Should Ian Holloway Be Sacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    What will it take for the owners to realise every single appointment he has made has been an absolute failure?

As long as he continues to hire managers we will be in the same situation. As we all know any decent manager worth his salt will not come to this football club with him as their direct boss.
    they either have not got a clue or they could not give a fark anymore.

all about those flats and office blocks now.

its time bungle and co to just sell up and fark off.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
      I will play devils advocate, I am not trolling, many including myself figured any manager will do well too keep this lot in The Championship given the circumstances and we might be on course for that, yesterday was really bad obviously but whatever formation and tactics were used we had very good chances to be up 2 until we switched off on a FK in their end and the midfield didn't track back, can you blame Olly for that? I suppose you can say he should select players who won't switch off but what are the optional choices in this squad, very limited as far as I'm concerned! Defending was so poor on goals 2 and 3, giving way too much space, Ned takes a lot of the blame, who do you play instead of him? As for the 4th and 5th goal we were obviously taking huge chances but it was worth a go, we were controlling lots of the play and on another day may have nicked a couple with any finishing, the chances were there, once again that comes down to poor strikers! Everyone was calling for CW to be dropped for Smyth, that happened, Smyth is a great young prospect but did not turn us in to a play off contender, Eze similar, great exciting young player but still raw! Was it JFH who used to bring on defenders when we were chasing a game, I would rather take a chance by throwing forwards on even though you are vulnerable at the back! Lastly I will say I would not agree with sacking Ollie just because the majority on this board don't like him unless there is a proper replacement lined up, something which is not going to be easy given the DOF and owner's track record!
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I will play devils advocate, I am not trolling, many including myself figured any manager will do well too keep this lot in The Championship given the circumstances and we might be on course for that, yesterday was really bad obviously but whatever formation and tactics were used we had very good chances to be up 2 until we switched off on a FK in their end and the midfield didn't track back, can you blame Olly for that? I suppose you can say he should select players who won't switch off but what are the optional choices in this squad, very limited as far as I'm concerned! Defending was so poor on goals 2 and 3, giving way too much space, Ned takes a lot of the blame, who do you play instead of him? As for the 4th and 5th goal we were obviously taking huge chances but it was worth a go, we were controlling lots of the play and on another day may have nicked a couple with any finishing, the chances were there, once again that comes down to poor strikers! Everyone was calling for CW to be dropped for Smyth, that happened, Smyth is a great young prospect but did not turn us in to a play off contender, Eze similar, great exciting young player but still raw! Was it JFH who used to bring on defenders when we were chasing a game, I would rather take a chance by throwing forwards on even though you are vulnerable at the back! Lastly I will say I would not agree with sacking Ollie just because the majority on this board don't like him unless there is a proper replacement lined up, something which is not going to be easy given the DOF and owner's track record!
        Great post gator & exactly how i feel, we gave them far too much space yesterday & our defence had hardly any cover from our midfield, fully expect our next game for the players to be in the oppositions faces like they should of been saturday.
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            they either have not got a clue or they could not give a fark anymore.

all about those flats and office blocks now.

its time bungle and co to just sell up and fark off.
            Again. Ferdinand had nothing to do with hiring Holloway. He should get no blame in this

Comment

any manager will do well too keep this lot in The Championship
              I would fundamentally disagree with that statement Gator. Any half decent champs manager would have this squad comfortably in the top half of the table, and that's being conservative IMO. Given the players Ollie has had at his disposal, he has massively under-delivered. This is the main cause of fans' dissatisfaction, again IMO. Unbelievably frustrating too, given that just a few simple yet vital tweaks to formation would have done it.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                Again. Ferdinand had nothing to do with hiring Holloway. He should get no blame in this
                Maybe not but his previous manager appointments all ended in tears, there's a trend here!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Maybe not but his previous manager appointments all ended in tears, there's a trend here!
                  But they aren't the issue here. Holloway is.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                    but its his job to fire him.... he is failing to do even that.

Comment

Wouldn't it be his job to make that reccomendation to the chairman and for the chairman to approve?
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

How do we know he hasn't tried but been blocked by TF. TF has said many times that he is behind IH and thinks he is doing a great job.

Comment

Ollie's army fighting back. Now 4 votes for him to stay. Still no Pinkie though.

Comment

He must go but at the end of the season. Any new boss coming now would be ripped to bits by our ever hungry fans. We all keep saying the squad should be doing better and its Ollies bad tactical nous that is the problem. If a new boss comes in and we continue with the same results and performances would mean they were doomed before next season starts. Of course the reverse would happen if things did improve, is it worth the risk?
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Jeff. Would make sense and sum up Fernandes's reign if he did block him being shown the door.

Comment

I'm more interested to read legitimate arguments for not sacking him!
                                Quite right gator.

Do let us know if you find one.

Comment

Working...
                                X