Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone answer this question for me please ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3London View Post
    you answered your own question we CANNOT keep changing our manager 4 times a season look what it has done to newcastle to hearts in scotland a ridiculous way to run a team.

The answer is simple we need a better forward and a goalscoring midfielder,We have a goalscoring midfielder but unfortunatley he has played very little football in the last 12 months.

okay we have had a run of goalless games but we battered norwich had plenty of chances against sheff utd, and even yesterday which had the passion and intensity of a preseason friendly we created chances for sdc that a better striker would have converted.

i am beginning to hate what QPR fans have bcome!

Why I am loathed to have Dennis Wise near our club and why I am loathed that Ali Russell is doing to us what he did at hearts!
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

3London,

You state that a better striker would have converted the chances that were created for SDC.

I can think of at least 10 occasions, when both Blackstock and Helgusson have had missed better chances than SDC ever had yesterday.

Was it not Taraabt, that you should have cited as an example? You know, that fellow from Spurs, who we are giving match time to, in order that he can improve at the expense of our own players. He, that missed an opportunity that would have been taken by even the most average of League One strikers. Shame on me for becoming so unrealistic to think that perhaps Angelo Balanta may have scored it.

Oh, I forgot earlier to mention to those that were pleased we no longer conceded goals like we did under DiCanio, that we have been in winning positions and not won, against Plymouth, Charlton, Burnley, Notts Forest and Ipswich since Sousa has been here, and not managed a point against such high flyers as Norwich, Barnsley and Doncaster. Only dropped 18 points in the league in those matches. Still, never mind. Perhaps we can see some more of the same next season. We won't even have to pay more for it than this season either, what a result.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        "Not shared by many anywhere"

Well, I happen to share that opinion exactly.

I would imagine that PS is a very nice guy with an outstanding record as a footballer across several countries in Europe.

However, whilst not saying he should be sacked as I would not wish that on anyone, he should be made to realise in no uncertain terms that both the results and performances, are not acceptable.

As far as results go, they have not been good and he may well have the opportunity to put that right next season. Admittedly not all his fault, as the players have to shoulder their fair share of the blame for that too.

But, having now been in charge as long as he has, the boring, negative and clueless style of play, is clearly down to him. Either ,that is his preferred way of playing, or he is not too good at getting the players to do what he wants. I am sure people travel from further afield than me, but I do not find it in any way acceptable to watch such sub standard football, week in, week out, as a reward for my 4+ hours and 150 mile or so round trip in a car.

His tinkering has cost us. His insistence on playing players out of position has cost us.
        For someone with supposedly such great knowledge of the game, he has made some pretty blatant and obvious mistakes. Hopefully he will learn, but I have reservations also.

He has shown me nothing so far to make me certain that he will be a roaring success, and is no more likely in my opinion to either succeed or fail. I just want to be entertained. Particularly against the poor quality of opposition that we have been fortunate to have come up against this season.

Other than the usual "We can't keep changing manager" or "Such a good defence" arguments, which are pretty weak in themselves, please could someone give some valid footballing reasons for taking the opinion that he is as good as many seem to think, because I am struggling to.

"But, having now been in charge as long as he has"

Erm....He was appointed last November, It's now April, thats 6 months.

Comment

In answer to the initial question of what has the manager done to warrant being sacked......

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz yawn zzzzzzzzzzzz football.

Thats why he should be FIRED!

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
            "But, having now been in charge as long as he has"

Erm....He was appointed last November, It's now April, thats 6 months.
            Four and a half actually, but that is not really the point.

We were 9th, 3 points off a play off spot, we are now 10th, 7 points off a play off spot. I am not particularly being critical of that fact.

If you are of the opinion that he is a good manager, where is your evidence?

Past managerial achievements? No.

Improvement in our league position? No.

Picking the best available players? No.

Producing a better style of football? Most definitely not.

I am not calling for him to lose his job, just curious as to why some people are convinced that he is a good manager, doing a good job.

If we were mid to lower half, having given more time to our youngsters, then fair enough. I prefer honesty in people, so if he had come out several weeks ago and said that as we were not realistically able to challenge for a play off spot, therefore he was going to try different players in all manner of different positions and formations, then I could accept that. But he has said all along that whilst it was mathematically possible, he would be trying to achieve it. The reality is that this was never going to be achievable with him making the bizarre tactical decisions that he has.

Many people appear to want to blame FB, GP and others for our current situation and they may well have a point in this regard. But to exclude Sousa from criticism also, shows an agenda of it's own.

Please tell me what you have seen in anything he has brought to the table so far, that indicates that he is a good manager, because I genuinely haven't seen it.

Comment

Four and a half actually, but that is not really the point.

We were 9th, 3 points off a play off spot, we are now 10th, 7 points off a play off spot. I am not particularly being critical of that fact.

If you are of the opinion that he is a good manager, where is your evidence?

Past managerial achievements? No.

Improvement in our league position? No.

Picking the best available players? No.

Producing a better style of football? Most definitely not.

I am not calling for him to lose his job, just curious as to why some people are convinced that he is a good manager, doing a good job.

If we were mid to lower half, having given more time to our youngsters, then fair enough. I prefer honesty in people, so if he had come out several weeks ago and said that as we were not realistically able to challenge for a play off spot, therefore he was going to try different players in all manner of different positions and formations, then I could accept that. But he has said all along that whilst it was mathematically possible, he would be trying to achieve it. The reality is that this was never going to be achievable with him making the bizarre tactical decisions that he has.

