Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Exactly my point.

We've spent 5 years going backwards under Fernandes when we should have been using the investment to make up ground on the likes of Chelsea. Let's be honest, they are only where they are right now cos of huge investment for Ken Bates, followed by Mathew Harding, followed by Roman Abramovich.
    Sorry, just now saw that.
    Regarding us going only backwards during Tony, I don't fully agree. I think we had just one good (wonder) season in 15 years before Tony. There were no established success at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      Fernandes is the owner and shareholder. Club has gone backwards due to CEO, DF and management team. On the face of it, most of his appointments were decent but they haven't worked out. I think it's pretty harsh to criticize Tony. Yes, we have gone backwards but he's lost a heck of a lot of money doing it. And he continues to try to listen and spend money again. THe problem has been the people he has hired. I think he's been too loyal to some of his managers. Why not just sack them until we find the right one? Why do we need to give them a transfer window when they're clearly not up to it.
      See, I don't want Fernandes to keep throwing money at it.

My gripe is about poor management of club affairs. You can point at luck and things just not working out as much as you want. But anyone who has ever been successful will tell you that luck is pretty closely linked to hard work and doing things right. I just think we get far too much wrong and have done consistently throughout Fernandes' tenure.

Comment

• Football owners should ALWAYS be open to criticism, no matter how nice, no matter how much good will they have when spending their money.

We are paying customers and we should criticize and have an opinion if we don't think they are spending it rightly.

This ain't just down to Holloway or the manager anymore, eventually you have to start to look higher up the chain as to why bad decisions are continually being made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
          Sorry, just now saw that.
          Regarding us going only backwards during Tony, I don't fully agree. I think we had just one good (wonder) season in 15 years before Tony. There were no established success at all.
          Agree with that actually mate. But Fernandes raised expectation when he came along and got his cheque book out. I don't think that we as fans have ever got over that.

The thing that bothers me a bit is that if Fernandes hadn't have shown up, then the club appeared to in the process of being bought by Amit and the Mittals. It's touched upon in The 4 Year Plan. For me, Amit is the one guy we've had in that Boardroom in the last decade (perhaps longer), who's had his head screwed on right and had the best interests of the club at heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
            Just over 30 years ago we had bigger home attendances than Chelsea.
            What you mean from 1987 backwards we have always had bigger crowds than chelsea, or do you mean for one season?

Comment

• Tony Fernandes trusted Mark Hughes and Harry Redknapp - two established top flight managers. He gave them resources to make this a competitive club. They did not/could not do it.

Tony Fernandes then implemented a DoF - Les Ferdinand - to make sure this silly spending stopped, as well as appeasing fans by bringing back a legend (who had all the qualifications needed to perform the role)

This DoF, we assume, had a large say in appointing Chris Ramsey who by all accounts the players very much liked and Les knew him well and had worked together before so there was a good working relationship there. Then JFH was brought in, after the fans had been crying out for an up and coming manager. Again, didn't work out.

Lee Hoos also brought in to cut spending in all other aspects of the football club. The man had just done a very successful job at Burnely.

Football was barely being played and atmosphere was worse at Loftus Road than it had ever been. At least when Bosingwa was playing there was so much passion/hate towards him it created something in the stadium. Under JFH, there was nothing. Just nothing.

Ian Holloway brought in to get atmosphere back, appease fans after having to watch sh*t football under JFH. Also a man who has spend the last 18 months studying championship teams, with previous experience of getting out of this division.

What exactly do people want from the club? Spend money / don't spend money. Young up + coming manager / experienced manager. Promotion / build a good foundation.

Looks to me they've found a middle ground. Spending a bit of money, with a middle aged manager with experience but unfortunately we aren't where we should be in the league
              My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                Tony Fernandes trusted Mark Hughes and Harry Redknapp - two established top flight managers. He gave them resources to make this a competitive club. They did not/could not do it.

Tony Fernandes then implemented a DoF - Les Ferdinand - to make sure this silly spending stopped, as well as appeasing fans by bringing back a legend (who had all the qualifications needed to perform the role)

This DoF, we assume, had a large say in appointing Chris Ramsey who by all accounts the players very much liked and Les knew him well and had worked together before so there was a good working relationship there. Then JFH was brought in, after the fans had been crying out for an up and coming manager. Again, didn't work out.

