Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah SAR are deffo the posh seats.

Comment

I have only really sat in Ellerslie Road. Season ticket holder in V block for a long time. Then prefered R block for noise and stuff when I was picking and choosing games.

Now thinking Y block makes a lot of sense. Standing all game and cheap, which is handy as I work some Saturdays,

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        True n all - as much as I love it and will defend it to the hilt to 'outsiders', it's proper pony when you look at it with a neutral head on

Short of leaving on 35 mins, its near on impossible to get any food or drink in Ellerslie and the leg room is ridiculous. Not to mention it takes a bl00dy age to get out of the PQR corner at fulltime. If it were another team's stadium we would hammer it.
        Hard to disagree with any of that Matty.

Comment

I always sat in SAR, first ever game sat in F block and held season ticket for many years in B block (where the old man and brother still sit), but a few years back I switched over to R block as I found SAR just too dead tbh - plus a few of me pals are over in R. As you say, pros & cons of both - if you want any level of relative 'comfort' SAR is certainly your best bet.
          I moved from X to R a few seasons back and I find it a great place for banter and atmosphere. I have been in SAR for our cup exits matches and found it quite miserable (although Cup games are different I appreciate)

Comment

True n all - as much as I love it and will defend it to the hilt to 'outsiders', it's proper pony when you look at it with a neutral head on

Short of leaving on 35 mins, its near on impossible to get any food or drink in Ellerslie and the leg room is ridiculous. Not to mention it takes a bl00dy age to get out of the PQR corner at fulltime. If it were another team's stadium we would hammer it.
            This. Regarding a beverage. Toilets aren't as bad as they used to be, mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              I try and have a Waz before kick off. If you join the hordes at HT you don't know if you'll end up in the loo or at the front of the queue for a burger!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                I try and have a Waz before kick off. If you join the hordes at HT you don't know if you'll end up in the loo or at the front of the queue for a burger!

Westfield for me before the game... Old habits die hard.

Comment

You're not wrong Matty. I love Loftus Road, always will, but we definitely need to get with the times and move to a more comfortable ground.
                  Always sat in R Block bar a brief stint in P when my daughter was a youngster. Love Ellerslie, regardless how #### it is to get a drink or leave at full time lol. 77 is right though, the toilets are much better.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    Do you call a view of a roof support blocking out half of the goal a good one?
                    I sat in a seat years ago watching QPR v Villa and didn't see the only goal of the game as my view was blocked...and my ticket was priced the same as non blocked views.
                    sorry i should of explained myself better what i meant was all the seats are close to the pitch , been to Roma and man utd and some other grounds u are so far from the pitch u can't make out who the players are , i know there are restricted views at HQ but i've always been able to move as there are so many empty's . sat in SAR last week no atmo at all , like the paddocks easy to use the toilet and to exit , downside long queue if u want any scoff

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                      My trouble is my son is now 18. Do I think it is worth another £180? On top of my ticket and fares it is approaching £100 each home game. Tempted to pick and choose as there were always loads of empty seats.
                      Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      Disagree.

The corner of SAF / Loft is p!ss poor

Can't even see the touchline in a lot of the seats. If you've got a kid with yoou, you've got no chance.
                      Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Agree with comments on seats not being best hence why we need new ground. Jimmys right you can’t see touchline from SAR, I don’t really fit in my seat in Ellersie and can’t use near on non existent facilities as there too busy

It’s only a great ground as it’s ours and your protective of what is yours, as saying goes one mans trash is another mans treasure

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      sorry i should of explained myself better what i meant was all the seats are close to the pitch , been to Roma and man utd and some other grounds u are so far from the pitch u can't make out who the players are , i know there are restricted views at HQ but i've always been able to move as there are so many empty's . sat in SAR last week no atmo at all , like the paddocks easy to use the toilet and to exit , downside long queue if u want any scoff
                      I agree that the seats are close to the pitch, but like others have said, QPR really do need to get a new ground, even if it is only a slightly bigger and more modern version of Loftus Road - i.e. 27,000 and no roof supports.

The Linford Christie stadium site would be ideal for this, or perhaps one on the OOC site if they can find one.

Comment

Almost 20 years ago: "Queens Park Rangers might not be flushed with sporting success, but according to a fans' survey, their toilets are tops."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/183840.stm

"Heading "The Ritz" table, the pristine privvies at Loftus Road are tiled in blue and white team colours - and even have soap, mirrors and working hand dryers"

Last edited by 1QPRDK; 09-02-2018, 09:08 PM.
                        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Good post. At 6' I struggle in most seats in the ground.
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Westfield for me before the game... Old habits die hard.
                            For the waz, or the burger?

Comment

get in a manager who plays decent football and ST sales will increase
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Anyone else having trouble assigning names? Doesn't seem to let me. Booking up Y block, about half way down. Hopefully still get a decent view when standing.

Comment

Working...
                                X