Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattyRangers
    replied
    SWP is awful. "Time for him to come good / step upto the plate" - he's been with us 3 years!!

Let him go, get him off the wage bill.

Leave a comment:

• skranger
    replied
    Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    I'm sure he's a really nice bloke but another example of us going in for someone whose best days were behind him, for whatever reason. Good example of a confidence player whode mojo went AWOL pre us and never seemed to come back. Not hindsight either, plenty had reservations from day one. I would get shot of him ASAP but for the fact that injuries are taking their toll.
    And would you say hoilett was that much better ??

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    I'm sure he's a really nice bloke but another example of us going in for someone whose best days were behind him, for whatever reason. Good example of a confidence player whode mojo went AWOL pre us and never seemed to come back. Not hindsight either, plenty had reservations from day one. I would get shot of him ASAP but for the fact that injuries are taking their toll.

Leave a comment:

• Hertford Hoop
    replied
    Could do a job but must learn to pass the effing ball

Leave a comment:

• Superhoop Jim
    replied
    I always thought he was overrated before he joined us and my opinion hasn't changed. That said I think championship is about his level and we should keep him for the remainder of his contract as I think he is adequate at this level and we need the cover.

Leave a comment:

• skranger
    replied
    Confrontational, but I quite like SWP ... I know his end product can sometimes be lacking but he can take players on..

Are u telling me hoilett is that much better - all about opinions

Play him regularly and let's see

Leave a comment:

• MYU
    replied
    Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
    With the injuries mounting up better off keeping him until the summer now when his contract is up
    I agree and feel it's the wrong time to get rid of him now. He is more than good enough to play in the Championship.

Leave a comment:

• ollyhoops
    replied
    Well with Philips out for the season, I'd be inclined to give Shaun a run in the 1st team.

Leave a comment:

• jmelanie
    replied
    Sorry but didn't he score the winner against Chelsea. Was worth the money for that alone.

I also think the club won't let him go at the present time.

Leave a comment:

• lymehoop
    replied
    just hasn't done it, save a lot on wages, get rid

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by acricketer View Post
    Could be on his way to the MLS. Not a bad move if I were him. Never fulfilled his promise for us. If that disallowed goal v. WBA had stood I think he would have gained the confidence to go on. Never thought he was blagging a living from us and always wanted him to show what we all know he can do. Might be need now Matty is out. Good luck SWP.

http://nypost.com/2014/02/06/phillip...-on-red-bulls/

Did People give him a chance?

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    He is useful as a midfielder still. Good at tracking back, actually. But, maybe we have a youth-midfielder available who could get his chance for that matter?
    Bottomline; I would keep him,though.? Many question marks in my reply,I know. In general, The player himself is a deserves a huge questionmark as far as his stay at the Club so far is concerned...
    Last edited by Shania; 07-02-2014, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Total bust.

Leave a comment:

• march56
    replied
    need to keep him for the time being

Leave a comment:

• Gerryhatrick
    replied
    Wish we had never bought him imo, been a total and very expensive failure, so can't wait til he's gone.

I actually can't recall a moment when wearing a rangers shirt were he has out accelerated a full back down the wing, which was always his main strength way back, in a kind of Aaron Lennon style. Doesn't even try this anymore, always cuts inside. Poor control, poor passing, been a liability mostly. My impression is that he doesn't give much in training, so is now a shadow of his former self. Might be due to confidence, motivation, outside business influences, don't know, but I think we've had more end product from Hulse and Bothroyd, that is how bad he has been. But it's my opinion, others may not agree.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X