X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haqpr1963
    replied
    Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    sirpiechecker, to be fair you ask so many questions.

Lets try and give a sensible answer.

I wouldn't have been against Harford and even didn't want to get rid of John Gregory after he all had such a dire team.

In the current climate after last season, I guess most fans expected that this season would be a good one. We pay our season ticket and get told its Dowie:what:. Not my first choice, but I'd accept he was okay to start with. I'm guessing in time, he was under so much pressure from Flavio, that he was scared of losing and thats what led to such dire and boring performances. He had to balance between not losing games and trying to nick points, whilst finding room in the team for Parejo, De carmine and Tomassi.

Its clear that Flavio did not like Dowie, because I GUESS he didn't like him. He sacks Dowie and is quite happy for Ainsworth to take charge but panics after the defeat against Burnley. he has dinner with Capello who recommends Paulo Sousa. A person who impresses Flavio, (even though its fair to say, Paulo hasn't managed anywhere before). From the start of Paulo's reign its completely different to Dowie. Briartore gives full control to Paulo Sousa and he picks the team. When it goes well ( I JUST GUESS) he leaves him to it. He even allows his prodigal son Danny Parejo to go back to Spain.

Now the moment its goes wrong, Flavio wants to have more input. We can lose games, but its the manner which we lose games. He goes to Doncaster and I suspect he is not happy with what he sees. He gets frustrated ( after all I do) and sees hopes of the play offs slowing disappearing. I then guess, he is more vocal with Paulo Sousa. In any walk of life, in any job, if you are doing well your bosses will leave you alone, the moment you don't do so well its right your superiors question you.

Now bringing it up to date. Paulo won't leave before the end of the season, but personally not sure if he will be here next season, Guessing its how he does reminder of the season.

Now in regards to GP. Flavio gives long term contracts, because it gives players financial security and it lets them know its a 3-4 year plan to get into the premier league. Debating this is a seperate issue, but very relevant. its Flavio who sets players budgets and nothing gets done without him knowing. He knows everything and will give a certain budget for players. The club know by talking to Sousa, where we are lacking and will look to deal with that in the summer. Now, if Flavio gets rid of GP (whether you like him or not), other clubs/agents and players will ask for the stars, knowing that we have millionaires at the club and you do with this board need a sporting director (whoever that might be). Paulo might like a player, say Lopez, but he is not going to deal with his agent, nor is Flavio. I've tried to be as honest as I can without taking sides. The sale of Blackstock and cutting wages in the summer, will mean we can get 2 more strikers, midfielder and maybe a full back. Bonuses next season for players will be on going up and not match by match.
    Call me picky, but why did Dowie have to make space for Tomassi in his team when he wasn't even here when he was manager?

FACT.....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
    ok kirill ill say some thing nice about sousa,he would make a fantastic plumber
    well he has stopped the leaks at the back:grimace:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    to be fair Sousa might now ask for a player.

He wanted and got Lopez, he wanted De Santos but he went to Ipswich.

Sousa spoke to Routledge pre-signing and wanted to sign him.
    It took me bloody ages to write that and all you can come back with is 3 lines! You git!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ok

ok kirill ill say some thing nice about sousa,he would make a fantastic plumber

Leave a comment:

• qblockpete
    replied
    to be fair Sousa might now ask for a player.

He wanted and got Lopez, he wanted De Santos but he went to Ipswich.

Sousa spoke to Routledge pre-signing and wanted to sign him.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Flavio knew nothing about football and PS never managed before? GP was an agent and has been Owner/Chairman, now Sporting Director, of our club for a while now?

So it is safe to assume that in his (GP) role as Sporting Director, when PS says he wants a certain player, GP trys to make it happen, via Flavios agreement of course?

Now since GP has had many years dealing with players and contracts, Flavio would be getting advice from GP?

GP, being involved with football in a few different capacities now, can more or less tell Flavio whatever he wants as he (GP) knows best, especially as he has a footballing past and Flavio has not?

So my conclusion is....GP is a ****! No, only joking! My conclusion is as follows:

1. PS has had to work with players mainly brought in by a man (GP) who has no idea about managing a football team, let alone training one, thus meaning he has no idea what players will make us succesful.

2. PS has no managerial experience, yet he has had a glorious playing career, so you would assume he knows a thing or two about players, training and tactics.

3. If PS has asked for certain players, yet they have not been acted on by GP and Flavio, then this is not his fault, is it?

4. Maybe Flavio should listen less to GP and more to his manager.

5. Unfortunately, great players vary rarely make good managers, let alone great ones, so maybe PS is out of his depth (if he has had free reign and no interferance), so if by the first 10 games of next season we are in a poor position, obviously he should go.

Leave a comment:

• Kirill
    replied
    Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
    in defence of sousa there is no defence the mans useless
    DFE, we agreed not to ban you :red_heart: if you say just one positive thing about Sousa. Come on, the man must have something good about him? :grimace:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    yes

in defence of sousa there is no defence the mans useless

Leave a comment:

• qblockpete
    replied
    sirpiechecker, to be fair you ask so many questions.

Lets try and give a sensible answer.

I wouldn't have been against Harford and even didn't want to get rid of John Gregory after he all had such a dire team.

In the current climate after last season, I guess most fans expected that this season would be a good one. We pay our season ticket and get told its Dowie:what:. Not my first choice, but I'd accept he was okay to start with. I'm guessing in time, he was under so much pressure from Flavio, that he was scared of losing and thats what led to such dire and boring performances. He had to balance between not losing games and trying to nick points, whilst finding room in the team for Parejo, De carmine and Tomassi.

