Holloway Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
    On the hole, Smithies has kept us, the players, and Ollie in it. That`s the truth,imo. Personally, i hope he will bring us at least a point against Forest..
    Its alright, Pinkie still thinks Ollie has done a fine job since returning probably because the team is more entertaining than under JFH, got rid of Chery Sandro and selected Furlong and Manning and managed to win 9 from 29 games - never mind the 17 losses. Absolutely baffling.

Comment

• Yep let's keep chopping and changing when the manager doesn't work out...

What happens when the next manager comes in? On this budget and the players we have (leaky defence, lightweight midfield and bang average strikers) who could get us higher up the table? Genuine question, not defending Ollie here (am a little bit lol)
      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        you are the prized Muppet still defending this clown of a manager. Wake up to reality and open your eyes or take off your blinkers or rose tinted specs.
        Did you not read what ive last posted?! I havnt said one moment well done ollie for these last 8 games or so, the wheels have come off and shouldnt of done, we should of made sure things were safe before experimenting or changing the core of the team, a big mistake by ollie and the players for taking their feet off the pedal! Unprofessional and very stupid and inexcusable! But before that tipping point we were ok, everyone else has built up momentum while we've lost it big time and ollie needs to admit hes fooked up and the players! No excuses so where am i bigging up ollie for that?! And really hope we sort out some points now in last games and performance instead of relying on others! And then i look forward to next season where a more settled team will be hitting the top 10! Obviously if we do that youll be very quiet as you seem hell bent on ollie to not do any good as proved when we were playing some good stuff !
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

He will hopefully be shown the door at the end of this season.
          He certainly knows where the door is that's for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Obviously really hope we get the results we need but makes me laugh how quiet you went when we went on those good runs lol, you disappeared completely, tickled me now back to youre moaning best! come on ollie and the boys sort it out then we can relax and look forward to a good season hopefully in the champilnship
            Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            That's because I am not fickle enough to come on here and praise him for a good little spell because I knew what was coming.

How you can still come on here to defend him and think he will come good makes me laugh .
            I think this is where your argument loses credibility, stanis.

It's far too easy with the benefit of hindsight to claim you would have predicted that following a run of 7 games of five wins, a draw and a loss, that we would then go on another run of 6 defeats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post

It's far too easy with the benefit of hindsight to claim you would have predicted that following a run of 7 games of five wins, a draw and a loss, that we would then go on another run of 6 defeats.
              Although, you do have to look at the teams we were playing against and think it was too hard to see that we would struggle to get points from many of them. I for one now always think we can get something from a game even when we are 2-0 which I haven't felt like since Warnock/Taarabt season and then Holloway before that

Comment

Did you not read what ive last posted?! I havnt said one moment well done ollie for these last 8 games or so, the wheels have come off and shouldnt of done, we should of made sure things were safe before experimenting or changing the core of the team, a big mistake by ollie and the players for taking their feet off the pedal! Unprofessional and very stupid and inexcusable! But before that tipping point we were ok, everyone else has built up momentum while we've lost it big time and ollie needs to admit hes fooked up and the players! No excuses so where am i bigging up ollie for that?! And really hope we sort out some points now in last games and performance instead of relying on others! And then i look forward to next season where a more settled team will be hitting the top 10! Obviously if we do that youll be very quiet as you seem hell bent on ollie to not do any good as proved when we were playing some good stuff !

So you still really don`t understand how it works when a young and fragile team have to play 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and 3-5-1 during crucial matches where they are playing for survival?
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

So you still really don`t understand how it works when a young and fragile team have to play 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and 3-5-1 during crucial matches where they are playing for survival?
                  What are you on about shania? i dont understand?! hey! i understand everything thanks lol, you should battle to the end of every game giving youre all but most players dont these days and in the past teams always have some players that dont, i as a player always came off the pitch completely burnt out as every player should be like that giving their all, but it just doesnt happen im afraid! so havnt a scooby what youre trying to tell me i dont understand tbh lol

Comment

• There is no excuse for players managers staff switching off when we werent even nailed on mathmatically to stay up, but even if we was we should still have the mentality to want to win every game no matter what!