Lee Hoos also brought in to cut spending in all other aspects of the football club. The man had just done a very successful job at Burnely.

Football was barely being played and atmosphere was worse at Loftus Road than it had ever been. At least when Bosingwa was playing there was so much passion/hate towards him it created something in the stadium. Under JFH, there was nothing. Just nothing.

Ian Holloway brought in to get atmosphere back, appease fans after having to watch sh*t football under JFH. Also a man who has spend the last 18 months studying championship teams, with previous experience of getting out of this division.

What exactly do people want from the club? Spend money / don't spend money. Young up + coming manager / experienced manager. Promotion / build a good foundation.

Looks to me they've found a middle ground. Spending a bit of money, with a middle aged manager with experience but unfortunately we aren't where we should be in the league

Dof les was not brought in to stop the silly spending. it was uncle bungle who was spending the money.

it common that tony signed the likes of barton, park, samba, remy (fifa king).

the dof was brought in after some fans were starting to point the finger at old bungle and les was used to deflect attention.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  Dof les was not brought in to stop the silly spending. it was uncle bungle who was spending the money.

it common that tony signed the likes of barton, park, samba, remy (fifa king).

the dof was brought in after some fans were starting to point the finger at old bungle and les was used to deflect attention.
                  Is it TF who bought Smithies and Luongo?

*Edit: Also no issue with buying Remy... Park was Hughes. Barton was a panic buy when Warnock was in charge because we had no premiership quality. Samba was a manger signing too
                  My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    What you mean from 1987 backwards we have always had bigger crowds than chelsea, or do you mean for one season?
                    Only for 1-2 seasons, tbh.

Comment

Tony Fernandes trusted Mark Hughes and Harry Redknapp - two established top flight managers. He gave them resources to make this a competitive club. They did not/could not do it.

Look, you can go through any failed business and find a scapegoat for everything that has gone wrong. The fact is the one common denominator is TF and the buck stops with him.

I run a small business. I hire guys that work out and guys that fail. I make some decisions that make us money, and some that don't. The difference between success and failure is making sure you get enough right to get to where you want to be. Fernandes has consistently failed to do that!
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 25-04-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Tony runs a business as well mate, why dont you compare yours with his in a success sense, instead of comparing it with his hobby?

Its far to simplistic to say it is how you are imo,...Running a football club is so different and a total minefield and only a few ever make any money or reach constant sucess.
                        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 25-04-2017, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Have to agree with you on the first point TF was let down by Hughes and Harry, although Harry did take us to Wembley and a win at Wembley which will never be forgotten. I genuinely feel sorry for TF said it many many times he deserves some luck even these safe appointments have gone against him. I certainly don't want TF to quit you just need to look at Blackburn, Coventry, Leyton Orient, Pompey etc etc to see what genuinely bad owners can do to the club, we have an owner who seems to care. Yes he's made mistakes but I would rather TF than someone unknown who could sell us down the river.
                          Do think Olly is wrong appointment though.

Comment

• I like where this threads chat is at the minute.

There maybe disagreements but it's a hell of alot more worthwhile than the 'ollie is a useless ####' etc etc.

The club ain't in turmoil, but things are not hunky dory. Reckon afew good points on here as to why aswell....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Tony runs a business as well mate, why dont you compare yours with his in a success sense, instead of comparing it with his hobby?

Its far to simplistic to say it is how you are imo,...Running a football club is so different and a total minefield and only a few ever make any money or reach constant sucess.
                              No comparing anything I do to what TF does. He's at a whole different level.

Just saying, in any business you have decisions that go right and some that don't. The mark of success is getting enough right to achieve your objectives which TF clearly hasn't done with QPR..........or any other venture with the exception of Air Asia for that matter, but that's a different conversation.

I don't know how long we are gonna keep making excuses for him!
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 25-04-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                No comparing anything I do to what TF does. He's at a whole different level.

Just saying, in any business you have decisions that go right and some that don't. The mark of success is getting enough right to achieve your objectives which TF clearly hasn't done with QPR..........or any other venture with the exception of Air Asia for that matter but that's a different conversation.

I don't know how long we are gonna keep making excuses for him!
                                I got about 250 million more to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X