Redknapp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Couldn't agree more Jimmy. And those same spoilt little *****es are usually nowhere to be found when things are going well.
    Too right mate. Weasels.

Comment

Couldn't agree more Jimmy. And those same spoilt little *****es are usually nowhere to be found when things are going well.
      The Ipswich away match thread was a perfect example of this. The moaners were all over the match day thread up to halftime and later and when we started winning they all disappeared. Funny stuff.

Comment

Tend to completely disagree with the foxes fan and the others that have backed his post.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with trying to stay a bit positive but to compare the Nigel Pearson situation to the Harry Redknapp one, does not stand any ground at all and in fact.. it actually makes it a very naive post from an opposing fan that is watching it all fall apart from outside LR.

The difference with the 2 managers is that with Harry we have a vastly well paid manager with a big reputation that has run out of ideas.
        A 67 year old man that looks like he isn't up for the fight and has shown us fans no signs of him turning things around. He has decided not to build the club at all for the future, whereas Nigels side has a great mix of mature and young players.

Harry has decided it's all about this season. He hasn't promoted youth at all, and he has signed 7 or 8 33 plus years old who regardless of being the 'right sort' aren't actually good enough to shine anymore. All ok players about 5 years ago and players that are costing the club a fortune in wages.

Harry has had huge backing from the board and you can't compare the 2 clubs on this aspect so clearly expectations are on another level.
        Where do we go now, we have not bedded in any youngsters apart from matty phillips and Austin the future looks bleak. We need a younger manager who wants to succeed and build on what the board are trying to promote. I don't see what keeping Harry will achieve apart from wasting another 3 months.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Tend to completely disagree with the foxes fan and the others that have backed his post.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with trying to stay a bit positive but to compare the Nigel Pearson situation to the Harry Redknapp one, does not stand any ground at all and in fact.. it actually makes it a very naive post from an opposing fan that is watching it all fall apart from outside LR.

The difference with the 2 managers is that with Harry we have a vastly well paid manager with a big reputation that has run out of ideas.
          A 67 year old man that looks like he isn't up for the fight and has shown us fans no signs of him turning things around. He has decided not to build the club at all for the future, whereas Nigels side has a great mix of mature and young players.

Harry has decided it's all about this season. He hasn't promoted youth at all, and he has signed 7 or 8 33 plus years old who regardless of being the 'right sort' aren't actually good enough to shine anymore. All ok players about 5 years ago and players that are costing the club a fortune in wages.

Harry has had huge backing from the board and you can't compare the 2 clubs on this aspect so clearly expectations are on another level.
          Where do we go now, we have not bedded in any youngsters apart from matty phillips and Austin the future looks bleak. We need a younger manager who wants to succeed and build on what the board are trying to promote. I don't see what keeping Harry will achieve apart from wasting another 3 months.
          Harry has decided its all about this season because he is only here for this season.. People saying, don't sack Harry he is long term, have lost the plot just like Harry has.

His only here for his promotion bonus and then he will Foxtrot Oscar come the summer.. Once again Tony and the board have eventually had their arms twisted with a manager because they know nothing about football. Harry and Hughes are definitely not managers to put your trust in with money. Their greedy arrogant individuals who will blow it for the sake of it.

I want Harry out because im fed up of TF getting his pants pulled down by managers. He is obviously very naïve as once again he has given the manager EVERYTHING they have asked for.

Comment

Hope I'm wrong, but completely agree with WeAre on this.

HR has massively underperformed, just as most of the players have. Wouldn't accuse them of not putting in the effort, but it's quite clear to see that there isn't a lot of confidence.

In my opinion, we have played some of the worst, most boring and ineffective football I have seen from the R's in many a year. And I just cannot accept that it is all coincidence and bad luck and nothing to do with the manager, his lack of tactics, poor recruitment of old mates, ridiculous team selection and baffling substitutions.

Does that make me a whingeing b1Tch? Really?

I honestly would love to be proven wrong about this. I have always wanted HR to succeed as he is our manager and we all want us to do well. But his record of achievements during 30 years as a football manager are hardly anything to get all excited about are they? Or is that coincidence too and he's been beset by bad luck all this time?

For those that think keeping him is a good idea, would love to know why you think things will drastically change. Surely nobody can say we've played an exciting brand of football but the results just haven't come. Or that despite the negative tripe we churn out week after week, that the results and league position are justification of it.

Personally, I would have been quite happy building for a couple of years, using the young talent that we have, with a coach who knows what he is doing, can improve them still further and capable of introducing a football philosophy into the club.

Instead we have seen yet another year pass when the youngsters have not been given a chance. And to make it more annoying, at the expense of a young inexperienced player like Carroll and more recently Keane and Maiga. And a whole host of his former payers who are well past their sell by date. So we can't even head into next season with our own young players having enough experience at this level to hit the ground running.

Wasn't he hailed by many as the man to save us last season? That worked out well didn't it? After messing up in the January transfer window, we simply edged further away from safety until we managed to achieve last place. After messing up this January too and not addressing the quite obvious lack of attacking threat in evidence all season, just what is it we are expecting him to do now? And why has it taken him so long to act?