Its clear that Flavio did not like Dowie, because I GUESS he didn't like him. He sacks Dowie and is quite happy for Ainsworth to take charge but panics after the defeat against Burnley. he has dinner with Capello who recommends Paulo Sousa. A person who impresses Flavio, (even though its fair to say, Paulo hasn't managed anywhere before). From the start of Paulo's reign its completely different to Dowie. Briartore gives full control to Paulo Sousa and he picks the team. When it goes well ( I JUST GUESS) he leaves him to it. He even allows his prodigal son Danny Parejo to go back to Spain.

Now the moment its goes wrong, Flavio wants to have more input. We can lose games, but its the manner which we lose games. He goes to Doncaster and I suspect he is not happy with what he sees. He gets frustrated ( after all I do) and sees hopes of the play offs slowing disappearing. I then guess, he is more vocal with Paulo Sousa. In any walk of life, in any job, if you are doing well your bosses will leave you alone, the moment you don't do so well its right your superiors question you.

Now bringing it up to date. Paulo won't leave before the end of the season, but personally not sure if he will be here next season, Guessing its how he does reminder of the season.

Now in regards to GP. Flavio gives long term contracts, because it gives players financial security and it lets them know its a 3-4 year plan to get into the premier league. Debating this is a seperate issue, but very relevant. its Flavio who sets players budgets and nothing gets done without him knowing. He knows everything and will give a certain budget for players. The club know by talking to Sousa, where we are lacking and will look to deal with that in the summer. Now, if Flavio gets rid of GP (whether you like him or not), other clubs/agents and players will ask for the stars, knowing that we have millionaires at the club and you do with this board need a sporting director (whoever that might be). Paulo might like a player, say Lopez, but he is not going to deal with his agent, nor is Flavio. I've tried to be as honest as I can without taking sides. The sale of Blackstock and cutting wages in the summer, will mean we can get 2 more strikers, midfielder and maybe a full back. Bonuses next season for players will be on going up and not match by match.

Leave a comment:

• Rebel R's
    replied
    Sousa negative tactics leading to endless 0-0 boring draws could come back to haunt him,we can all make excuses for him,eg not enough time,players injured ect,ect,but at the end of the day,he decides what style of game we play and he goes for a negative game plan every time.

Leave a comment:

• Rich
    replied
    SPC states the obvious, I say that not as a dig, but as a wake up to FB and the rest.

I'm concerned with the length of contracts given to average players such as Delaney and Aygemang. Whoever bought them, either LDC or Paladini, clearly doesn't have a clue about what a good player is. Again, this is obvious but I would only offer a long term contract to someone I struggled to get from another club due to the players quality and as a way of attracting the player who will know they have x thousand a week for 4 and a half ****ing years! Maybe the managers do pick the players and Paladini gets them in SPC, that could explain why LDC mysteriously disappeared?

Leave a comment:

• sirpiechucker
    replied
    Can anyone answer any of the questions I've posed? Who is to blame the succession of managers each wanting to build their team or Paladini for failing to put together a good enough squad?

Leave a comment:

• Funky
    replied
    Not going to happen Sousa is on very thin ice.

Leave a comment:

• qblockpete
    replied
    lets hope the board have the patience for another 12 months. Maybe, next April we can review it under Paulo and see how we've gone.

Leave a comment:

• sirpiechucker
    started a topic In defence of our Manager

In defence of our Manager

This isn't a support of Sousa thread but a support of our manager whoever that may be. If Sousa was fired today and replaced with Darren Ferguson or Dennis Wise how long would we give them before they should be fired? How many games is really enough to judge a manager? My problem with the repeated attack on Sousa is that so many people aren't prepared to be patient and give a manager time. At the beginning of last season people called for Gregory's head, they wanted Harford not to get the job, they wanted Dowie fired, they were even a few who didn't want De Canio and now people want Sousa gone as well. Why? Why can't people remember that we've waited and suffered for years so what difference will one more season make at this level? Is playing and winning the odd game in the Championship really that bad? It is for the cost we have to pay but that isn't the managers fault.

If the manager is never given the time or trusted with the tools to make a team then what is he supposed to do? If we opperate a policy of not allowing the manager to bring players into the club then why hasn't the person responsible for doing this finally built his team. Every player at Manchester United has been brought into the club by Sir Alex Ferguson. If those players fail then he is responsible. Ferguson has had over two decades to form his team and no player joins the club unless he wants them. He has a vision of how he wants his side to play and therefore brings in the players accordingly. Now this isn't an attack on Paladini as there are many things that he has done for this club that I'm extremely grateful for but if he is the man in charge of buying the players why are we struggling to beat so many sides this season? Paladini like Ferguson, has had more than enough time to build a squad capable of beating sides like Crystal Palace.

But if Paladini is told by every manager what type of player to bring in then it highlights the stupidity of changing the manager every five minutes. Paladini can't be blamed if he brings in one type of player for one manager and then has to bring in a completely different type for the next boss. It also puts us in a situation where a new boss doesn't want the previous boss's players. How often over the last couple of years have we had to release players now surplus to requirements? An expensive procedure. But if the manager doesn't have any say and Paladini therefore is the sole person in charge of bringing in players then he has to be responsible for not creating the right squad to get us out of this league.

So which is it? Is Paladini stuck in the middle and does what he is told by each manager or does he have full responsibility for who we sign? If it is the former then those who believe we should sack yet another manager should think not only about the financial ramifications but also what it does to the team and how it makes us look to the outsider. Or if it's the latter than why hasn't Paladini brought in the right players but still managers to escape Briatore's wrath? When players like Morrison, Hudson and Watson are allowed to join other clubs you that Dowie an English manager with years of experience at this level is not allowed to bring in players then someone else must be responsible. If that person is Paladini then he should be held accountable for the job that he has done.
Working...
X