47 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 years

For all of those who remember 47 years ago tomorrow 4th March 1967, A great day for Rs fans
    Sorry if it's just the link,

I was 5 years old and 1 week, so a bit before my time but still makes me proud of what they achieved
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Makes you realise how ungrateful the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd fans are moaning all the time. Yes Arsenal have had a baron spell and United are down on there luck after years of bullying the rest but how would they cope having to wait the best part of 40years inbetween trophies as we did

Comment

I'm sure man utd went around 20 years before they got one ? Either way sod them.
        "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
        London Pride is a flower that's free.
        London Pride means our own dear town to us,
        And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

And no undermining what was a great result for our club. 2 nil down at half time to win 3-2 against a first division team and us being 3rd division south club.
          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
          London Pride is a flower that's free.
          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
            I'm sure man utd went around 20 years before they got one ? Either way sod them.
            They did mate bit after what 20 years of sweeping all before then look at them wining now and the season has not even ended some people don't know how good they have it

Comment

47 years ago today Sgt Pepper taught the band to play
              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

This is the version for a mobile device:

http://youtu.be/3p04yMrI7BY

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

For all of those who remember 47 years ago tomorrow 4th March 1967, A great day for Rs fans
                  Sorry if it's just the link,
                  i was there dave 2 days before my 11th birthday,what a great day lost my wooden blue and white rattle tho!

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                    And no undermining what was a great result for our club. 2 nil down at half time to win 3-2 against a first division team and us being 3rd division south club.
                    I was there Lone, as a 11 year old, drop the 3rd Div. South though, that was in the 40's or 50's
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Won my first bet as a nipper on the outcome. Fabulous day. Like the old skool all white strip n logo....,

Comment

Great shame that the club treats our participation in the competition that gave us our one true moment of glory, with such disdain these days.
                        If I had my way, we would go all out every year to try and emulate that great 66/67 side.
                        As things stand, there is no chance we will see a QPR cup winning side at Wembley anytime soon. Great shame, that.

Comment

Working...
                        X