Great motivator? Terrific manager? Hmmmm.

I'll stop short of referring to his fans as the "happy clappy" brigade. Because even his staunchest fan cannot be at all happy about what he has done for us so far.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Harry has decided its all about this season because he is only here for this season.. People saying, don't sack Harry he is long term, have lost the plot just like Harry has.

His only here for his promotion bonus and then he will Foxtrot Oscar come the summer.. Once again Tony and the board have eventually had their arms twisted with a manager because they know nothing about football. Harry and Hughes are definitely not managers to put your trust in with money. Their greedy arrogant individuals who will blow it for the sake of it.

I want Harry out because im fed up of TF getting his pants pulled down by managers. He is obviously very naïve as once again he has given the manager EVERYTHING they have asked for.
              But thats the point! I dont mind if Harry goes in the summer, just not right now, it wont do us any good and TF will have to pay out if he sacks him.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

But thats the point! I dont mind if Harry goes in the summer, just not right now, it wont do us any good and TF will have to pay out if he sacks him.
                Wouldn't he have to pay out if he gets rid at the end of the season too though?

Comment

The thing that really does my head in about Redknapp is that he's never willing to take any blame when results don't go his way. He was like it at Tottenham and Portsmouth. He's always looking for excuses. He has no excuse for failing with this squad. Fernandes has backed him more than any other manager has been backed in the Championship

Comment

Im absolutely still with Redknapp , 16 games to go , no point in changing a manger this late for another one to come in and say there not his players.
                    And i still think we will go up automatically , Harry has completely changed a side and has his striker and two other very influential players out long term, not many clubs could cope with that in the prem let alone in the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                      Great post foxy but we don't have enough fans with working brain cells to digest & understand what you've written unfortunately. You see a lot of our fan base have turned into spoilt little b!tches & expect us to be winning the league by 20 points & don't understand your manager has had years moulding a good squad with a considerable amount of money spent.

No ones happy with recent performances no but 4th with a game in hand is hardly a disaster is it.
                      Great post Jimmy! spot on!

Comment

and likewise Ginger, totally agree.....they disappear into thin air......if names need mentioning, that macca fella is one of the worst!

Comment

Ahhhhh see posts like Jimmy's and winalotto's do my head in because I honestly cannot see how you can look at that angle of the argument.

Im a big believer in looking at long term. and you cant ignore it, the short term again is disastrous.. I don't want to go up this season, I see no point in it.
                          There is no point it.. a team of loans, another new manager next year, more new players next year.. we will come straight back down again.. given.

You CANT just cover your eyes and say were 4th with injuries its all good... you just CANT.
                          No one has been happy with performances all season, we have been very lucky and in a false position.. its not good and you cant purely put the blinkers on and say its fine were 4th

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

You seem to be missing my point, which is that last April (and several other times during the season) Nigel Pearson was getting stick from some City fans who were calling for his head. This despite the fact that, at the time, we were still at a higher position in the division than we had been under any manager in the previous ten years. What people were getting exercised about last April is that we were seventh, and we had been second.

I repeat, I am not a particular fan of Redknapp, and I think quite a few QPR players need a kick up the ar$e judging from their attitude against Reading. However - and this is the key point - the QPR board have tried dumping the manager in each of the past two seasons and it's not worked. QPR have been in the top five for the whole of this season: you were undefeated for your first 11 games, and you're still in fourth place. Is that "all falling apart"? Is that the result of having players who "aren't actually good enough to shine anymore"?

Feel free to call me naive, but you can't argue with the facts that I laid out in my previous post: because that's what they are - facts, not opinions.

On a separate subject, you are plain wrong about there being no comparison between the backing given by QPR's board to Redknapp (and Hughes before him) and that by City's board to our managers. Leicester City is owned by a Thai family, and one of the first things they did when they took over was to appoint Sven-Goran Eriksson as our manager, and give him the keys to the sweetshop. There isn't space here to name the expensive players he signed, and which Pearson has spent the past two years getting rid of. But most importantly, they backed Pearson when a small but vocal minority of fans were howling for his blood: and you can see the results. That's the sort of backing that Redknapp now needs.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              Ahhhhh see posts like Jimmy's and winalotto's do my head in because I honestly cannot see how you can look at that angle of the argument.

Im a big believer in looking at long term. and you cant ignore it, the short term again is disastrous.. I don't want to go up this season, I see no point in it.
                              There is no point it.. a team of loans, another new manager next year, more new players next year.. we will come straight back down again.. given.

You CANT just cover your eyes and say were 4th with injuries its all good... you just CANT.
                              No one has been happy with performances all season, we have been very lucky and in a false position.. its not good and you cant purely put the blinkers on and say its fine were 4th
                              Well of course you can cos its true, with Austin playing how many more points would we have?
                              With Austin and Phillips how many more points would we have?
                              With Austin and Phillips and Simpson who many more points would we have?
                              We would also be able to play with a settled back 4 maybe just rotating a centre half now and then, listen you can hate Redknapp and all he stands for, but you cant hide those true facts that thi s squad has been severely damaged with injuries.

Comment

***T

Comment

Working...
                                X