Clear All

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
    Was there any quotes from the meeting?
    "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

?
    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Only managed to catch about ten minutes total in two stints towards the end.

In the bits I did see, the very uninspiring panel didn't seem to have much of a clue so far as answering questions, but hardly surprising. Everyone looked thoroughly bored. Hope they put it up to watch again as I'm sure there must have been better bits than I saw.

I felt that once CR had been given the bullet, that it should really have been postponed in order for us to sort ourselves out a bit.
      So true that, after the manager just sacked then reschedule. What with Les being ill as well it must of been a total washout.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        So true that, after the manager just sacked then reschedule. What with Les being ill as well it must of been a total washout.
        I tend to agree with you but I also suspect that had they cancelled there would have been uproar amongst a section of the fans complaining that the club aren't willing to talk to fans, don't care, etc..... Basically, either way, someone has a moan!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
          Was there any quotes from the meeting?
          I think it was broadcast live on Player or YouTube. As far as I know they'll be putting up a replay later today, so I won't go into details here. Our questions were addressed as best they could but obviously it wasn't ideal with Les cancelling his appearance. They are now planning another forum for LF to attend.

However I did manage to catch a few words with Lee Hoos, Andy Sinton and compère Paul Morrissey afterwards:

Lee Hoos confirmed to me that the club aren't looking beyond Warnock's temporary reign with regard to him being offered a long-term position at the club. He said they were delighted to have him helping the club out in the interim period until a permanent head-coach is in place. On the one hand he didn't rule out a long-term position for him but when I asked how it could dovetail with Les' DoF role he acknowledged the point and said "clearly we don't want to wedge in new job-titles just for the sake of it."

I chatted with Andy about his early days and how he started life as a pro. Originally from his hometown of Newcastle, he had trials there and was offered a deal as a youngster but actually turned them down because he wasn't impressed with their youth-setup. He then traveled down to the midlands for trials with most of the big clubs wanting to take him on but being the "stubborn" young man he was he turned them all down because they couldn't guarantee first-team football. Cambridge United were the exception to this, which was where he chose to begin his career properly, making nearly 100 appearances for, before securing his transfer to Brentford, and then finally on to QPR.

Paul Morrissey commented on the tragic passing of young Tommaso Trani and how upset many first-team players have been about it, as even though he never made any full appearances they'd trained with him everyday for two years. So we agreed it was good that a public tribute had been made at the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            I think it was broadcast live on Player or YouTube. As far as I know they'll be putting up a replay later today, so I won't go into details here. Our questions were addressed as best they could but obviously it wasn't ideal with Les cancelling his appearance. They are now planning another forum for LF to attend.

However I did manage to catch a few words with Lee Hoos, Andy Sinton and compère Paul Morrissey afterwards:

Lee Hoos confirmed to me that the club aren't looking beyond Warnock's temporary reign with regard to him being offered a long-term position at the club. He said they were delighted to have him helping the club out in the interim period until a permanent head-coach is in place. On the one hand he didn't rule out a long-term position for him but when I asked how it could dovetail with Les' DoF role he acknowledged the point and said "clearly we don't want to wedge in new job-titles just for the sake of it."

I chatted with Andy about his early days and how he started life as a pro. Originally from his hometown of Newcastle, he had trials there and was offered a deal as a youngster but actually turned them down because he wasn't impressed with their youth-setup. He then traveled down to the midlands for trials with most of the big clubs wanting to take him on but being the "stubborn" young man he was he turned them all down because they couldn't guarantee first-team football. Cambridge United were the exception to this, which was where he chose to begin his career properly, making nearly 100 appearances for, before securing his transfer to Brentford, and then finally on to QPR.

Paul Morrissey commented on the tragic passing of young Tommaso Trani and how upset many first-team players have been about it, as even though he never made any full appearances they'd trained with him everyday for two years. So we agreed it was good that a public tribute had been made at the forum.
            Thank you for posting this, I missed it myself had hope to watch it later tonight on QPR Player HD.

Will not be on the YouTube channel.

Comment

I went yesterday, the first time I had attended one of the fans forums, was actually quite excited about going (as sad as that is!). It was a shame that Les was not there as it meant that discussions could really take place about the footballing side of things, although, on the other hand, that may have been best as it could have ended up as an argument! Issues discussed as per below:

Introduction

Lee Hoos spoke (at length!) about his remit at the club and what he had done in the 4 months he had been here. Essentially he is at the club to ensure that the ship is steadied and that we start running as a business rather than a money black hole. He is in the process of re-writing the club mission and vision statement which will incorporate fan feedback as well as the usual market research to understand exactly where we are now and where we want to be. This was where he raised the point about the club standing and that, from an attendance point only, we are 31st of the 92 football league clubs. Was purely one figure and he was keen to stress that it was just one of many indicators being used to understand what success would be for QPR ie is it a 40,000 seater stadium, is it maintaining a profit, is it bringing through youth, being in the prem etc and then creating a framework around it. You would question why this wasn't done thoroughly by Phil Beard but at least it is being done now.

