No announcement yet.

Should Ian Holloway Be Sacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would hope for better but if I had the choice I would take Ramsay over Holloway. As for 2 seasons that is debatable as the board bought no one in the January Redknapp went which ultimately took us down. By no means am I saying I rate him it is just I want Holloway gone as yesterday was as bad as I can remenber and I go back to 1979.

Comment

• Just read Sean Goss had another blinder north of the border.

More fantastic man management by the stupid one..

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        I chose sack at end of season, but to be honest, I want him sacked now. Really it's embarrassing having him in charge of our team. I'm going to the Fulham game in a few weeks and I'd like to look forward to us putting up a fight, to competing and who knows, even nicking it. But with this clueless chump in charge, I'm expecting us to get mullered. I've been sanguine for most of the season, but the Bristol game where we got beaten by a 10 man team, followed by yesterday's farce has done it for me. I've always said Holloway is a very limited manager with practically zero tactical nous, but I've allowed that to be tempered by an okay league position with a limited team on a limited budget. But when our team becomes a laughing stock then it's a different matter. How can we build long term when this idiot is in charge? I am very much for stability, but really this is instability, because we are not seeing players played in their best positions, we're not seeing meaningful progress and we're notr seeing players improve - quite the opposite. There are, dare I say it, some bright sparks amidst the gloom - like Smyth and Eze for example - but with the Bristolian gnome in charge they have little to aspire to.

It's a shame, because for a while I thought - despite my dislike of Holloway's idiotic self-promotion and huge ego - that he had instilled proper team spirit and fight among our players. But all that seems to have evaporated in the face of Holloway's inability to a) be consistent b) understand basic tactics and c) his ludicrous stubbornness in sticking to formations and players that just don't work. First it was Mackie, then it was Washington and all season long it's been 3 at the back without proper wing-backs. It's become an increasingly frustrating season and the thing is, it's all so unnecessary. So yeah, I'd like him to go now. ASAP. Sayonara, out the door, boom, goodbye.
        Great post.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Not suprised Jimmy as cannot drop Freeman or Scowen no matter how they play. Look at our manager and assistant, Not exactly ball playing midfielders were they?

Comment

• 5 votes to keep him now. Defies belief really.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
              5 votes to keep him now. Defies belief really.
              Yep. How can there be that many?

Comment

• Zero point sacking him without some form of plan, which is two fold...
                1. An end to FFP fines hanging over the club.
                2. A plan as to who would replace him and why he would be better.
                Ollie is a holding pattern while the above, and probably the plans for stadium/training ground/OOC are laid. May take years longer, doesn't mean Ollie will be here for years, but means we cannot show the financial ambition required to fire him, pay out staff, and hire new ones.

I like Ollie, as a person, he's not my pick for the job, and i'd like someone else in, now. But whats best for the club is he stays. It's best becasue of the big picture and whos in charge. Do i want someone else in charge? Yeah, i'd like someone else in charge, but it ain't happening till some houses get approval.

Comment

• Zero point sacking him without some form of plan, which is two fold...
                  Ollie is a holding pattern while the above, and probably the plans for stadium/training ground/OOC are laid. May take years longer, doesn't mean Ollie will be here for years, but means we cannot show the financial ambition required to fire him, pay out staff, and hire new ones.

I like Ollie, as a person, he's not my pick for the job, and i'd like someone else in, now. But whats best for the club is he stays. It's best becasue of the big picture and whos in charge. Do i want someone else in charge? Yeah, i'd like someone else in charge, but it ain't happening till some houses get approval.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                    Zero point sacking him without some form of plan, which is two fold...

Absolute rubbish. If the club can pay off players in January to leave they can pay off a manager to leave too. IH's contract will not break the club. It's more important to get the right man in charge than keep with the wrong one. No club in the land keeps a manager in charge for doing a bad job. Why should we. And every club that sacks a manager puts a plan in place to get a new one.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                      Absolute rubbish. If the club can pay off players in January to leave they can pay off a manager to leave too. IH's contract will not break the club. It's more important to get the right man in charge than keep with the wrong one. No club in the land keeps a manager in charge for doing a bad job. Why should we. And every club that sacks a manager puts a plan in place to get a new one.
                      This is my biggest concern, it's easy to say Ollie is not the right man, who is that would even consider coming here? Personally if Clement was interested I would like to give him a try, doubt he is though!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        I chose sack at end of season, but to be honest, I want him sacked now. Really it's embarrassing having him in charge of our team. I'm going to the Fulham game in a few weeks and I'd like to look forward to us putting up a fight, to competing and who knows, even nicking it. But with this clueless chump in charge, I'm expecting us to get mullered. I've been sanguine for most of the season, but the Bristol game where we got beaten by a 10 man team, followed by yesterday's farce has done it for me. I've always said Holloway is a very limited manager with practically zero tactical nous, but I've allowed that to be tempered by an okay league position with a limited team on a limited budget. But when our team becomes a laughing stock then it's a different matter. How can we build long term when this idiot is in charge? I am very much for stability, but really this is instability, because we are not seeing players played in their best positions, we're not seeing meaningful progress and we're notr seeing players improve - quite the opposite. There are, dare I say it, some bright sparks amidst the gloom - like Smyth and Eze for example - but with the Bristolian gnome in charge they have little to aspire to.

It's a shame, because for a while I thought - despite my dislike of Holloway's idiotic self-promotion and huge ego - that he had instilled proper team spirit and fight among our players. But all that seems to have evaporated in the face of Holloway's inability to a) be consistent b) understand basic tactics and c) his ludicrous stubbornness in sticking to formations and players that just don't work. First it was Mackie, then it was Washington and all season long it's been 3 at the back without proper wing-backs. It's become an increasingly frustrating season and the thing is, it's all so unnecessary. So yeah, I'd like him to go now. ASAP. Sayonara, out the door, boom, goodbye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post

@gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            Just read Sean Goss had another blinder north of the border.

More fantastic man management by the stupid one..
                            http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/314203-goss/

Couldn't get a sniff under Holloway. ####ing joker.

Comment

• There's always a song for every situation, especially the dire and desperate ones :-)

Comment

• He wants everyone to shift his piano. But leaves no one to play it

Comment

Working...
                                X