they wanted to hit us with another 20% rise, if most people had renewed straight away under the so-called price freeze. And don't forget, they'll be next years' prices.

Fulham's price rises are less than 5% next season for new supporters. If by chance QPR get promoted, I'd wait and see what price rises were in the pipeline before I would think of coming back. They're not interested in you and me, only those who will pay the highest prices.

Comment

i thought this was meant to be an anagram

Comment

without 2 QUALITY strikers we could have another frustrating season next year

Comment

Working...
            X