Blackstock Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstock Songs

There was a good giggle in SAR today, when a handful of people started singing Dexter songs today. I just checked a forest MB and there was this one reply tp a question from luke about how did he do today, which sums DB up really well.

"He didn't have an especially good game, but the options he gave us as a team made us alot more threatening going forward.

He tried to control a bouncing ball inside the area a few times and decided to turn the defender rather than shoot.. although one of those went to Earnie who smashed a shot at the cross bar.

Some good flicks, decent aerially.

Should've got the tap in from "that" through-box cross by McCleary."

i thought the songs were just not needed; we suppot QPR not dexter blackstock unless he is in a qpr shirt

Comment

Dexter who?

Comment

He's the one who apparently isn't quite as good as "Sammy" DiCarmine...

Comment

Originally posted by Sirsupahoopsa View Post
          i thought the songs were just not needed; we suppot QPR not dexter blackstock unless he is in a qpr shirt
          Tell Pete that, he was getting rather excited with his drum today!

Comment

As I've tried to point out elsewhere, think this was aimed at the board rather than DiCarbuncle. He can't help being not very good, but they can...

Comment

whoever it was aimed at i dont suppose it helped Di carmine's confidence ......

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                whoever it was aimed at i dont suppose it helped Di carmine's confidence ......
                Exactly!
                I felt sorry for the lad -- our fans can be INFURIATING with their reactions -- he's a 19 year old in a foreign country, with the weight on his shoulders of being the remnants of a very depleted strike force, and he gets sarcastic cheers/jeers when he's subbed (despite having had a serious-looking facial injury first half which may well have left him dazed).

The, oh my God, because Rowan I-walk-on-water-as-well Vine doesn't get a hat-trick in the first ten minutes he's on, the SAME group is singing for Dexter Blackstock! How must Vine have felt? It's no good saying, "Oh, it was aimed at the board" -- Vine doesn't know that, does he? He's not a bleedin' mind-reader, is he?
                My one worry about him coming back too soon (which it might be) was that the weight of expectation on him will be too high --- it won't be long before he gets booed for not being the player he was straight away.

I get almost as angry with our fans sometimes as I do with the stuff behind the scenes.
                Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

the underlying problem is that ours is an extremely badly run club, where it is all done on whim rather than reaosn.

Comment

Working...
                  X