Ashford - Middlesex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashford - Middlesex

Way off topic I know but can anybody tell me what this area is like please??

Cheers.

Depends if you like low flying aircraft or not

Comment

Heathrow issues right i'm guessing..

Comment

Way off being QPR related as well...!

Comment

That's where I live!

Nice little place (despite housing a woman's prison ) quiet kind of suburban town. Little high street, train station etc.

Also have a resident tramp called Ian The Pennyman who will perform a variety of dances in exchange for a penny. My personal favourite is "the worm" which he performs ever so well.

You thinking of moving here?

Despite being near to Heathrow I can assure you there is no issues with low flying planes at all, barely even notice the airport at all tbh with you.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Matty has failed to tell you that you can see the passengers looking through the window out of the planes that nearly land on your roof

Comment

Got a lot of friends who live there (I used to live in Staines) and I used to drink in The Links (later Kings Fairway) and District Arms pubs. It's quite nice compared to Feltham, Hounslow etc. The only thing a few friends of mine are getting out of there because there is a massive influx of Eastern Europeans.

Another thing going for it is that it has a new Wimpy. :D

Comment

Originally posted by wicksta View Post
                Got a lot of friends who live there (I used to live in Staines) and I used to drink in The Links (later Kings Fairway) and District Arms pubs. It's quite nice compared to Feltham, Hounslow etc. The only thing a few friends of mine are getting out of there because there is a massive influx of Eastern Europeans.

They drop them off as there flying over your roof

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
                  Matty has failed to tell you that you can see the passengers looking through the window out of the planes that nearly land on your roof
                  Maybe as I'm used to it but I genuinely don't even realise planes at all. More of a pest is the heaps of learner drivers taking their tests throughout the day when you're not at work!

Originally posted by wicksta View Post

The Fairway is where I spend a fair few of me Friday nights! I can literally see the DA from me front door n all - small world.

Not noticed any Eastern Europeans tbh - plenty up the road in Feltham, but Ashford is generally OK.... for now!

Wimpy's super size is a poor effort - nothing on Burger King up the road in Egham. Well worth the 5 minute drive to get the additional 500 calories for your money.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    Maybe as I'm used to it but I genuinely don't even realise planes at all. More of a pest is the heaps of learner drivers taking their tests throughout the day when you're not at work!

The Fairway is where I spend a fair few of me Friday nights! I can literally see the DA from me front door n all - small world.

Not noticed any Eastern Europeans tbh - plenty up the road in Feltham, but Ashford is generally OK.... for now!

Wimpy's super size is a poor effort - nothing on Burger King up the road in Egham. Well worth the 5 minute drive to get the additional 500 calories for your money.
                    5min drive into Terminal 5

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
                      5min drive into Terminal 5
                      You got a vendetta against my ends Webbie?! Hahah where you from?

Comment

Getting this slightly back on track to QPR - How far is it from Rangers??

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
                          Getting this slightly back on track to QPR - How far is it from Rangers??
                          Half hour drive with a standard run.

Train from Ashford requires ya to change at Clapham, about 50 min journey all in.

Comment

Ashfords alright.

Ash tree is a decent boozer and Tamanas does a blinding vindaloo

Comment

Lived there the majority of my adult life, not a bad little town, like Matty says half hour from the bush and plenty of shops if you want your nails done ha ha
                              God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Working...
                              X