We Are A Very Patient Bunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe we should ask for their strikers!! :greedy:
    I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
      Maybe we should ask for their strikers!! :greedy:
      no hooper would be my choice

Comment

patience is a virtue

dont expect full crowds of season ticket holders next season though Pete and you know that will be nothing to do with Sousa it will be to do with the short sighted policy of the board and the application of that policy by the commercial management.
        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

YES I AM READING THIS MESSAGE BOARD and we all have our own instincts
          we all have our own thoughts
          i remember thinking when gerry left oh so what weve got the elequent
          and beautifully dressed wilkins
          at first it didnt really click in like sousa he made mistake after mistake but i didnt want to beleive that ray wilkins could possibly be a flop
          after wilkins had gone the devestation was unbeleivable
          we were not only no longer in the top flight we were finished in every way his inexperience meant he had bought a load of crap players
          many of you were too young to remember wilkins
          thats why i am an anti sousa man
          i do beleive that destroying the 22 yerar old blackstocks career was the single worst peice of management that has ever been done at loftus road
          in the last fifty years of my supporting them and ive driven all the way to manchester city even with out a ticket
          and seen qpr in access of three hundred times
          there are about five posters who agree with me
          so i am in the minority but q block pete is no troll he says what he feels
          he must be allowed to say what he feels that is the whole point of having a message board i dont tell you people off for backing sousa so you must let me have my opinion
          its only an opinion
          next season if sousa is still here and he wins his first ten games then you will see me humiliated and muted
          and ill be apologising to everyone and blaming the speckled hen but me and pete dont have an agenda

Comment

So you don't tell people off for backing Sousa! That will come as a shock to many on here.

The sun is up, isn't it about time you went back under your bridge?
            A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Originally posted by E4Hoop View Post
              Do you ever stop QblockPropaganda?
              how about you can it...pete has a very good point.....this season has been so boring, such a waste of money and so disappointing....sousa has contributed to the dross
              ranger4now ranger4always RANGER4LIFE

Comment

All these 0-0s show me one thing. We have a great defence but cannot score. That is not the fault of Sousa. We have not addressed the problem of bringing 2 or 3 top strikers in! Once that does happen, we will be fine!
                First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

coxy you are a very lovely man and your so full of love and you really love your qpr
                  for your sake i hope he can deliver for your sake i hope i do have to apologise
                  to the whole board
                  but im really frightened that we have another wilkins in our midst
                  but when i think of little goochies face i so much want to return to that prem
                  before i drop dead im now 54 how many nore years can i live i dont know but these nil nils are killing me one day at a time
                  i cant take much more of this dross

Comment

For my sins, Im a smoker. The thing that annoys me the most as a smoker, is the constant lectures and propaganda against smokers. I know it's bad for me, I know it shortens life, increases the risk of cancer, and will cost be a fortune to do so. I know all of this, yet I still smoke, not out of spite or anything, because I want to.

The same thing can be applied to Sousa. The same people who are pro Sousa, will know about all our goalless draws this season, and are more than aware that Di Carmine is no lone striker. Bassically we all know he isnt perfect. And just like I still choose to smoke despite knowing it's bad for me, I'll continue to support Sousa knowing he isnt perfect.

Heres where the difference between the 2 analogies comes in. Me quitting smoking will be beneficial for me in the long term, sacking Sousa and trying to out him, wont benefit QPR at all. Not in the short term and not in the long term either. The point Im trying to make is that people can hark on and bring up stats to point out Sousa's flaws all they want, and act as if it's new information to put a new spin on the "Sousa out" front, but the fact is, the fans that are behind Sousa are not unaware of all of this.

The fact is from my point of view, regardless of what you say about his tactics, formations, substitutions and chopping and changing of players, we arent in a position to give up on him yet. Half a season is not enough time for any manager to fully make his mark on a team. Im not going to go into all the behind the scenes shennanigans involving transfers and what not as whilst relevant to some degree, doesnt really mean Sousa is any better or any worse at his job.

Those nil nil draws, under a different manager could be 0-1 losses. We know we need a striker of some quality, and so does Sousa. This season is a write off, and rather than concentrating on the 0-0 games of this season, lets see if Sousa addresses the problem and turns them into wins next season. If he doesnt then by all means i'll be the first to question what he's actually doing, but until that time, theres no point being up in arms over a season that quite frankley, right now, isnt important. We're not in trouble of going down, and are in no danger of mounting a playoff challenge. I know I may sound like a broken record at times but atleast give Sousa a fair crack, with all of our top players fit, and a decent striker before writing him off.

I also think this thread topic is all kinds of ironic. Pete tries to make the point that we are a patient bunch whilst seemingly being one of the biggest culprits for wanting Sousa out. Yes we ARE a patient bunch Pete and so we should be. You want chopping and changing of managers every season with money being splashed willy nilly with your team winning near enough all the time, go watch Chelsea, because your coming off as one of them.

Good things come to those who wait.
                    Will change my user name to half full when QPR give me reason too...

Comment

well

our fan base seems to me to lack ambition they seem happy to watch nil nils and stay in the middle of this division

i want the glamour

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
                        our fan base seems to me to lack ambition they seem happy to watch nil nils and stay in the middle of this division

i want the glamour
                        I really hope that was aimed at me Dex because you might want to re-read my post if it was. I never said I was satisfied with our 0-0 draws, I was saying they could easily have been losses instead. Give Sousa the chance to field the likes of Vine, Rowlands and Blackstock all at once, with Cook, Routledge(Taraabt?), aswell as 1-2 new strikers, and if we still cant score, by all means I may begin to lose patience.

We all want success for QPR, but this season isnt our time. Theres no point crying over spilt milk and those 0-0 draws of this season cant be changed and Sousa should not be victimised and blamed for them considering the strikers he has had at his disposal, none of which are his players, who have all been a massive let down.

For me, we create chance after chance but simply have nobody who can finish. Get a striker who can for next season, and it'll be interesting to see what people think of Sousa's team then if he's getting results.
                        Will change my user name to half full when QPR give me reason too...

Comment

Do you think Arsenal fans were complaining under George Graham when they won most of their games 1-0 and won the league?

Or do they wanna play sexy football and win nothing like under Wenger at the moment?

I know what I would want.

Look at Chelsea as well under Mourinho. The football was not great but the want trophies. Abramovic would have him back in a second!
                          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

well

half empty your a very brilliant writer ...lets hope we all get a promotion next season...retyurning to that top flight is a wonderfull concept

Comment

Sacking Sousa before he has had pre-season and a large chunk of next season would be a HUGE mistake in my opinion.Any manager needs TIME to make a difference-I am starting to hate what some of our so-called supporters are becoming.If you want INSTANT glory then go and support Man Utd or the flash scum from The King's Road.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                                Do you think Arsenal fans were complaining under George Graham when they won most of their games 1-0 and won the league?

Or do they wanna play sexy football and win nothing like under Wenger at the moment?

I know what I would want.

Look at Chelsea as well under Mourinho. The football was not great but the want trophies. Abramovic would have him back in a second!
                                No, he wouldn't. Not in a million years.

Comment

Working...
                                X