What is your true gut feeling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    My gut feeling was to sack him as soon as the final whistle went at Maine Road at the end of last season.

He has done nothing whatsoever in his business dealings, tactics or selection to make me change that view. Even if the players gel the tactics will be predictable and unimaginative. His sides play poor football and always have. I'm genuinely amazed that so many people here seem to rate him.

Then there is the problem of his interfering agent. Step forward Mr.Joorabchian, the real power in our transfer dealings (Julio Cesar for a start). We know what happens when the club is at the mercy of third party business interests. We've been here before. Joora is far smarter in terms of football business than Tony or Amit, he's well fly, intelligent, highly experienced and unfortunately he keepes Sparky in his back pocket. He sold Hughes to the TF, and its odds on getting rid will cost us big time as a result.

But it has to be done.
    I agree, I commented when MH joined about my concerns about his closeness to his agent. What has surprised me was at the time of his arrival, signings were suppose to be targetted. It was meant to be a change to NW type of signings, MH and his agents were suppose to have links that would get us a higher grade of player. The reality is all the signings under MH could have been purchased by NW. As a club we probably offer good wages and that's the carrot.
    Green and Cesar were in a way rushed signings.
    Mbia seems to have been on our radar when we tried to find a club for Joey.
    AJ and Nelsen - Not difficult acquisitions.
    Diakite - Didn't appear a stampede for his signature
    Hoilett - on the bench, so can't be seen as that pivotal a signing by MH
    BZ - journeyman, if it wasn't us he could easily have gone to the likes of Norwich, Stoke, WH etc
    Granero - no one had heard of him outside RM
    Bosingwa - probably already had a house in west London and convenient to stay in this part of the world on a good wage.
    And then we have Park, loyal by all accounts, being man utd probably a factor for why he wouldn't go to another big club, also would he be targetted by any of the big 5. Good contract with us, gets regular football in the prem and then will have a farewell at an Asian or Arabic club.

None of the signings IMHO really seem part of a MH master plan or really would need must persuasion by MH or his agent. Regardless of those two, AB and Tony on their own IMHO would sell our club better than the former. The club must have paid a fortune for MH and his agent to include their links and know how but the reality is NW could have got the majority of those players at the club and that is of concern.
    Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 04-10-2012, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
      Yes, that's my gut feeling too. Step one: bring in your own players. Step two: get them playing well together. I guess that Step One never really ends but we can now say that this is Hughes' team. Time to get them playing well together.
      Seven games in and we need to produce now.
      Stand and Deliver!

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Flash View Post
        Seven games in and we need to produce now.
        OK, so the obvious has been stated.
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Ok Fraggy Rock.
          Stand and Deliver!

Comment

Although ive voted to give him a few more games to sort things out i still think he is not the man for our club and should be shown the door at the earliest oppotunity.......

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Flash View Post
              Ok Fraggy Rock.

V.Funny Sandy, not heard that one before, nor froggy.
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

well

well the poll dosnt lie
                but I think our team may die
                unless we get a manager who gets them to try
                soon our dreams could be a pie in the sky

I CAN ONLY HOPE FOR A MIRACLE OR HARRY REDKNAPP
                Click here to view my blog.

More...