One thing that did come across very clear last night (although not explicitly stated) was the structure of how the club is run now. It is effectively:
              Tony Fernandes: Co-Chairman - part of the visionary of the board but very much hands off now, and has been for a fair few months
              Ruben Gnanalingam: Co-Chairman - part of the anchor (ensuring TF doesn't get too carried away!!) of the board. Working in the background with Lee Hoos and prefers to stay in the background
              Lee Hoos: CEO - runs the non-footballing side of the club on a day to day basis and is responsible for the business elements. Freely and openly admits he does not have a clue about who should play where or what formation should be and does not get involved with that.
              Les Ferdinand: DOF - runs the footballing side of the club on a day to day basis. Responsible for signings, coaches etc

Managerial Situation
              Lee, Les and the board all met in Malaysia this week to draw the specification on the candidate. Hoos was keen to stress that whilst it needs to be a quick process it will be not a case of getting the first available person in if they are not correct for the job. They have a long list of candidates which will get whittled down before the interview process begins. Interviews will be 2 stage, first with Les and Lee and then a 2nd interview with the rest of the board and owners. We are not exclusively looking at managers currently out of work either.

They are still in dialogue with Chris Ramsey and the feeling I got is that they would like to keep him at the club in some capacity. Neil Warnock is NOT here for the long term and very much a stop gap until a new man comes in. He has a contract until the end of November and will roll on from there if needs be.

Expectation Shift

Not really too much on this that we didn't already know. We kept the players we expected to get rid of stayed and so we have prem experienced players playing in the championship. Expectation that with the squad we have we should be pushing for promotion.

Old Oak Common/Training Ground

Training Ground is moving along, albeit slower than they would have liked. There is 1, potentially 2, more stages of planning permission to go through before it all gets signed off. There has been another objection from a local council group who want top put a public pathway all the way through the middle of the field. Hoos was adamant though that there will be a new ground of some description that will house all the playing squad from youth to first team and is vital for the club moving forward.

The ground is still some way off and is quite complicated due to the Cargiant issues. Absolutely not dead in the water but taking a lot longer than they had hoped.

FFP
              Club still confident they have a good argument, FFP is still hanging over and the club are trying to now cut their cloth accordingly to avoid flouting any rules in future. They do know dates of when committees are deciding but cannot give any details of them due to confidentiality clauses.

There were then a few questions from the floor, one in particular around ex players and some great work that the guys at the AKUTRS team had done but were struggling to get traction on from the club. Lee Hoos hadn't seen the proposals but committed to look at them and feed back.

Interestingly Hoos raised the idea of an official supporters club a couple of times so it may be something he is keen to get going again. The kit for next year has been briefed to Nike and they are starting to get prototype designs back which will be shared with the small supporters group Hoos has already set up.

The club accept that the scouting network, and in particular, the youth scouting network is absolutely not where they want it to be and there is an overhaul going on with new youth scouts actively being recruited by Perry Suckling.

Overall, on face value, it may have felt a long meeting and potentially boring, but as a newbie, I took a lot out of it and the information was there for us. There is obviously a lot of anger at the way the club has been run over the past 4 years but, now the debt is no longer there, it does feel like the reset button has been pressed and its time to let the anger go and move on. There is some pleasing and encouraging things coming out of the club.

I was surprised they didn't kick of the meeting with a short point about Trani which is why I raised it, really horrible and tragic thing to happen.

Apologies if I've missed anything out, trying to type from memory!!

Comment

Thanks for that report!
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                  Thanks for that report!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    Will not be on the YouTube channel.
                    bloody well should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                      bloody well should have been.
                      Why, if as mentioned it looks like being available on Player?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Why, if as mentioned it looks like being available on Player?
                        Cos not every QPR fan pays for Player, & this should have been available to everyone, even the tight arses! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                          Cos not every QPR fan pays for Player, & this should have been available to everyone, even the tight arses! ;)
                          Fortunately they read this site

Comment

Good lad Stan. I know myu likes to plug player but you help out all fans
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Very interesting, thanks for posting
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Thank you Stanley

Comment

Working...
                                X