Holloway Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
    My point is that they most likely get totally bewildered by all the chopping and changing when it comes to player selections AND tactics.
    Not to mention frustrated angry or losing confidence. All in all bad man management.

Remember how Sylla and Wyszolek were forming an understanding and scoring before Holloway slated the former after the Reading game and screwed up the pair of them

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      That's part of the story but not all of it IMO, Cjskinz.

Confidence plays a massive role in any sport and it was sky high following that run. Building on that confidence, form and momentum there is no reason why it could not have continued into the next 6 games, regardless of the opposition. This was proven by our performances against teams higher up the table like Reading and Newcastle.

Three things went wrong however:

1) The timing of the international break (the same for all teams, granted).

2) Complacency set in - again one of sport's biggest pitfalls (IH's fault).

3) As a result of (2) and the assumption we were safe, he began experimenting and tinkering too much in preparation for next season and thereby took his eye off the ball (also IH's fault).
      You are correct that confidence is key to a successful team and run of results.

You missed out a fourth.

That by changing the line up Holloway was not allowing the team to keep the momentum going.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Let's be honest... Ian Holloway is not going to be the manager to take us back in to the play-offs let alone the Premier League.
        This is a bloke whose last managerial appointment was him getting sacked by Millwall, and a man who chucked the towel in at Palace for being 'exhausted' - more like inept...
        I don't even know why he was appointed in the first place FFS.

He should be used as nothing more than a pit-stop after getting rid of JFH. At the end of the season it's time to get back to a proper managerial appointment, if this joker of a boardroom can get one right eventually.

I'm not saying I can predict the future but hands up who sees him leaving within a few months of next season, if he stays on over summer... me!!!
        Me too and it will just be repeating this and last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Don't agree four or five of us before allies appointment very accurately predicted how a Holloway reign would go. It was, and perhaps rightly, not appreciated by many posters but every concern raised has come home to roost. I have tried to stay out of the second round of debates about Ollie as I made my views clear first time round and did not want to highjack threads.

But from stupid threads praising him after initial few wins it's becoming clearer and clearer more fans are not impressed with him. It was obvious from Norwich it was going be disaster playing 10men for over 90mins and crawling over the line because he took best player off that day, his reasoning for this he wanted to see how the team played without player that was dictating the game in our favour!!!!! What logic is that and evidence he was tinkering from day one

As have always said like him he's good guy but he's a poor poor manager as we're seeing and suspect this will be his last managerial role in football. Long ball football, which is his stock position, in the main has gone we're going backwards
          Well said and you are correct about the Norwich game.
          I recall telling my brother that it was a lucky win against 10 men.

How different would things have been had they lost that game.
          Would the board have been impressed with losing at home against 10 and then the losses that followed.

I wish I had refrained from posting replies as you rightly say many of us voiced our concerns about him being linked to and then appointed to the job.

I will be amazed if he is still in this job in early 2018.

Comment

With the greatest of respect your talking rubbish. They were booed off at Bristol City and at Brentford and the chants were Ollie sort it out!!!!! And if you class throwing the ball long to Smith as an improvement I really cannot agree

Genuine question how regularly do you attend games as what you posted is the opposite of the truth
            I guess that the football is better in the sense that the players are more attack minded than they were under JFH's snoozeball. . However punting it long to Smith is not really entertaining to most fans either.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              I just can't get my head around this brand new direction we are supposed to be heading in, with the wealthy owners we are supposed to have; it's now 2017 after 5 years of this ownership and this new direction, and we have Ian Holloway as our manager... Ian farking Holloway... The more I think about it the more I can't get my head around it.

This wasn't in the Fernandes master plan in 2013 was it? Being 5 years in and having Ian Holloway as our manager fighting a Championship relegation battle...
              Who in their right mind would of had Ian Holloway at the top of their list for next manager 5 years ago? How did we get here FFS, Champions with Neil Warnock to Championship relegation fodder with Ian Holloway... Give me strength.
              I wish I could understand that as well.
              With the investment the owners have made, QPR should be at Premiership top ten side by now, not in a Championship relegation scrap.

