Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrbourne21
    replied
    The season been over nearly 52 hours and he came out with two excuses already .

The bloke has no idea

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    I don't think we know what the midfield is capable of under better coaching and instruction. No reason to think incoming players would be any better. Don't think we can afford Eric Dier.
    tell that to the Nut!

milk and bread goes off quick these days apparantly.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/m...ge-loan-system

Leave a comment:

• topperharley
    replied
    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Can agree with a lot of this although 3 at the back in this league frightens the life out of me!

I agree on wholesale changes but I think we need big changes in the midfield by shifting out real deadwood and getting the balance right of players who can fit the system Holloway wants us to play.
    I don't think we know what the midfield is capable of under better coaching and instruction. No reason to think incoming players would be any better. Don't think we can afford Eric Dier.

Leave a comment:

• West London is Rss
    replied
    Absolutely no way of Ollie turning this around, it'll end in tears and we'll be looking for another manager come November.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Overall, what i'm saying is, wholesale squad changes are silly now, when we've been doing it for ages, and it's failed. We need to give the current squad some confidence, and bolster where we can. Got to be realistic as clearly the club aren't spending good money....a better right defensive player, a better left winger/wingback and a defensive midfield to boss games if Goss is too weak...doesn't seem like a bad team to me, just needs a rocket up it's and reminded what football is.

Can agree with a lot of this although 3 at the back in this league frightens the life out of me!

I agree on wholesale changes but I think we need big changes in the midfield by shifting out real deadwood and getting the balance right of players who can fit the system Holloway wants us to play.

Leave a comment:

• topperharley
    replied
    Yeah Holloway has to give clear instruction and settle a midfield BUT this has been going on for a long time and that squad of midfielders is so unbalanced it is untrue. I'd like to see big changes in this area in the summer. Get this right and we won't struggle IMO.
    I was excited about Goss, because if the Carrick rumours are true, he is the confidence conduit for the defence. Build a team around a player that can link defence to attack. he finds the space so defenders can always look for him before hoofing, let him concentrate on getting it forward.

I think if we calmed ourselves around the box more, we'd see a far better team. organisation comes from being able to read the situation, which requires time. A player like Carrick allows a team that time.

If we lined up 352 with our current squad, and played through Goss (this relies entirely on him being as good as the rumours, it's rubbish if not), we'd quickly see if our midfield is up to it.

-------Ned - Hall - Lynch --------

---------------Goss----------------

Pav---Luongo-----Freeman---Lua

------Smith-----Wash/Sylla-------

On paper, on current form, that looks very leaky and weak, but that's the kind of thing Ollie should have been 'experimenting' with, as of right now the jurys out on all of our midfielders. But, Pav can be excellent, Luongo continues to polarize but in my opinion only improve, could be the future leader we all so desperately want, Freeman shows great creative potential when he gets the ball, Lua Lua may well not be here next season but you get the point.

Overall, what i'm saying is, wholesale squad changes are silly now, when we've been doing it for ages, and it's failed. We need to give the current squad some confidence, and bolster where we can. Got to be realistic as clearly the club aren't spending good money....a better right defensive player, a better left winger/wingback and a defensive midfield to boss games if Goss is too weak...doesn't seem like a bad team to me, just needs a rocket up it's and reminded what football is.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Mush youve not voted! youre not turning to the darkside are you me old bean?
    Found it hard to vote after Sunday!

I've got faith in Holloway turning it around because I think he needs a proper chance to sort out an average squad but it is hard to justify him staying in a job with such a poor run of results.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Thought Brighton away was 0-4. Only 0-3....
    To be fair a LOT of games have felt like a 4-0 !

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    I used to think it was all in the midfield. Then i saw what our midfield can do when our defence passes it to them, rather than hoofing it over them.

That's on the attacking side, defensively both midfield and defence are lacking structure and leadership, which go hand in hand.

Best form of defence is attack, score more goals than the other team, we should be passing the ball to our midfield and getting through balls to Washington and crosses into Smith.

That, is Ollie's fault for not providing clear instruction or a settled midfield.
    Yeah Holloway has to give clear instruction and settle a midfield BUT this has been going on for a long time and that squad of midfielders is so unbalanced it is untrue. I'd like to see big changes in this area in the summer. Get this right and we won't struggle IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Can't remember two 4-0's. A couple of 3-0's and of course JFH's highlight of the 6-0.

Poor clean sheet return and poor scoring return though all masks the midfield issue IMO.
    Thought Brighton away was 0-4. Only 0-3....

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Mush youve not voted! youre not turning to the darkside are you me old bean?

Leave a comment:

• topperharley
    replied
    Spot on. Defence can be tweaked easily alongside the fact that Hall has been missing for ages.

Problems really are in the midfield - constantly being too deep to support the attack and cannot muster a tackle between them to help the defence.

Couple that the limited strikeforce we have and there is absolutely no shock as to why we are where we are.
    I used to think it was all in the midfield. Then i saw what our midfield can do when our defence passes it to them, rather than hoofing it over them.

That's on the attacking side, defensively both midfield and defence are lacking structure and leadership, which go hand in hand.

Best form of defence is attack, score more goals than the other team, we should be passing the ball to our midfield and getting through balls to Washington and crosses into Smith.

That, is Ollie's fault for not providing clear instruction or a settled midfield.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Lose by a single goal largely. Conceded more than two only at Brighton, Brentford and Norwich, right? Four nil being the worse twice. Never a clean sheet, however. Defence isn't great. But it stinks far less than other parts of the team. Especially the midfield as Mush says. Us having the best midfielder in the championship/ universe notwithstanding.
    Can't remember two 4-0's. A couple of 3-0's and of course JFH's highlight of the 6-0.

Poor clean sheet return and poor scoring return though all masks the midfield issue IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    Surely the conceding goals stat is down to JFH's drossball at the start of the season though?

We've shipped loads under Holloway, have we not?
    Lose by a single goal largely. Conceded more than two only at Brighton, Brentford and Norwich, right? Four nil being the worse twice. Never a clean sheet, however. Defence isn't great. But it stinks far less than other parts of the team. Especially the midfield as Mush says. Us having the best midfielder in the championship/ universe notwithstanding.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Really? Wow. Agree with you, Mush. Defence, the three tonkings we got aside, is the least of our problems. Scoring is. As is, Freeman's promise notwithstanding, the fact that our midfield creates little and scores nothing.
    Spot on. Defence can be tweaked easily alongside the fact that Hall has been missing for ages.

Problems really are in the midfield - constantly being too deep to support the attack and cannot muster a tackle between them to help the defence.

Couple that the limited strikeforce we have and there is absolutely no shock as to why we are where we are.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X