Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most liked QPR manager

Might as well have a poll for that too!

I've limited it to 9 plus 'other' in case I've missed your favourite out.
    Alec Stock
    3.57%
    Dave Sexton
    15.48%
    Terry Venables
    25.00%
    Gerry Francis
    10.71%
    Ian Holloway
    0.00%
    Gigi De Canio
    2.38%
    Neil 'Colin' Warnock
    33.33%
    Jim Smith
    0.00%
    Jim Magilton
    1.19%
    Other
    8.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Hubble; 22-02-2018, 03:12 PM.

It's quite hard to choose, isn't it!

Comment

Didn't go when Sexton was manager. Loved Terry, but really enjoyed Neil's time here. My favourite is Neil Venables.

Comment

El Tel for me. Venables signifies an era of greatness as I was coming of age.
        The season he took us up and to the FA Cup final feels like it was yesterday.
        Travelled the whole country that season, even Grimsby at seasons end (crazy golf anyone).
        Terrys All Gold the papers said, and they were not wrong.
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Jim Magilton??!! At least put Redknapp on there as he got us a promotion at Wembley (not that I would vote for him)

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
            Jim Magilton??!!

I made it a ten person poll and couldn't be arsed to change it when I realised I could only think of 8 I liked, plus the 'other option'... so I added JM!

Comment

Loved Sexton’s football and GERRY Francis too but Terry Venables was just great times, add our only FA Cup Final too.

Comment

Gordon Jago

Comment

Gordon Jago is a favourite of mine. Started the mindset and framework for '75/76 season

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                    El Tel for me. Venables signifies an era of greatness as I was coming of age.
                    The season he took us up and to the FA Cup final feels like it was yesterday.
                    Travelled the whole country that season, even Grimsby at seasons end (crazy golf anyone).
                    Terrys All Gold the papers said, and they were not wrong.
                    Tel for me too, halcyon days indeed.
                    One of my overriding memories was the 207 bus journey to Loftus rd from Hayes end on match days. As we reached Acton there was a huge advertising poster with the team in their Guiness shirts, plastered up on the side of a building, or maybe one of those railway bridges. Can’t fully remember.
                    I do remember we used to nick a dozen eggs before getting on the bus and have a bit of fun firing them at the locals as we went through Southall. Many a Turban ruined when the r’s were at home.
                    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                    Will Danaher

Comment

warnock for me but i'm young

Comment

Another interesting thread would be fave / least fave chairman......

Comment

Gordon Jago - set off the whole modern era of the club and laid the foundations for Sexton to go on with our best ever team. Can you ever see us finishing second in the league again? It's one of six maybe seven every year, with a Leicester once in a generation.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Gordon Jago
                            definitely deserves a mention, but for me Alec Stock (he started the show rolling)
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                              definitely deserves a mention, but for me Alec Stock (he started the show rolling)
                              Agree, but he was old fashioned and had had his day. Would never have taken us onwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X