I've changed my tune...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've changed my tune...

Some of you lot might know I was banging on about Harry not being fit for purpose but after recent performances and going to the last few games.
    B'ham - Leeds - B'ton - Yeovil etc.. I come to notice that the team still look to be 100% focused with Harry and Kevin Bond etc.
    To the fans that went to Brighton and saw us totally dominate the game, it was glaringly obvious we needed/need someone to stick the ball in the net.
    That's where our season has fallen, losing Charlie.. However I commend Redknapp recently for getting Ravel in and putting his arm round him and getting the best out of him!..

It had made me think though what could of been this season if he would of just done all he could to keep Tarbs. If he wasn't going to buy another goal scorer like Charlie, he should of kept a player like Adel. I think he has only just realised this recently, hence why he did all he could to get Ravel in.
    We are now reaping the rewards with Ravel.. I'm not sure if Phillips will be back by Play-Offs but a midfield and forward line of:

Barton, Ravel, Phillips, Kranjcar/Hoilett and Charlie is now making me so excited about the run in! I think we have been somewhere back to where we were at the start of the season recently, minus Charlie's goals. I think we will make the play-off final and I think we will play Wigan in the play-off final.
    Which could go either way.. But bottom line...

Ravel has saved us and Redknapp.. just hope he stays fit, knowing our luck!
    Last edited by West London is Rss; 18-03-2014, 12:08 PM.

The penny has dropped I see. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      Some of you lot might know I was banging on about Harry not being fit for purpose but after recent performances and going to the last few games.
      B'ham - Leeds - B'ton - Yeovil etc.. I come to notice that the team still look to be 100% focused with Harry and Kevin Bond etc.
      To the fans that went to Brighton and saw us totally dominate the game, it was glaringly obvious we needed/need someone to stick the ball in the net.
      That's where our season has fallen, losing Charlie.. However I commend Redknapp recently for getting Ravel in and putting his arm round him and getting the best out of him!..

It had made me think though what could of been this season if he would of just done all he could to keep Tarbs. If he wasn't going to buy another goal scorer like Charlie, he should of kept a player like Adel. I think he has only just realised this recently, hence why he did all he could to get Ravel in.
      We are now reaping the rewards with Ravel.. I'm not sure if Phillips will be back by Play-Offs but a midfield and forward line of:

Barton, Ravel, Phillips, Kranjcar/Hoilett and Charlie is now making me so excited about the run in! I think we have been somewhere back to where we were at the start of the season recently, minus Charlie's goals. I think we will make the play-off final and I think we will play Wigan in the play-off final.

Fair play and great post COYRS

Comment

Good sensible post Rsss.

I think your right about HR doing wrong in not bringing in another striker (although we don't know the circumstances ie what happens behind the scenes, funds etc), had we had decent cover for Austin we could've been sitting a bit more comfortable.

I also think your right about Morrison. HR done a great job bringing him in. As for Adel I don't think HR missed a trick by letting him go. We all know he can be fantastic on his day and probably could rip this division up on his day... BUT its the bits in between that fail him. How often will he actually "have his day"? if/when he loses possession he's very lazy to win it back. He can potentially destroy the dressing room atmosphere.

injury dependent IMO we have a very decent side who are coming together at the right time. Obviously we've picked up a few injuries, but come playoff time they should be fit and hopefully pick up where they left of (Birmingham, Brighton and Yeovil)
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I agree but isn't Ravel a doubt for tonight?
          The QPR luck continues eh?

Comment

good post

Comment

Et tu, OP Brute.
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

How often does he have his day? Well, the year we went up, about 35 games I would guesstimate.

Comment

Good, well balanced post btw West London, lot of fair comments in that.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    How often does he have his day? Well, the year we went up, about 35 games I would guesstimate.
                    And about 3.5 games since that time to be fair fella
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Maybe we should see what Michael Owen's up to, he also "had his day" a few more than 35 games to... or if you'd like someone a bit closer to home maybe Les Ferdinand he WAS good wasn't he????
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Let's hope the tune doesn't change again tonight.

Comment

The clock ticks on
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

Not going to say I told you so, but... well, I think I mentioned something about it.

Difficult one to call tonight: Wednesday got tonked by Yeovil of all people a couple of weeks ago, but they seem to have given Birmingham a torrid time last Saturday. Rangers just need to play like they did against Birmingham and Yeovil, keep it tight at the back and hope that Morrison has a purple patch. Best of luck

Comment

Said it all season - if we kept taarabt i honestly think we would of walked this league. Still think we have a small chance of automatics....next 4 games are so important - take maximum points and i reckon we would be right back in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X