Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vespa
    replied
    Even i am finding it hard to have any positive views today , i just feel ( like everyone ) massively let down by Holloway and the players after yesterday , and my hangover isnt helping . We took loads to Norwich yesterday and where rewarded with a shambolic performance , we are a f ucking joke

Leave a comment:

• topperharley
    replied
    Originally posted by acricketer View Post
    ....and you want him to stay. Why wouldn't you sack him?
    1. We sacked Jimmy (necessarily) when there were several candidates available, who could've proven better. Now, I don't see any. Monk will end up at Norwich. Find us a better candidate and i'm in. I don't agree with sacking someone without a better option lined up.

2. I do believe that Ollie can do whats required to bring some stability to this circus. I think it's naive to think he can get us promoted. But if he can leave this club firmly in mid table with an established squad that doesn't need an overhaul every single window, i'd be happy. We aren't going up the way things are obviously, but we need to be primed to do so.

3. I genuinely like the guy. Though that should have nothing to do with jobs in this industry.

4. I wholeheartedly dislike the revolving door policy on staff and players. We can't expect success rolling the dice. Though it may seem we are rolling the dice keeping Ollie? Again, not comparing him to Fergie, but http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/206230.html is a good read. Managers get the boot after a poor run, if they've lost the dressing room, but rarely these days are they given time to turn it around.

Not saying it's easy, and I'd support an intelligent replacement. I agree with many Ollie out's points and reasonings. This many losses and a record of roller coaster relegation and promotions does not bode well for the stability i'd like. I just think we need to be smarter. Ollie is a symptom, we should be first addressing why we have hired such a poor run of managers, and in man instances playing staff, to get us this far after so much money spent.

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied
    Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    i'm no populist, but this hasn't been great. He would've been sacked at most other clubs.
    ....and you want him to stay. Why wouldn't you sack him?

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied
    Originally posted by Fordy View Post
    Only Rotherham have lost more games than us since Holloway has been here. Sacked JFH because the board thought we had a chance of play offs, end up losing more games than anyone else apart from the team rock bottom. Couldn't make it up. Worst appointment for a long time.
    Read this all those who say he 'saved us' from relegation.

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    i'm no populist, but this hasn't been great. He would've been sacked at most other clubs.
    At every other club

Leave a comment:

• topperharley
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Wheres van and corbs when you need them!

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Wheres van and corbs when you need them!

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    I need 2 more votes to apply for our magnificent 7.

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Originally posted by Martinel View Post
    Good point Fordy....yet look at other threads. We still defend the indefensible and have the deluded belief that given a pre season and transfer window Holloway can turn things around. Don't understand. He was brought in with the play offs a target and he has failed. You can't polish a turd . His record is appalling his comments ridiculous and he is tactically clueless. Added to the mix of an incompetent DoF supported by a Board that time and again make brainless decisions and we can understand why we are in the current mess. Dysfunctional top to bottom.
    5 years on £250m down the drain and 18th in the Championship. You couldn't make it up.

That right there is nail on head.

well said Martin.

Leave a comment:

• Martinel
    replied
    Good point Fordy....yet look at other threads. We still defend the indefensible and have the deluded belief that given a pre season and transfer window Holloway can turn things around. Don't understand. He was brought in with the play offs a target and he has failed. You can't polish a turd . His record is appalling his comments ridiculous and he is tactically clueless. Added to the mix of an incompetent DoF supported by a Board that time and again make brainless decisions and we can understand why we are in the current mess. Dysfunctional top to bottom.
    5 years on £250m down the drain and 18th in the Championship. You couldn't make it up.

Leave a comment:

• Acton Stations
    replied
    He should go now although I have to say I think I've managed to take today's massacre at Carrow Road squarely on the chin.

Leave a comment:

• Fordy
    replied
    Only Rotherham have lost more games than us since Holloway has been here. Sacked JFH because the board thought we had a chance of play offs, end up losing more games than anyone else apart from the team rock bottom. Couldn't make it up. Worst appointment for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Gtleighsr3
    replied
    In a perfect world Ian win loose draw would be given next season as he a former player etc. But this is the real world where there is no room for sentiment. He might be a nice bloke. He might be trying. But it not working so needs to go.

Leave a comment:

• Fordy
    replied
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wycjnCCgUes

This is us under Holloway.

Leave a comment:

• The General
    replied
    To lose 6 on the trot twice do not tell me that he is the right choice

It's sounds like the players do not respect him and see him as a bit of a clown

We need a proper manager now it's not going to improve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X