Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Profile Of A Glory Hunter

How does one become a glory hunter?

Luton have 40,000 today at Wembley and I'm sure given the chance we would have 50,000.

How do you spot one and why don't they go to more games?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

"Manchester United Supporter"

Says all there needs to be said about "glory hunters" / glory hunting, & strangely enough, the team that the vast majority of them seem to support.

Luton deserve to be applauded, for what in effect they are doing is the whole town is going to Wembley & giving the FA the fingers.
    I dont like Luton anymore than the next person, but fair play to them for this.

Comment

Say what ya wont about "glory hunters" but from a business point of view, there the extra income this club will be earning lots of cash from when we get into the premiership.

That i guess is a business view, from my point of view though i would find it very anoying if we began to do really well and i was accused of being a glory hunter.

IMO i find it impossible to understand how someone can live in London and support Liverpool/ Man u. No connection, No passion. I infact pitty people that think they buy a shirt, watch the games in the pub and then believe/act like there some die hard fan. Makes me laugh.
      Last edited by Youvebeenrangered; 05-04-2009, 03:16 PM.
      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

saying people who dont regularly attend games are glory hunters is bull****....

I play myself on Saturdays do can't attend anywhere near as much as id like, yet I was there for the 0-5 at Selhurst in 00/01, was at Plymouth away in 05 watching Egutu Oliseh make one of his very rare appearances Gor us, was there at Ashton Gate in 07 seeing John Curtis and Danny Nardiello turn put when we were on the verge of admin...

It would be easier and a lot cheaper for me to go watch Prem football at Fratton Park ffs.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
          saying people who dont regularly attend games are glory hunters is bull****....

I play myself on Saturdays do can't attend anywhere near as much as id like, yet I was there for the 0-5 at Selhurst in 00/01, was at Plymouth away in 05 watching Egutu Oliseh make one of his very rare appearances Gor us, was there at Ashton Gate in 07 seeing John Curtis and Danny Nardiello turn put when we were on the verge of admin...

It would be easier and a lot cheaper for me to go watch Prem football at Fratton Park ffs.....
          Agreed Jamie I play almost every week which stops me attending games, I also live a fair trek away from the ground! I have attended games since I as a little kid with my old man and still do to this day whenever I can, it's not as much as I would like but I have watched us in the Premiership, the Championshp and when we were in Division 2! I will always go to games whatever league we play in....Having suffered abuse whilst growing up from the legions of Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal fans Gloryhunter is the last term that can be levelled at me!

Comment

the commentator answered the question when asked why so many turned up for Luton today and not every week....most fans cannot afford the entrance week in week out...specially if it's a few members of the same family want to go to the match.

Comment

We didn't sell our full allocation for the play off final so how comes we could all of a sudden sell 50000?
              "Originally Posted by qblockpete
              QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
              Swansea will finish in bottom 6
              Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

jamie, I actually agree with you. My boy plays on a Saturday and he wouldn't give it up for the world. More important things in life than QPR.

Writtler 33,000 for Cardiff or 50,000 for Wembley no contest. it might be a bit like Luton today probably fans from other clubs attending, but the club would have no trouble selling it for a championship play -off final.

Cup final crowds for Wembley in the eighties and haven#t all died:grimace:
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  How does one become a glory hunter?

Luton have 40,000 today at Wembley and I'm sure given the chance we would have 50,000.

How do you spot one and why don't they go to more games?
                  Yeah Flavio, Bernie and Amit. Bunch of glory hunters. For years we struggled and faced financial hardship. But the moment we get solid investment, they suddenly appear. Don't you just hate fans like that. :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    jamie, I actually agree with you. My boy plays on a Saturday and he wouldn't give it up for the world. More important things in life than QPR.

Writtler 33,000 for Cardiff or 50,000 for Wembley no contest. it might be a bit like Luton today probably fans from other clubs attending, but the club would have no trouble selling it for a championship play -off final.

Cup final crowds for Wembley in the eighties and haven#t all died:grimace:
                    I believe we'd take 50,000 to wembley

It's only down the road

What a day out that would be , i just hope we score cos i was at cardiff and to have heard 2 times the normal amount of fans celebrating would have been fantastic and at wembley it would be that much better

Comment

Working...
                    X