No announcement yet.

Should Ian Holloway Be Sacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ollie's cap would manage the team better than Ollie. As would a pillar of air wearing said cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      See no reason to wait. Would rather have Jude as caretaker until end if season if club would rather wait until summer for a permanent replacement. The guy is a tool, completely clueless and seems to have lost it. Longer we keep him the more harm will be done.
      This, if they wait until the end of March, QPR could really be in the mire

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        I'll be honest, I would love to see him sacked today as he is completely out of his depth.

Erratic team selections.

Sticking with a ridiculous formation that does not suit our players.

Making very odd decisions during games that shows he's lost and just trying anything daft to change it.

Digging fans out and constant stupid statements after games.

Awful record since returning.

Was a complete flop in his last two jobs, on the tv yet we employed him.

Going absolutely nowhere under his guidance

A number 2 that seemingly also doesn't have a scooby.

Fans have turned, even the die hard IH fans seem to have had enough now.

If this poll is anything to go by almost 70% of the fan base want him gone.

A new man will not be expected to do anything this season but it will be a start with regards to a fresh approach for next season. Give the new guy the last amount of games to properly asses what he has at his disposal.
        Agree with all your points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          Ollie's cap would manage the team better than Ollie. As would a pillar of air wearing said cap.
          Equally, actons curly turd with hat in the dugout would do a respectable job
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Pinkie. Everyone gets that we have no money and have not bought any players. But if a manager is not getting the best out of his squad due to constantly setting the team up wrong and then having to change it multiple times during games week in week out then it's his fault and his fault alone. He should be learning from the way we play when things have been changed. How many times have we played c rap in the first half and been losing only for him to change it either at half time or just after to try and get us back into games. We play much better and then he reverts back to how it was when we did cra p in the following game. It's like he can't distinguish the changes he's made and can't work out whether we played good or bad before or after. Crazy decisions to have players way out of position, alienating players when they've done well. Keeping playing players that aren't doing the business. It's all one big mess. And i really can't think it would be a good place to work for the players. This isn't about money at all. It's about IH making the right decisions that get the best out of the team and everyone in his own set up. He currently makes the same mistakes all the time. And also it not about looking at the table and saying, oh we're relatively safe so everythings ok. It's about looking for improvement and how much better we could be if we were to set up correctly to the teams strength not how IH prefers us to play when it's wrong.
            Last edited by qprjeff1882; 26-02-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              To be fair the club was ####ed the day we never replaced Redknapp with a proven manager while still trying to stay in the premier league.
              I have said the same for a few years now. They threw in the towel when thet appointed Ramsey as a caretaker until the end of the season rather than look around and appoint someone more experienced.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheeseburgers View Post
                Used to think it might be good for a manager to have a full season with us - I think the mid season chop and change has damaged us in recent years. If we got someone in now it would help the bedding in process for the start of next season early. My only worry is if we'd fall into even further disarray sacking him now, it might destabilise things even more. On the other hand we could be falling into another slump like the end of last season. If we've got a good replacement lined up (Maybe someone like Clement, but what I've heard of his negative football makes me fear another JFH situation) and the club moved quickly on appointing him, I'd want Ollie gone now. So I vote for gone now, but assuming we'll get someone (hopefully) long term in as quickly as possible.
                I think we are heading for another slump as long as he remains in charge. 2 losses now and next month's fixtures are not looking too promising with games away to Villa, Fulham, Hull & Reading and home to Derby and Sunderland. This can easily lead to another 6 game losing run or a run of 1 win from 8 games.

Unless he changes tactics i.e. dump his 3-5-2 rubbish, or gets lucky somewhere, QPR will end next month in the bottom 6 and the 10 point lead he had down to 4 or less.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  Its not about one game. Its about his overall record this time round. Those stats tell the story.

What the stats don't tell you is how his behaviour is loosing him any respect he might have had. The players wont put out for a crazy old guy. They're not that stupid.

The buck however stops with TF. He is solely responsible for where we are now.
                  This is true,

Yes, the players didn't perform well on Saturday, but surely that tells us all that they just cannot play for 'Ollie' anymore.
                  They must know that the 3-5-2 d oesn't suit them if for no other reason aother than he often changes it after they go 2 down. It must be almost as frustrating for them as it is us that he plays this way.

A new manager (or caretaker), might just lift them (as it often does at other clubs) and even if it was only for 5 games or so, that could well be enough to put QPR safe.

If on;y is kept on until the season ends, you can almost bet your mortgage on him being kept on into next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    gator, HertsHoops, The Optimist, topperharley AND WeAreQPR12 - you boys are on the wind up, surely? Don't even want him gone in the summer, think he is the man to lead us into next season?
                    Matty, I am not winding anyone up, well not purposely, I am not in favour of sacking at this point without a decent replacement, I don't want Ramsey part 2! Let's see how the rest of the season plays out and where we are going to be with FFP, I'm sure there is lots we don't know about the owner's plans moving forward!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      at the end of the day with spending no money hardly on signings we`re not going to tear the league up overnight from being a struggling outfit are we?
                      Problem with that reasoning is that there are loads of managers who have turned around clubs with a far poorer player base than we have. Not least at QPR: when Alec Stock arrived we were pushing up the daisies in the old Div 3. He transformed the club. Look at Graham Potter. Bottom of the pile in Sweden, no one gave a fvck, empty stadium, nothing doing and look at them taking it to arsenal the other night. I could come up with other examples.

We may not get a miracle worker. But we can do better than this.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        So ignoring yesterday you think 2 away wins in 17 and over around a year is Ollie doing a good job?

Awful manager. Wolves and Sheff Utd usual go a couple of goals down, change things around and try and get something. In other words doesn't set his teams up properly. Happens way too often and so predictable.
                        Let's ignore this bleeding obvious fact shall we and just blame it on the players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Only possible explanation is that they don't watch the games mate. Anyone who watches us play week in week out should be able to see that the basics ain't right!
                          I watch the games very closely and see the limitations we have, believe me it's not just with the manager!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
                            I watch the games very closely and see the limitations we have, believe me it's not just with the manager!
                            i agree there but he doesn't help the team out by playing them in a stupid formation and asking them to do stupid things. not to mention he also changes formation about 5 times a game until we end up with 4 up front and smithies at right wing.

we have a limited squad yes but we do have some good players in there thats for sure. ollie needs to play our best players and play to their strengths.
                            smith up front? play with wingers and get crosses in.
                            no width? play with a fullback and a winger.
                            keep conceding? stop playing 3 at the back.
                            conor being awful? drop him in favour of oteh, smyth or eze.

433, 442 or 4231 are all formations that would suit our players and team more than a poxxy 352 that changes 5 times a game until we score.

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
                              i agree there but he doesn't help the team out by playing them in a stupid formation and asking them to do stupid things. not to mention he also changes formation about 5 times a game until we end up with 4 up front and smithies at right wing.

we have a limited squad yes but we do have some good players in there thats for sure. ollie needs to play our best players and play to their strengths.
                              smith up front? play with wingers and get crosses in.
                              no width? play with a fullback and a winger.
                              keep conceding? stop playing 3 at the back.
                              conor being awful? drop him in favour of oteh, smyth or eze.

433, 442 or 4231 are all formations that would suit our players and team more than a poxxy 352 that changes 5 times a game until we score.
                              This 100%

Comment

• In fairness gats Ramsey part two on temporary basis cannot he any worse then then the current car crash of ollie part 2

However if I was Ramsey given how I was treated by fans at Brentford if asked to cover on temp basis I would say no chance

Comment

Working...
                                X