Comment

What are you on about shania? i dont understand?! hey! i understand everything thanks lol, you should battle to the end of every game giving youre all but most players dont these days and in the past teams always have some players that dont, i as a player always came off the pitch completely burnt out as every player should be like that giving their all, but it just doesnt happen im afraid! so havnt a scooby what youre trying to tell me i dont understand tbh lol
                      My point is that they most likely get totally bewildered by all the chopping and changing when it comes to player selections AND tactics.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                        Although, you do have to look at the teams we were playing against and think it was too hard to see that we would struggle to get points from many of them. I for one now always think we can get something from a game even when we are 2-0 which I haven't felt like since Warnock/Taarabt season and then Holloway before that
                        That's part of the story but not all of it IMO, Cjskinz.

Confidence plays a massive role in any sport and it was sky high following that run. Building on that confidence, form and momentum there is no reason why it could not have continued into the next 6 games, regardless of the opposition. This was proven by our performances against teams higher up the table like Reading and Newcastle.

Three things went wrong however:

1) The timing of the international break (the same for all teams, granted).

2) Complacency set in - again one of sport's biggest pitfalls (IH's fault).

3) As a result of (2) and the assumption we were safe, he began experimenting and tinkering too much in preparation for next season and thereby took his eye off the ball (also IH's fault).

Comment

That's part of the story but not all of it IMO, Cjskinz.

Confidence plays a massive role in any sport and confidence was sky high following that run. Building on that confidence, form and momentum there is no reason why it could not have continued into the next 6 games, regardless of the opposition.

Three things went wrong however:

1) The timing of the international break.

2) Complacency set in - again one of sport's biggest pitfalls (IH's fault).

3) As a result of (2) and the assumption we were safe, he began experimenting and tinkering too much (also IH's fault).
                          Agree with all your points but disagree to some extent with point 3.

Form team in the championship when changing the squad up, and I don't think he is doing any different changes to the ones he made before the international break (except forced changes through injuries). Also Pawel probably not in the squad because he has been poor of late (I would assume).

I also don't think the changes should have a massive impact on us. I would say our squad is better than Bristols? So if he brings in Yeni & Sylla for Smith & Washington (or vice versa) should they be able to beat Bristol? I would say so. It's not as if he's bringing these players in to play different positions to the ones they are used to except Pawel slighty more central and having Manning move to LB at the latter stages of the game). So is it not that the players are under performing?

As a side point, I think when Freeman isn't on fire, we aren't either.

Comment

• Let's be honest... Ian Holloway is not going to be the manager to take us back in to the play-offs let alone the Premier League.
                            This is a bloke whose last managerial appointment was him getting sacked by Millwall, and a man who chucked the towel in at Palace for being 'exhausted' - more like inept...
                            I don't even know why he was appointed in the first place FFS.

He should be used as nothing more than a pit-stop after getting rid of JFH. At the end of the season it's time to get back to a proper managerial appointment, if this joker of a boardroom can get one right eventually.

I'm not saying I can predict the future but hands up who sees him leaving within a few months of next season, if he stays on over summer... me!!!
                            Last edited by West London is Rss; 28-04-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• I saw Neil Ashton dug Holloway AND Ferdinand out in the Sun this morning

I'm a Holloway fan but I can't see him in charge next season if we lose either of our next 2.

Comment

Don't agree four or five of us before allies appointment very accurately predicted how a Holloway reign would go. It was, and perhaps rightly, not appreciated by many posters but every concern raised has come home to roost. I have tried to stay out of the second round of debates about Ollie as I made my views clear first time round and did not want to highjack threads.

But from stupid threads praising him after initial few wins it's becoming clearer and clearer more fans are not impressed with him. It was obvious from Norwich it was going be disaster playing 10men for over 90mins and crawling over the line because he took best player off that day, his reasoning for this he wanted to see how the team played without player that was dictating the game in our favour!!!!! What logic is that and evidence he was tinkering from day one

As have always said like him he's good guy but he's a poor poor manager as we're seeing and suspect this will be his last managerial role in football. Long ball football, which is his stock position, in the main has gone we're going backwards

Comment

Working...
                                X