Should Ian Holloway Be Sacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gator View Post
    I watch the games very closely and see the limitations we have, believe me it's not just with the manager!
    Been saying that all season ! I fully understand posters disappointment with the results , but I really think it's time to bite our lip untill the end of the season , and hope T F takes a good look at the direction the club's going , we are losing fans and have been for the past three years and he and the board need to pay heed that some of them will leave for ever , especial younger fans who will look on us as the footballing joke of West London ,the need for a tough shake up from the top downwards imperative and this can't be done over night by changing just the manager , ideally he should take back seat and try to hand over control to Amit and the Mittals , or some other people who see football as a serious business
    Last edited by dogsrrs; 26-02-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      In fairness gats Ramsey part two on temporary basis cannot he any worse then then the current car crash of ollie part 2

However if I was Ramsey given how I was treated by fans at Brentford if asked to cover on temp basis I would say no chance
      Westy mate I think your not thinking forward on that , just a patch up stop gap its got to get done right this time or we are going to to be where we are for a very long time

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        Westy mate I think your not thinking forward on that , just a patch up stop gap its got to get done right this time or we are going to to be where we are for a very long time
        Totally thought about it Dogs him until end of season would be better then crackpot, anyone would be better then him!!! doing fan vote on formation and line up pre game from Pub would select better side. I have no faith in Holloway he is f ucking awful and a k ant of a man too. I no longer have any respect for him

Comment

I can't argue against that, numbers are what they are, we are still in The Championship and should stay there after a huge clear out of players with not much brought in, that is a success in my books, Forest had brought in 8 new players in January apparently,
          we're playing kids from the youth system!

Kids from the youth system?

one or two get a game every now and then. It's hardly relying on or bringing on the players.

Comment

• Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
            Never say 'we will stay up' more like 'we should stay up'. We are no better off than last season just their are more worse teams.
            This.

if QPR get to April and still 9 points or so clear only then can we start to think of being safe, but I expect the points cushion will be below 5. So it's no complacency from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              Have we been relegated? have we been in the bottom 3 all season? have we played rubbish all the time? are we not intergrating our youngsters into the side? have we spent loads on new players? at the end of the day with spending no money hardly on signings we`re not going to tear the league up overnight from being a struggling outfit are we? it all takes patience and time and alot of you havnt got that and want it all now instant! good luck on that one with no funds.
              Preston nor Brentford have spent loads of money either, yet they are streets ahead of QPR.

Alex Neil, (who QPR could have appointed had they sacked IH at the end of last season) has got Preston near the play offs without spending vasts sums of money, but through coachng. organising and motivating his squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                honest answer in my view yes we have played awful for 90% of the season and no we’re not intergrating the kids, we started for about three games then he went back to smith and Washington and stuck kids on bench
                Ignore these facts too, along with the 38 defeats from 65 games or whatever his sh-ite record is.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                  Pinkie. Everyone gets that we have no money and have not bought any players. But if a manager is not getting the best out of his squad due to constantly setting the team up wrong and then having to change it multiple times during games week in week out then it's his fault and his fault alone. He should be learning from the way we play when things have been changed. How many times have we played c rap in the first half and been losing only for him to change it either at half time or just after to try and get us back into games. We play much better and then he reverts back to how it was when we did cra p in the following game. It's like he can't distinguish the changes he's made and can't work out whether we played good or bad before or after. Crazy decisions to have players way out of position, alienating players when they've done well. Keeping playing players that aren't doing the business. It's all one big mess. And i really can't think it would be a good place to work for the players. This isn't about money at all. It's about IH making the right decisions that get the best out of the team and everyone in his own set up. He currently makes the same mistakes all the time. And also it not about looking at the table and saying, oh we're relatively safe so everythings ok. It's about looking for improvement and how much better we could be if we were to set up correctly to the teams strength not how IH prefers us to play when it's wrong.
                  You have put it better into words than I did in a response I sent out last week and in other weeks, but it is nail on the head.

He cannot work out or learn from his own mistakes, yet expects the players to do so. That is poor management full stop.

Comment

Matty, I am not winding anyone up, well not purposely, I am not in favour of sacking at this point without a decent replacement, I don't want Ramsey part 2! Let's see how the rest of the season plays out and where we are going to be with FFP, I'm sure there is lots we don't know about the owner's plans moving forward!
                    That's it exactly. It's a bigger picture thing for the owners and that would mean Ollie is safe, and also means Ollie shouldn't be sacked. We'd only be risking another knee jerk appointment, and ANOTHER manager we want out within a season. Unless we switch to the Watford just keep sacking and hiring till something sticks model, we have to sit tight.

