Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    I'm not so down on him as others but he is just not a finisher. Personally would drop him and give him a spell out of sight either on loan or in reserves. If we get an offer in January take it. To me looks more of a wide player who can drift in.

In terms of our overall striker options not any different, aside from signing Smith, to when Dollie took over and he was brought in to get us challenging for play offs and that is stated aim again this season. In fact he described our striking options as wonderful when he took over!

I believe we are weak up front but not so bad overall. Good goalie and midfield, poor but not disastrous defence and weak up front but Sylla not bad and Smith effective off bench so not without merit.

Washington an easy scapegoat but cannot be blamed for us not being further up the league.

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Start Sylla and Wheeler up top I say.
    This for Bristol game, definitely. Won't happen.....

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Have wanted Mr Goals to do well, but he's just not good enough. Sylla and Wheeler the two up; Smith as impact sub; and Mackie wearing the Jude the Cat suit.

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Wheeler and Sylla up top is the obvious pairing for me.

Conor and Smith, impact subs.

its amazing that we all saw this way back in september, 48 voted to drop him back then.

yet, Hollowhead to this day, still starts him up front.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Wheeler and Sylla up top is the obvious pairing for me.

Conor and Smith, impact subs.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    I agree young corbs, but id be more tempted to try to loan him out to try to get some goals under his belt, but that miss yesterday was very bad, he had plenty of time to place his shot and completely snatched at it, showing desperation to score, when he needed composure.

Leave a comment:

• corbray
    replied
    Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    Play him (CW) in the U23 for some games, maybe he scores some goals and gets his confidence back on track!
    this is actually a good shout. i don't see conor scoring goals anytime soon and yesterday was a prime example of how bad he is in front of goal.
    he doesn't deserve to play for a bit imo, wheeler and sylla for me

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    Play him (CW) in the U23 for some games, maybe he scores some goals and gets his confidence back on track!
    Nothing to do with confidence, blokes just a dud!

Leave a comment:

• Fernandes Out
    replied
    Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
    But we’re not exactly flush with choices!
    Yes we do have a choice,Stop playing the Gump twins and play Sylla every week.
    Someone put CW goal stats up the other day Something like 7 in nearly 80 yes 80 games,Anyone who knows anything about football knows he isn't any kind of striker,No more chances he is pure Gash,Sell to any bidder over 300k.

Leave a comment:

• Gtleighsr3
    replied
    Connor couldn't impact the ground if he fell off a tall building

Leave a comment:

• Martinmalta
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Start Sylla and Wheeler up top I say.

Leave a comment:

• wortonranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Fernandes Out View Post
    Zero impact more like,Absolute toilet of a so called player.
    But we’re not exactly flush with choices!

Leave a comment:

• Fernandes Out
    replied
    Zero impact more like,Absolute toilet of a so called player.

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    The midfield is not developing though. If anything it is slowly going backwards.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X