Holloway Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Yeah Holloway has to give clear instruction and settle a midfield BUT this has been going on for a long time and that squad of midfielders is so unbalanced it is untrue. I'd like to see big changes in this area in the summer. Get this right and we won't struggle IMO.
    I was excited about Goss, because if the Carrick rumours are true, he is the confidence conduit for the defence. Build a team around a player that can link defence to attack. he finds the space so defenders can always look for him before hoofing, let him concentrate on getting it forward.

I think if we calmed ourselves around the box more, we'd see a far better team. organisation comes from being able to read the situation, which requires time. A player like Carrick allows a team that time.

If we lined up 352 with our current squad, and played through Goss (this relies entirely on him being as good as the rumours, it's rubbish if not), we'd quickly see if our midfield is up to it.

-------Ned - Hall - Lynch --------

---------------Goss----------------

Pav---Luongo-----Freeman---Lua

------Smith-----Wash/Sylla-------

On paper, on current form, that looks very leaky and weak, but that's the kind of thing Ollie should have been 'experimenting' with, as of right now the jurys out on all of our midfielders. But, Pav can be excellent, Luongo continues to polarize but in my opinion only improve, could be the future leader we all so desperately want, Freeman shows great creative potential when he gets the ball, Lua Lua may well not be here next season but you get the point.

Overall, what i'm saying is, wholesale squad changes are silly now, when we've been doing it for ages, and it's failed. We need to give the current squad some confidence, and bolster where we can. Got to be realistic as clearly the club aren't spending good money....a better right defensive player, a better left winger/wingback and a defensive midfield to boss games if Goss is too weak...doesn't seem like a bad team to me, just needs a rocket up it's and reminded what football is.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
      Overall, what i'm saying is, wholesale squad changes are silly now, when we've been doing it for ages, and it's failed. We need to give the current squad some confidence, and bolster where we can. Got to be realistic as clearly the club aren't spending good money....a better right defensive player, a better left winger/wingback and a defensive midfield to boss games if Goss is too weak...doesn't seem like a bad team to me, just needs a rocket up it's and reminded what football is.

Can agree with a lot of this although 3 at the back in this league frightens the life out of me!

I agree on wholesale changes but I think we need big changes in the midfield by shifting out real deadwood and getting the balance right of players who can fit the system Holloway wants us to play.

Comment

• Absolutely no way of Ollie turning this around, it'll end in tears and we'll be looking for another manager come November.

Comment

Can agree with a lot of this although 3 at the back in this league frightens the life out of me!

I agree on wholesale changes but I think we need big changes in the midfield by shifting out real deadwood and getting the balance right of players who can fit the system Holloway wants us to play.
          I don't think we know what the midfield is capable of under better coaching and instruction. No reason to think incoming players would be any better. Don't think we can afford Eric Dier.

Comment

I don't think we know what the midfield is capable of under better coaching and instruction. No reason to think incoming players would be any better. Don't think we can afford Eric Dier.
            tell that to the Nut!

milk and bread goes off quick these days apparantly.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/m...ge-loan-system
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• The season been over nearly 52 hours and he came out with two excuses already .

The bloke has no idea

Comment

No but I am almost certain we can do better than El Khyati !!

Also for me, the jury is way out on Petrasso and Doughty.
                Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 09-05-2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

No but I am almost certain we can do better than El Khyati !!
                  Well, yes we can. But one thing we can't blame Ollie for is that derelict.

Comment

Well, yes we can. But one thing we can't blame Ollie for is that derelict.

Comment

• Bignot ,,Baraclough , Padoula , Ainsworth , Gallen , Bircham Rowlans All players that played with spirit and could be relied on to put in a shift even in the third tier , can Ollie dig these sort out again I don't know ! But one thing is for certain Les can't
                      Last edited by dogsrrs; 11-05-2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hooploft View Post
                        Bignot ,,Baraclough , Padoula , Ainsworth , Gallen , Bircham Rowlans All players that played with spirit and could be relied on to put in a shift enen in the third tier , can Ollie big these sort out again I don't know ! But one thing is for certain Les can't
                        Baraclough?? More to football than running around and putting a shift in these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                          Baraclough?? More to football than running around and putting a shift in these days.
                          Is there any better fullbacks at the club now ? behave will you ! Perch Ho Ho that will keep me chuckling all day

Comment

Is there any better fullbacks at the club now ? behave will you ! Perch Ho Ho that will keep me chuckling all day
                            Perch is poor, give you that. But worse than Ian Barraclough? Come on mate!

Comment

Chuckle to yourself all you want old bean. But you were talking crap. How long did he play under Ollie? I'd hardly call him a Holloway player. Part of useless relegation squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                                I'm going to put it straight out I do not think Ian Holloway is the right man for the job! I'm very strong about this view. I always remember when we got promoted to the championship we Lost quite a few then we won about seven games in a row beating Wigan Leicester and other teams and everyone thinking we were going to go straight to Premier league. After this we went on a downward spiral. The same was happening time after time this season. We lost our games then we won loads on the trot and then we went on a downward spiral.

The type of football I have seen - this season has been very much kick and run. It seems repetitive like it was when Ian Holloway was in charge. Start off the match with strong pressing play, try and catch the other team out with fast balls, passing and creative ideas. Then for the rest of the match make it up as you go.

I am thankful that Ian Holloway did bring us up out of league 1 but since then the football culture has evolved dramatically it is not about kissing the badge anymore, players have respect for thier team they are in yes; but given the opportunity at higher wages they will always go for the money. You just got to have a look at other Leagues. All this fist pumping and chest pumping by Ian Holloway looking like a gorilla on the sideline doesn't really do much apart from looking like he needs diazepam.

The cultural we should bring into QPR is do a job for us and if you're not good enough to do that job then start to think about applying for McDonald's. Like we have just offered another contract to Jamie Mackie why??? he is not good enough to play as a top striker but he fits in with Ian Holloway culture that he kisses the badge and is a true supporter. Yes maybe the first time he was manager in League one such as Rowlands and Cookie this was true - but not now.

We need a solid Manager not a pundit someone who doesn't give a ship on slackers but still has passion for the position their in - like Massimo Oddo Laurent Blanc Nigel Pearson a good squad of International u23s u21s and a couple of matures and a manager with no previous connection to QPR.

Comment

Working...
                                X