I don't think Ollie should stay but the alternative at this point in the clubs general situation, is likely to be another poor appointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                      That's it exactly. It's a bigger picture thing for the owners and that would mean Ollie is safe, and also means Ollie shouldn't be sacked. We'd only be risking another knee jerk appointment, and ANOTHER manager we want out within a season. Unless we switch to the Watford just keep sacking and hiring till something sticks model, we have to sit tight.

I don't think Ollie should stay but the alternative at this point in the clubs general situation, is likely to be another poor appointment.
                      Totally get logic of that but with Ollie we know we have a poor manager and we actually have a tough run in. That 9 point gap could disappear quickly if teams below us start to get their act together. Risk is with keeping him we know we will be poor and will be relying on picking up odd wins. If we get someone else in, even on caretaker basis, we may be carp but probably no worse that with the great man and possibly better off.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        Preston nor Brentford have spent loads of money either, yet they are streets ahead of QPR.

Alex Neil, (who QPR could have appointed had they sacked IH at the end of last season) has got Preston near the play offs without spending vasts sums of money, but through coachng. organising and motivating his squad.
                        This is nail on the head ! I have wanted Olly out all season and was very disappointed with his appointment but I started to believe that 'what if' scenario, which in some ways can be true, as the grass isn't always greener. The example above though does show that it isn't all about the money, it can be done and countless teams are doing it. Yes there is the switch side to that too with many teams in a worse position than our own but we don't have to accept mediocrity and hide behind FFP all the time, there are ways of forging decent teams together on a shoe string, the key to it is play a system that suits, not one which continually fails us apart from a very few occasions. Really wished Olly had not returned as I wanted to remember the good times, he managed us to the first time, sadly that will no longer be the case for me.
                        Gerry did the same when he returned, however he had enough legendary status at the club as a player to override it then sadly, Olly hasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                          Totally get logic of that but with Ollie we know we have a poor manager and we actually have a tough run in. That 9 point gap could disappear quickly if teams below us start to get their act together. Risk is with keeping him we know we will be poor and will be relying on picking up odd wins. If we get someone else in, even on caretaker basis, we may be carp but probably no worse that with the great man and possibly better off.
                          Till the end of the season, sure. However this cloud of financial pressure isn't going away in May. It's going to take longer. We all have the impression that TF is in this for the houses, and maybe the stadium. There's not going to be another cash injection.

Do we need it? No, i'm sure there are plenty of managers out there that could do the job here without money. Many would jump at the opportunity. But i cannot for the life of me see this board getting him in. If Ollie went, the replacement would not be the right one. They have done very little right since 2011, sure some of it maybe bad luck and trust in the wrong people. Ollie isn't great, he's a bellend sometimes, but he's our bellend for now, and we need to find ways of getting into his stubborn head that wingbacks don't work, rather than just saying sack him.

Comment

• Hes doing exactly what 'most' people voted that he would do and better than quite a few voted for.
                            Aint the end of the world to wait till season end.
                            Think we can give him that for his fondness of the club we all support.
                            Would anyone swap with sinderlamd Birmingham or Hull, all bigger clubs than us and Brum have taken to throwing bottles at their manager.

Comment

• https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...mpression=true Does any of the last paragraph make any sense geezer talks out his brown eye

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                                Till the end of the season, sure. However this cloud of financial pressure isn't going away in May. It's going to take longer. We all have the impression that TF is in this for the houses, and maybe the stadium. There's not going to be another cash injection.

Do we need it? No, i'm sure there are plenty of managers out there that could do the job here without money. Many would jump at the opportunity. But i cannot for the life of me see this board getting him in. If Ollie went, the replacement would not be the right one. They have done very little right since 2011, sure some of it maybe bad luck and trust in the wrong people. Ollie isn't great, he's a bellend sometimes, but he's our bellend for now, and we need to find ways of getting into his stubborn head that wingbacks don't work, rather than just saying sack him.
                                He won't change it though. Even Clint Hill weighing in and saying we don't have players for system he keeps trying to play. If he wasn't so pig headed you could maybe get someone like Steve McLaren or Gerry in for say 6 months but I doubt he would take much notice and also doubt they would be happy working under him. Ollie is an old hand and set in his ways. Sadly his ways aren't much good.

Comment

Working...
                                X