Hooper - lack of demand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooper - lack of demand

We all know the Hooper deal has drifted and likely outcome is he won't sign.

Have to say though if he was that good a half decent Premiership side would be taking a punt on him at that money along lines of say likes of Newcastle, Villa, Everton in addition to suppose interest from West Ham and admitted interest from Norwich.

For us potentially a great signing as done it at this level and could progress with us in Premiership. However for Premiership sides probably not that exciting. Done ok at Celtic but lets face it aside from the odd European match the best opposition he has faced has been Championship standard at very best and often I'd say League 1 or 2 in the absence of Rangers in SPL. To come into Premiership would be massive step up and maybe most Premiership sides haven't seen enough in his time at Celtic to make him worthwhile signing and may explain why Norwich were interested in getting him on the cheap but not beyond that if reports correct.

Hope club can get this deal through but not end of the world. For me encouraging thing is club willing to spend if in their view right player so whether we get him or someone else they still mean business.

I'm with most that I'm worried about our real lack of firepower,especially if Remy goes

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
      I'm with most that I'm worried about our real lack of firepower,especially if Remy goes
      The Remy situation obviously is a weird one. If we assume we won't find out whether he will be charged or not until deadline day, it means that if he is not charged, he can only be sold or loaned to a Russian club? It's possible, he'd probably get European football, and would likely be preferable to the Championship.

If he has to stay, are we really expecting him to be up for the fight? Knowing that he is way too good for the league, wouldn't be here by choice, and just waiting until he got the move in January.

And then there's obviously the worst case scenario.....

Comment

I'd have thought he'd get more recognition with us in the Championship by mid to top table PL clubs than if he stays at Celtic playing teams like Ross County, Inverness and St Mirren 4 times a season.

My fear is that we might be wasting time and before you know it players like Billy Sharp, Charlie Austin, etc will be snapped up elsewhere. Then what do we do if Remy leaves?

Comment

Not necessarily deadline day as the Met report said sometime in September. So far we have had no interest from Russia (or anywhere other than the UK for the matter). QPR have only offered him to English Clubs, does that mean that there are some restrictions regarding him moving and also that any new Club will have to become some sort of guarantor?

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
            Not necessarily deadline day as the Met report said sometime in September. So far we have had no interest from Russia (or anywhere other than the UK for the matter). QPR have only offered him to English Clubs, does that mean that there are some restrictions regarding him moving and also that any new Club will have to become some sort of guarantor?
            There was rumour about a work-permit restriction due to the bail conditions, but no-one could work out why he would have a work-permit as he's French.

There has only been rumours about English club interest, the only concrete thing I saw was David Gold saying it was a no-go because of the potential charges. THat would surely hold true for anyone at this stage. Someone might get desperate enough to risk it, but I would be surprised.

I only mentioned the Russian clubs, because after deadline day, no other top flight team in Europe will be able to take him.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
              There was rumour about a work-permit restriction due to the bail conditions, but no-one could work out why he would have a work-permit as he's French.

There has only been rumours about English club interest, the only concrete thing I saw was David Gold saying it was a no-go because of the potential charges. THat would surely hold true for anyone at this stage. Someone might get desperate enough to risk it, but I would be surprised.

I only mentioned the Russian clubs, because after deadline day, no other top flight team in Europe will be able to take him.

from what i remember reading about it, his passport is with the police and cannot travel abroad until the situation is resolved.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post

Is there a deadline day for Russian clubs.

Comment

He was in Austria so he can definitely travel.

Comment

Originally posted by yugohoop View Post
                    He was in Austria so he can definitely travel.
                    Was he in chains though?

Comment

Perhaps the Club were holding his passport.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                        Is there a deadline day for Russian clubs.
                        If Putin want´s one there will be one.

Comment

still never got an answer about how he plays - because what i have seen he is a darren bent type - if so he would not be a good partner for remy at all.

so if harry is correct and remy is staying until january when would hooper actually play even if he did sign

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                            still never got an answer about how he plays - because what i have seen he is a darren bent type - if so he would not be a good partner for remy at all.

so if harry is correct and remy is staying until january when would hooper actually play even if he did sign
                            Maybe we've all got it wrong and the club is only going to sign him if Remy is going elsewhere.

Comment

Latest rumour is hooper to Norwich which the latest odds seem to support, maybe even as early as tomorrow. Not his greatest fan to be honest ok in Championship but not sure he's cut out for the Prem. Think Austin with his medical issues catered for is much the better option.

Comment

Working...
                              X