Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Fantastic trolling Pinks. Love it mate. Lifted the mood today I must say
    Help me out here, before I get started, want to point out again, that I am not pro Ollie, never have been. But I respect peoples views regardless of whether they are inline with mine or not.
    I have read a few different people refer to Pinkies posts as trolling, but I believe he does believe in what he is posting. I don't think for one second he is posting to p iss people off, but to just put his point of view across.
    I know I will receive a bit of flak for this, but I'm big enough to take it; so could someone please explain to this old fooker here what is trolling? I thought I knew, but when someones actual views are constantly shotdown as trolling, I'm starting to double guess myself
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Used to think it might be good for a manager to have a full season with us - I think the mid season chop and change has damaged us in recent years. If we got someone in now it would help the bedding in process for the start of next season early. My only worry is if we'd fall into even further disarray sacking him now, it might destabilise things even more. On the other hand we could be falling into another slump like the end of last season. If we've got a good replacement lined up (Maybe someone like Clement, but what I've heard of his negative football makes me fear another JFH situation) and the club moved quickly on appointing him, I'd want Ollie gone now. So I vote for gone now, but assuming we'll get someone (hopefully) long term in as quickly as possible.

Comment

All very well sticking up for Ollie if, the argument is getting best out of what weve got and dont blame him on lack of signings as we have no money, fair enough, not his fault.

Problem is, that aside, HE'S the one playing players out of position, HE'S the one continuously picking formations that dont work..... Thats where I cant see an argument for him.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseburgers View Post
          Used to think it might be good for a manager to have a full season with us - I think the mid season chop and change has damaged us in recent years. If we got someone in now it would help the bedding in process for the start of next season early. My only worry is if we'd fall into even further disarray sacking him now, it might destabilise things even more. On the other hand we could be falling into another slump like the end of last season. If we've got a good replacement lined up (Maybe someone like Clement, but what I've heard of his negative football makes me fear another JFH situation) and the club moved quickly on appointing him, I'd want Ollie gone now. So I vote for gone now, but assuming we'll get someone (hopefully) long term in as quickly as possible.
          I personally would love Warburton put in charge with Clint as coach.

Only one little problem with that though.....
          The dof.

We will never have a decent manager with the grinning les hovering about the place.
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            All very well sticking up for Ollie if, the argument is getting best out of what weve got and dont blame him on lack of signings as we have no money, fair enough, not his fault.

Problem is, that aside, HE'S the one playing players out of position, HE'S the one continuously picking formations that dont work..... Thats where I cant see an argument for him.
            This is why he has to go now. Leaving him to do more of the same week in week out will only make things worse. The players will completely give up and we will be down to crowds of 9000. I can't believe fans haven't seen enough already and are willingly ready to watch another 14 games (at least) of this sh1te.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              We will never have a decent manager with the grinning les hovering about the place.
              What will it take for the owners to realise every single appointment he has made has been an absolute failure?

As long as he continues to hire managers we will be in the same situation. As we all know any decent manager worth his salt will not come to this football club with him as their direct boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                What will it take for the owners to realise every single appointment he has made has been an absolute failure?

As long as he continues to hire managers we will be in the same situation. As we all know any decent manager worth his salt will not come to this football club with him as their direct boss.
                The DOF did NOT employ Holloway

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                  Help me out here, before I get started, want to point out again, that I am not pro Ollie, never have been. But I respect peoples views regardless of whether they are inline with mine or not.
                  I have read a few different people refer to Pinkies posts as trolling, but I believe he does believe in what he is posting. I don't think for one second he is posting to p iss people off, but to just put his point of view across.
                  I know I will receive a bit of flak for this, but I'm big enough to take it; so could someone please explain to this old fooker here what is trolling? I thought I knew, but when someones actual views are constantly shotdown as trolling, I'm starting to double guess myself
                  Agree! I thought the point of message boards was to share ideas and opinions, if you are labelled a troll for having a different one that is unfortunate and at the end of the day will turn the board in to one big echo chamber which is quite boring to me! Re: the poll, of course almost everyone wants Ollie sacked after yesterday's debacle, I'm more interested to read legitimate arguments for not sacking him!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                    True. It was the media chap.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                      True. It was the media chap.
                      Probably just because it would make his job more interesting than it was under JFH lol

Comment

Whoever was responsible should be gone with Holloway and Bircham to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                          Oh sorry I forgot it was Ian Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                            Re: the poll, of course almost everyone wants Ollie sacked after yesterday's debacle
                            Had it been a few games in isolation then I would agree with you Gator and put it down to bad days at the office. Yesterday however I would put more down to the straw that broke the camel's back from 1.5 seasons of erratic and nonsensical (mis)management, and would say the 94% of voters now wanting him gone by the summer is reflective of that.

Comment

Stanley. Yesterday was the game that made me want him gone before the Villa and Derby games.

Comment

I will play devils advocate, I am not trolling, many including myself figured any manager will do well too keep this lot in The Championship given the circumstances and we might be on course for that, yesterday was really bad obviously but whatever formation and tactics were used we had very good chances to be up 2 until we switched off on a FK in their end and the midfield didn't track back, can you blame Olly for that? I suppose you can say he should select players who won't switch off but what are the optional choices in this squad, very limited as far as I'm concerned! Defending was so poor on goals 2 and 3, giving way too much space, Ned takes a lot of the blame, who do you play instead of him? As for the 4th and 5th goal we were obviously taking huge chances but it was worth a go, we were controlling lots of the play and on another day may have nicked a couple with any finishing, the chances were there, once again that comes down to poor strikers! Everyone was calling for CW to be dropped for Smyth, that happened, Smyth is a great young prospect but did not turn us in to a play off contender, Eze similar, great exciting young player but still raw! Was it JFH who used to bring on defenders when we were chasing a game, I would rather take a chance by throwing forwards on even though you are vulnerable at the back! Lastly I will say I would not agree with sacking Ollie just because the majority on this board don't like him unless there is a proper replacement lined up, something which is not going to be easy given the DOF and owner's track record!
                                @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                                X