Should Washington be dropped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Almost two years in, I'll give my take again.
    Positives: Hard worker, runs a lot, good first touch, good pace, good strength, homegrown quota
    Negatives: Can't shoot, can't shoot, can't shoot, can't dribble after the first touch, can't shoot, can't shoot, we already have enough homegrown players without him.

If we insist on going forward with him, play him on the wing or even better, off the bench since we have so many better options on the wing.
    So positive outweigh the negative 6 to 3...

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      I get a little bit the thoughts of changing partner but that don't explain the chances he is missing. If he was not getting chances full stop yeah partner could be significant reason but he gets chances just don't take them
      I agree. He is missing chances when he gets them. I like his work ethic and get that Holloway wants his strikers to run around a lot, however, I prefer m.y strikers to take the chances to score goals.

I can understand having a system where one does the running and the other the scoring, which for me could be having Washington playing alongside Sylla. But if Holloway wants to try a 4-3-3 perhaps Washington and Wheeler could partner Sylla. Smith can be used as a sub along w ith Mackie or Osayi-Samual (the latter could also soon replace Washington as a starter if he shows his capable).

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
        JET anyone?
        Actually need him now.

Comment

He should be dropped but when we play teams of Readings style who play it out from the back it makes sense to play him and Mackie to press

As it stands i'd say he's 4th choice striker

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post
            He should be dropped but when we play teams of Readings style who play it out from the back it makes sense to play him and Mackie to press

As it stands i'd say he's 4th choice striker
            Might be worth a crack starting him against Fulham tomorrow on that basis?

Comment

If one of Mackie or Wash has to start then it's Mackie for me atm.

Comment

Play two of the four. They're all so poor none of them can play up by themselves. I'd play Washington and Smith tmw. FWIT...

Comment

Our problem is that we're not creating enough chances, a problem we've had for a very long time.

Sell Washington and watch him thrive elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    Our problem is that we're not creating enough chances, a problem we've had for a very long time.

Don't agree. Think we are creating a fair few chances.....just don't have the strikers who can slot them away.

Comment

Are crosses classed as creating chances? We are top of the Maxi league crossing stats.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

He'd thrive elsewhere because he'd be schooled properly on when and where to makes the runs everyone thinks he can make off Smith. He'd also be told to back himself and put his foot through it occasionally - the guy clearly doesn't have the confidence. I wonder what they actually address in training?

Comment

We have put more crosses into the box then any other side in the league

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                            He'd thrive elsewhere because he'd be schooled properly on when and where to makes the runs everyone thinks he can make off Smith. He'd also be told to back himself and put his foot through it occasionally - the guy clearly doesn't have the confidence. I wonder what they actually address in training?

Can you teach finishing???

Anyway your part time supporter on holiday instead of at the game poor show Nav

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Can you teach finishing???

Anyway your part time supporter on holiday instead of at the game poor show Nav
                              Can't find anywhere to watch it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                                Can't find anywhere to watch it either.
                                It might be a game your glad you missed

Comment

Working...
                                X