Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holloway Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    Really. Was it over ages ago? Had QPR not won against Forest they would be playing League 1 football next season instead of Blackburn.
    spot on

    Comment


    • Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      That shows what you knew about this season.
      spot on

      Comment


      • Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Or had the decency to resign.
        spot on

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          four more goals conceded taking the total to 66 (Blackburn and Wigan both went down conceding fewer)[/url]

          Wow. Just as well we have the best defensive midfielder in the championship/ universe, isn't it? It would've been far worse.

          Just for comparison: We conceded 66 goals - less than Reading (3rd), Huddersfield (5th) and Norwich (8th).

          IMO the only stat that is worth talking about is the number of points on the board on the last day of the season.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Just for comparison: We conceded 66 goals - less than Reading (3rd), Huddersfield (5th) and Norwich (8th).

            IMO the only stat that is worth talking about is the number of points on the board on the last day of the season.
            Really? Wow. Agree with you, Mush. Defence, the three tonkings we got aside, is the least of our problems. Scoring is. As is, Freeman's promise notwithstanding, the fact that our midfield creates little and scores nothing.
            Last edited by Rangers77; 09-05-2017, 09:35 AM.

            Comment


            • Surely the conceding goals stat is down to JFH's drossball at the start of the season though?

              We've shipped loads under Holloway, have we not?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Really? Wow. Agree with you, Mush. Defence, the three tonkings we got aside, is the least of our problems. Scoring is. As is, Freeman's promise notwithstanding, the fact that our midfield creates little and scores nothing.
                Spot on. Defence can be tweaked easily alongside the fact that Hall has been missing for ages.

                Problems really are in the midfield - constantly being too deep to support the attack and cannot muster a tackle between them to help the defence.

                Couple that the limited strikeforce we have and there is absolutely no shock as to why we are where we are.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  Surely the conceding goals stat is down to JFH's drossball at the start of the season though?

                  We've shipped loads under Holloway, have we not?
                  Lose by a single goal largely. Conceded more than two only at Brighton, Brentford and Norwich, right? Four nil being the worse twice. Never a clean sheet, however. Defence isn't great. But it stinks far less than other parts of the team. Especially the midfield as Mush says. Us having the best midfielder in the championship/ universe notwithstanding.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Lose by a single goal largely. Conceded more than two only at Brighton, Brentford and Norwich, right? Four nil being the worse twice. Never a clean sheet, however. Defence isn't great. But it stinks far less than other parts of the team. Especially the midfield as Mush says. Us having the best midfielder in the championship/ universe notwithstanding.
                    Can't remember two 4-0's. A couple of 3-0's and of course JFH's highlight of the 6-0.

                    Poor clean sheet return and poor scoring return though all masks the midfield issue IMO.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Spot on. Defence can be tweaked easily alongside the fact that Hall has been missing for ages.

                      Problems really are in the midfield - constantly being too deep to support the attack and cannot muster a tackle between them to help the defence.

                      Couple that the limited strikeforce we have and there is absolutely no shock as to why we are where we are.
                      I used to think it was all in the midfield. Then i saw what our midfield can do when our defence passes it to them, rather than hoofing it over them.

                      That's on the attacking side, defensively both midfield and defence are lacking structure and leadership, which go hand in hand.

                      Best form of defence is attack, score more goals than the other team, we should be passing the ball to our midfield and getting through balls to Washington and crosses into Smith.

                      That, is Ollie's fault for not providing clear instruction or a settled midfield.

                      Comment


                      • Mush youve not voted! youre not turning to the darkside are you me old bean?
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Can't remember two 4-0's. A couple of 3-0's and of course JFH's highlight of the 6-0.

                          Poor clean sheet return and poor scoring return though all masks the midfield issue IMO.
                          Thought Brighton away was 0-4. Only 0-3....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                            I used to think it was all in the midfield. Then i saw what our midfield can do when our defence passes it to them, rather than hoofing it over them.

                            That's on the attacking side, defensively both midfield and defence are lacking structure and leadership, which go hand in hand.

                            Best form of defence is attack, score more goals than the other team, we should be passing the ball to our midfield and getting through balls to Washington and crosses into Smith.

                            That, is Ollie's fault for not providing clear instruction or a settled midfield.
                            Yeah Holloway has to give clear instruction and settle a midfield BUT this has been going on for a long time and that squad of midfielders is so unbalanced it is untrue. I'd like to see big changes in this area in the summer. Get this right and we won't struggle IMO.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              Thought Brighton away was 0-4. Only 0-3....
                              To be fair a LOT of games have felt like a 4-0 !

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                Mush youve not voted! youre not turning to the darkside are you me old bean?
                                Found it hard to vote after Sunday!

                                I've got faith in Holloway turning it around because I think he needs a proper chance to sort out an average squad but it is hard to justify him staying in a job with such a poor run of results.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X