No announcement yet.

Should Ian Holloway Be Sacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91% of fans want him gone by the end of the season.

Has a poll ever been so one sided? Yet oh so quiet from the decision makers.

Comment

• If i thought we could get someone better now ,i would do . But sorry Ian , its just not working and you`re steadily losing the crowd ( and possibly the dressing room ) ,Got to go in the close season ,i`m afraid.
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Have said he should go but I just can't help thinking that any replacement won't do that much better than where we are now.

Think we have some decent individual players but a very average team.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          Not so sure we are safe. Look at run of games coming up and we know how Ollie likes a losing run! Should be able to scrape enough between now and end of season but certainly not taking it for granted.
          agree Furtive, as i have posted similar on other threads, including my own March Fixtures.

Unless he gets some lucky results i.e. Sheff Utd and Brentford at home, QPR can really be down in the relegation mix by the end of next month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Have said he should go but I just can't help thinking that any replacement won't do that much better than where we are now.

Think we have some decent individual players but a very average team.
            It may be a very average team, but we won't really know that, because the muppet in charge has had them at a disadvantage all season by playing a system that doesn't suit them at all. We all saw how they struggled with it in pre season against some very bang average or even poor sides.

Who's to say that a better coach and more astute manager would not have had them in the top 10 all season.

Are you really saying that Sheffield Utd, Preston, Bristol City & Brentford all have better players, or are they better coached and managed?

Comment

• Lads I’m not concerned about this season. It’s done.

Getting someone in now gives them the time to assess what they have to work with and instil some type of a plan before they all pop off on their jolly’s.

Start next season properly prepared.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                It may be a very average team, but we won't really know that, because the muppet in charge has had them at a disadvantage all season by playing a system that doesn't suit them at all. We all saw how they struggled with it in pre season against some very bang average or even poor sides.

Who's to say that a better coach and more astute manager would not have had them in the top 10 all season.

Are you really saying that Sheffield Utd, Preston, Bristol City & Brentford all have better players, or are they better coached and managed?
                It's a valid and arguably correct point.

Given the last 5 years, do you have any faith whatsoever that that someone else would be any good? Such a poor record of hiring.

There's no money, who are we going to attract. Huge risk. Whats bigger though? Ollie staying or going?

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
                  I'd like to know how many of the 8 attend games?
                  I voted no. I regularly put in as a point i don't attend games, 1 a season if i'm lucky. I live abroad but try to watch as many as i can online.

I would readily accept a fan paying money week in and out has more to complain about than i ever would. Doesn't necessarily mean I care less though, I've supported QPR for 25 years.

Again the reason i voted no is pragmatic. We aren;t in a position to do anything with a new manager and i don't trust the board to appoint someone with the smarts to do any better than Ollie given the current climate. Ollie is a holding pattern. Get the books in order, FFP out the way and see what happens with these houses in TF and Hoos go at the moment, has to be.

All things considered, over the course of his tenure, and individual games, decisions and comments aside, the big picture here is that we are lower mid table, safe and spending within our means. It looks as though we have some decent youth coming through. So while i'm no fan of the football being served up, or happy with mediocrity, it's where we're at for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    Individually probably not but collectively as a team yes. I bet they all talk to each other more during the game too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      91% of fans want him gone by the end of the season.

Has a poll ever been so one sided? Yet oh so quiet from the decision makers.
                      What is the 90% Jim posters on here or fans attending ? I don't hear calls for his head now , every one I talk to are of the opinion in June , people I talk to at matches just don't see him as the only problem and think there are bigger problems above him , maybe they are just humouring me as the way I see it won't help matters just sacking him unless there are other changes higher up the ladder

Comment

• He has to go be it now or in the summer and dogs you are right the biggest problem at the club is the same person that has been for 6.5 years Fernandes as this should not even be a discussion as the man should had been brought back in the first place.

Comment

• I don't think throughout my supporting Rangers life, that I have ever turned my feelings so 360 about someone I loved first time around. He was a fresh young manager back then who was mostly funny in his after match interviews and after the Vauxhall Motors debacle turned the club around over the next 24 months. Sadly now I just try and avoid his interviews as i started to cringe listening to him, especially in that silly hat. I really wish it would work out for him but i think a lot of us knew it was going to go this way, when he was appointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                            I don't think throughout my supporting Rangers life, that I have ever turned my feelings so 360 about someone I loved first time around. He was a fresh young manager back then who was mostly funny in his after match interviews and after the Vauxhall Motors debacle turned the club around over the next 24 months. Sadly now I just try and avoid his interviews as i started to cringe listening to him, especially in that silly hat. I really wish it would work out for him but i think a lot of us knew it was going to go this way, when he was appointed.
                            Same.

It's not too late.

Simple formation and selections would change alot, and at least sway some opinions

Comment

• You don’t hear fans singing his name anymore either which is telling. Agree dogs he has got off pretty lightly given how bad he’s been. I will see if I can get a we want ollie our chant up on Saturday see what response is

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                What is the 90% Jim posters on here or fans attending ? I don't hear calls for his head now , every one I talk to are of the opinion in June , people I talk to at matches just don't see him as the only problem and think there are bigger problems above him , maybe they are just humouring me as the way I see it won't help matters just sacking him unless there are other changes higher up the ladder
                                On this poll dogs.

I believe if you asked the same question with the same answers at games, pubs or message boards you'd get pretty much the same figure. People are just fed up with him.

Yes I agree with above. Fernandes is 100% the problem. I've said many times. The day he walks away from QPR I'll be a happy man.

Comment

Working...
                                X