Many people appear to want to blame FB, GP and others for our current situation and they may well have a point in this regard. But to exclude Sousa from criticism also, shows an agenda of it's own.

Please tell me what you have seen in anything he has brought to the table so far, that indicates that he is a good manager, because I genuinely haven't seen it.
              I think most of us 'PS' defenders would agree with the above, but we are not defending PS for these reasons. He needs a pre-season, his players and no interferance, then he will live or die (metaphorically) by his decisions next season.

We don't like propaganda that appear on here by certain individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackMafia View Post
                I think most of us 'PS' defenders would agree with the above, but we are not defending PS for these reasons. He needs a pre-season, his players and no interferance, then he will live or die (metaphorically) by his decisions next season.

We don't like propaganda that appear on here by certain individuals.
                Well, I agree with that, as it seems a perfectly logical argument. I actually wish that he proves to be the manager that we are all hoping for, and hope he gets the opportunity to prove it.

My point relates though, to why people are quick to defend him and slate others. That is also propaganda by certain individuals. Such a shame that we cannot all be as fair as you appear to be.

Comment

Well, I agree with that, as it seems a perfectly logical argument. I actually wish that he proves to be the manager that we are all hoping for, and hope he gets the opportunity to prove it.

My point relates though, to why people are quick to defend him and slate others. That is also propaganda by certain individuals. Such a shame that we cannot all be as fair as you appear to be.

How kind of you to say so!

Trying to answer your question, I would say that since Pete runs this site (with MYU) and is friends with GP, any posts by him will be looked at with a touch of cynicism. Is that right? Maybe not, but within his threads he defends GP to the hilt and slates PS, so this causes us to doubt if this is Petes actual opinion, or GP using Pete to gain favour (lack of at the moment) with the fans.

Hopefully that answers it better?

Comment

difficult analogy to draw though isnt it Pete

if I go on holiday and the place is crap then i go somewhere else next time, like you and many of us i dont really have that luxury.

perhaps we can draw the analogy by saying we bought a time share, i guess that works

so we have a time share. we are locked in, it used to be a decent 3 star resort but has seen better days. new owners come in and start to talk about making it the most exclusive resort on the planet. they promise 5 star experience and put the maintenance charges up accordingly so now we we are paying top $ to visit our time share but the experience is pretty much the same, the owners regularly sack the resort manager. they bring in some decorators to tart the place up but its a gloss over, the plumbing is still creaky, the catering remains poor etc etc. a magnificent new pool complex is build but standard time share owners are not permitted to use the new pool, which is hardly used as nobody is prepared to pay the exhoribitant prices for the newly build penthouses because the vista overlooking a dirty unkempt beach is as poor as for the rest of us.

what can we as the hapless over priced timeshare owners do about it. Some have stopped using thier slots as they can no longer afford the maintenance costs, which are rumoured to be going up even further.
                    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

thats excellent. well done.

Comment

Have always defended Sousa and see no reason to change now despite some dire results this season.

I am though very confident he is the man to lead us next season and with a pre season under his belt and the full return of Vine and Buzz plus perhaps the old Lee Cook returning to form who knows.

Comment

well three people on this thread agree with his sacking and i also want him sacked so that is four of us

every week slowly more and more are comming over to the yes sack him
                          section but its still 30 per cent against 70 per cent wanting him to stay

will he go or stay we will have to wait and see

Comment

I don't think there's much wrong with Sousa's tactics or the team performance that a good centre forward wouldn't cure. Solid midfield, creativity when Buz is back, a watertight defence (one we've not seen since ****tu and Carlisle were in their pomp) and decent width. Clearly DiCarmine is useless - regardless of age, inexperience or distance from Mum's house. They don't buy you heart and desire.

If the Board have the cojones (SDC might want to find some) to back Sousa with a couple of mill for a decent centre forward who knows where the net is, we'd have a different story.

Comment

Where would sacking him get us?
                              We need stability, so we need to keep him.

That said...

Where were we when he took over?
                              Where are we now?
                              He's not really looked good, so we need to sack him and start again.

Arguements to both sides of the story.

IMO, I don't care whether or not he stays or goes.
                              He's done absolutley nothing to warrent keeping him, but in fairness not much to deserve being sacked.

The only way I'd feel comfortable with him going is if we guarentee a better manager...just like the striker/Dexter sittuation. We're already being laughed at, and are in danger of becoming a club where no manager or player will want to come on the basis that we talk a good game, yet fail to deliver. If the owners don't take the club seriously, why would anyone else?
                              Your mum would love me...

Comment

I think it's about time they returned to an open door policy at Harlington rather than having to obtain permission to see the players train. I am totally confused, when Sousa came he stated that he wanted his team to play fast attacking football - the amount of blank scorelines since his arrival suggests otherwise and the amount of fast attacking football has been very limited, other than for small periods of the odd game.
                                However, what I understand least of all is why, after a two week break where training field time has been greater than normal, the players appear to have no idea what they are doing with the ball. Is it so difficult to pass in a few triangles, create some forward momentum and get the ball (quickly) into attacking areas? I don't expect this type of football to create an avalanche of goals or even shots on goal until they have been doing it for a series of matches but I would at least like to see them try to play some of the football we were promised. What do they work on in training FFS?
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                                X