Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we change our penalty and free kick taker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we change our penalty and free kick taker?

And if so who? I've tried to pick players that will most likely be on the pitch more often.
    Hill
    4.17%
    Samba
    0.00%
    Derry
    2.08%
    Mbia
    0.00%
    Jenas
    27.08%
    Mackie
    0.00%
    SWP
    2.08%
    Zamora
    6.25%
    Remy
    6.25%
    Townsend
    18.75%
    Stick with Taarabt
    33.33%

too right mate....adel is one of the worse dead ball takers ive ever seen!....needs to be told ny arry in no uncertain circumstances to keep away!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

We've won two penalties in 25 games. And missed both of them.

Comment

Just sorted a poll, you think we need a change then Facto..

Comment

yes mate...its imperative to clear the 'first' man in any deadball situation....adel doesnt have the dead ball technical ability to do this!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

tbh I don't think you should have the same penalty and free kick taker. I would have granero take a lot of our free kicks as taarabts seem to be going downhill but I definately wouldnt have him as our primary penalty taker.

Comment

Agree we have to make the most of the chance to get players in the box, and if we have BZ on the pitch we have a real ariel threat with him Samba and Hill. I noticed we had Townsend taking some corners yesterday he's seem to deliver a good ball

Comment

A moot point about the penalty kicks IMHO, we rarely get one and probably won't have any more this season because we're not in the opposition box often enough! Add to this when a cross is sent in and handled (WBA) the referee tends to ignore it!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Of course someone else should take them. Even when Adel scores penalties its usually luck

Comment

Townsend and Jenas for free kicks and Adel for corners as Granero wouldn't be in my starting lie-up
                    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

I can't remember if JJ used to take freekicks in the past, but he struck that one quite well that hit Mafia's mate straight up up the a*se. Townsend would be worth a try in my view

Comment

Free-kicks around the box and penalties, Tarbs - his previous record according to a poster is 8 out of 8.

Corners and other free-kicks that need to be whipped in, someone else. Don't know who, but surely there must be someone else capable of delivering a good ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
                          Townsend and Jenas for free kicks and Adel for corners as Granero wouldn't be in my starting lie-up

If, after he's wasted endless corners all season you honestly still want Adel to take them, you should probably be restricted to watching games via an internet stream at Broadmoor..... No offence.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                            If, after he's wasted endless corners all season you honestly still want Adel to take them, you should probably be restricted to watching games via an internet stream at Broadmoor..... No offence.
                            He has taken some decent ones, Hill's header off the line against WBA, Nelsen's goal against Toon, header against post (can't remember against who).

I agree most have been sh1te, but other than Granero, the others are probably just as sh1te.

Comment

Where's Granero on the poll...???

When he's on the pitch, Granero should be on all dead balls. Much better than Adel. Also if he's in a shooting position around the box, Hill (as captain) should get hold of Adel and keep him the F$%k away from the taker. He whines and kicks off that he should be taking it instead of them and it only puts more pressure on the taker to produce.

He did the same last season when we got a pen against Chelsea and was arguing with HH to take it even though HH was the best taker we had... Barton did what a captain should on that occasion and pulled him away and luckilly it didn't affect HH too much, but could of.... If he hadn't scored that, we'd have been relegated. I'd like Hill or Harry, to tell Adel what he needs to know in no uncertain tersm sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X