If the owners are seriously interested in taking this club forward they should be putting out the feelers for a competent Chief Executive , football manager and perhaps a DoF and coach set up .

LF and IH must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                Just read on BBC site that we have now equalled our worst ever home record and if we lose tomorrow will break it with 11 home defeats in one season. We have already set a record with 2 sets of 6 game defeats, surely that is indefensible. We actually had a better record when we got relegated from the Prem on 2 occasions not good reading. We have also only beaten Forest once in 11 games.
                Doesnt bode well for Forest tomorrow, does it ?

Comment

With the greatest of respect your talking rubbish. They were booed off at Bristol City and at Brentford and the chants were Ollie sort it out!!!!! And if you class throwing the ball long to Smith as an improvement I really cannot agree

Genuine question how regularly do you attend games as what you posted is the opposite of the truth

Fair play to youre response to me wests reading what ive put unlike stanis funny you should mention smith as i think after his brief good spell think he affected our play in the end like a few thought it would lumping it to him when before we was starting to play some good stuff, for me sylla should of been our no1 hitman as we was playing some good stuff! But think it was our downfall in play!
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    Fair play to youre response to me wests reading what ive put unlike stanis funny you should mention smith as i think after his brief good spell think he affected our play in the end like a few thought it would lumping it to him when before we was starting to play some good stuff, for me sylla should of been our no1 hitman as we was playing some good stuff! But think it was our downfall in play!
                    Of course I read your posts.
                    You acknowledge that IH had made mistakes but you choose to defend him by blaming a lot of it on the players and still think he should stay.

You cannot accept that he is tactically inept, selects baffling line ups and formations and his so called man management strengths are nowhere to be seen. Also the football being played is actually poor - better than under JFH - but still not good.

You also have a dig at me because I don't post to applaud him after a good run of results. Fickle fans do that and then criticize after bad results.

I have said all along he is not the right man for the post and I stand by that.

You like to think that he will keep QPR up and push on from there next season . well dream on.

Comment

• Football is a simple game , man for man marking. Brentford had 2 wide men all game and we couldn't cope because our fullbacks decided to give them time to pick up the ball and do what they wanted. Every man should know his man 5 minutes in and that stays throughout the game , lose possession and your half inch away to win it back . In possession keep it on the deck , long balls to smith don't work. Play yeni tomorrow, he will have a go and take a man on 2-0 Rangers. I hope
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Pinks for record I think your top poster i love your passion and loyalty

Been on sauce most day so that's enough from me for a day as will make less sense then normal ha Respect you all regardless of views as ultimately we all want same thing end of the day

Comment

Pinks for record I think your top poster i love your passion and loyalty

Been on sauce most day so that's enough from me for a day as will make less sense then normal ha Respect you all regardless of views as ultimately we all want same thing end of the day
                          F*** me, very eloquent - who wrote that for you? You were too pissed when you rang me��

Comment

• I'm baffled by Holloway. Was initially sceptical about his appointment, but was briefly won over and am now not sure again. I wasn't happy with the sentiment of "we want our Rangers back", things like that never work, but when Freeman came in and we went on a run it seemed like we had a decent side. Now I dont have a clue what's going on! I come on here trying to make sense, see if people can explain some of the strange line ups and constant formation changes. I was wondering if it was just me that didn't know what was going on?!

Anyway...today is a big day for us. In a way if we lose it might force the club into decisive action. On the other hand I don't want us to lose. I never want us to lose!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                              I'm baffled by Holloway. Was initially sceptical about his appointment, but was briefly won over and am now not sure again. I wasn't happy with the sentiment of "we want our Rangers back", things like that never work, but when Freeman came in and we went on a run it seemed like we had a decent side. Now I dont have a clue what's going on! I come on here trying to make sense, see if people can explain some of the strange line ups and constant formation changes. I was wondering if it was just me that didn't know what was going on?!

Anyway...today is a big day for us. In a way if we lose it might force the club into decisive action. On the other hand I don't want us to lose. I never want us to lose!
                              Post of the month for me.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                                Doesnt bode well for Forest tomorrow, does it ?
                                Look forward to seeing you posting loads of different posts when youre back online chuffed with our win be not a great performance but atleast job done!
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X