X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brightonr
    replied
    If I were TF I would ask myself the question :

Is it likely that Holloway will be making a strong challenge for the top 6 next season?

As the answer is no due to having seen no evidence of it whatsoever over plenty of games, then surely he must come to the conclusion that a change is needed now. Any other approach is somewhat delusional, albeit par for the course.

Was as shocked as anyone when he was appointed, but despite all the misgivings, like the majority of us, so much wanted him to be a success and was more than prepared to give him a good crack.

He's had that and been found wanting. Badly so.

Perhaps the answer to not changing managers once or twice per season would be to appoint a really good one. One that has a proven track record of delivering successful outcomes by developing individual players and the team, rather than just throwing money around aimlessly and hoping for the best.

Supported TF from the outset as despite his many mistakes, he is a good guy who has tried his best and backed us financially even when the going got really tough. But if everything below him is failing to the extent that it is and has, then even my goodwill has been tested to the limit. Last chance now from me. Hopefully he realises that too and starts to be a little more ruthless. The fans have had liberties taken by both players and management for far too long now. It's the fans that are still here and still suffering that should be his priority now. Because they are the ones that care and show it by continuing to show up.

When they are gone Mr Fernandes, you really won't have much left to be proud of.

Leave a comment:

• Timmy the Doc
    replied
    80 % of me says it would probably be wise to sack him tomorrow. 10 % of me says that he has brought in good players and maybe brings more in June, so wait and sack him in July. 10 % of me wants to give him first 10 games.

Leave a comment:

• SteveQPR1975
    replied
    Originally posted by Kit View Post
    Sadly absolutely yes. 7 defeats out of 8 is not good enough thank god Forest were crap 2nd half last week.
    yes spot on we have been very very lucky

Leave a comment:

• The General
    replied
    Monk for me think he's an excellent manager .

He would def sort us out

Leave a comment:

• The General
    replied
    Monk
    Pardew
    McLaren

Who will it be mid next season Ollie is not working I'm afraid and I'm a supporter of his.

Leave a comment:

• Kit
    replied
    Sadly absolutely yes. 7 defeats out of 8 is not good enough thank god Forest were crap 2nd half last week.

Leave a comment:

• cheeseburgers
    replied
    For a long time I was thinking "Well, he just started experimenting too early" or "give him a full preseason" - because I kept thinking about that great run of form we had back around March or so and how I had been impressed by some of his signings. Also didn't see any viable replacements for him. But I think it clicked today that he needs to go. From beating Forest and winning a necessary match to completely giving up today is confounding. If Monk is available that'd be a real capture. I hope we spring a move for him.

But like other posters have commented in other threads there must be something beyond the managers. We've brought in managers who were successful before (JFH, albeit at a lower level) and have been successful after (Mark Hughes seems to be doing alright at Stoke) but they've really failed here. I wonder what organizational structures leads to this, and I feel like I can't just place all the blame on Les as this was happening before he was here.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Quote Ollie. "It was just one game to much.'
    Oh Dear...

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    get rid of this imbecile asap

not you kev.....

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
    Probably off drowning their sorrows. It'll be much much more by tomorrow.
    Celebrating mediocrity and getting excuses ready for next season

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
    Only 15 people have voted, Surprising.
    Probably off drowning their sorrows. It'll be much much more by tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied
    Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    Not fair to the fans or the players to 'write a season off'

Should be giving 100% right up until your 5-0 in the 89th minute.
    or 4-0

Leave a comment:

• cross it Dave
    replied
    Only 15 people have voted, Surprising.

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Then the board need to act double quick and make him feel a wanted man again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X