Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cjskinz
    replied
    Tony Fernandes trusted Mark Hughes and Harry Redknapp - two established top flight managers. He gave them resources to make this a competitive club. They did not/could not do it.

Tony Fernandes then implemented a DoF - Les Ferdinand - to make sure this silly spending stopped, as well as appeasing fans by bringing back a legend (who had all the qualifications needed to perform the role)

This DoF, we assume, had a large say in appointing Chris Ramsey who by all accounts the players very much liked and Les knew him well and had worked together before so there was a good working relationship there. Then JFH was brought in, after the fans had been crying out for an up and coming manager. Again, didn't work out.

Lee Hoos also brought in to cut spending in all other aspects of the football club. The man had just done a very successful job at Burnely.

Football was barely being played and atmosphere was worse at Loftus Road than it had ever been. At least when Bosingwa was playing there was so much passion/hate towards him it created something in the stadium. Under JFH, there was nothing. Just nothing.

Ian Holloway brought in to get atmosphere back, appease fans after having to watch sh*t football under JFH. Also a man who has spend the last 18 months studying championship teams, with previous experience of getting out of this division.

What exactly do people want from the club? Spend money / don't spend money. Young up + coming manager / experienced manager. Promotion / build a good foundation.

Looks to me they've found a middle ground. Spending a bit of money, with a middle aged manager with experience but unfortunately we aren't where we should be in the league

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied
    Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
    Just over 30 years ago we had bigger home attendances than Chelsea.
    What you mean from 1987 backwards we have always had bigger crowds than chelsea, or do you mean for one season?

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Sorry, just now saw that.
    Regarding us going only backwards during Tony, I don't fully agree. I think we had just one good (wonder) season in 15 years before Tony. There were no established success at all.
    Agree with that actually mate. But Fernandes raised expectation when he came along and got his cheque book out. I don't think that we as fans have ever got over that.

The thing that bothers me a bit is that if Fernandes hadn't have shown up, then the club appeared to in the process of being bought by Amit and the Mittals. It's touched upon in The 4 Year Plan. For me, Amit is the one guy we've had in that Boardroom in the last decade (perhaps longer), who's had his head screwed on right and had the best interests of the club at heart.

Leave a comment:

• West London is Rss
    replied
    Football owners should ALWAYS be open to criticism, no matter how nice, no matter how much good will they have when spending their money.

We are paying customers and we should criticize and have an opinion if we don't think they are spending it rightly.

This ain't just down to Holloway or the manager anymore, eventually you have to start to look higher up the chain as to why bad decisions are continually being made.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Fernandes is the owner and shareholder. Club has gone backwards due to CEO, DF and management team. On the face of it, most of his appointments were decent but they haven't worked out. I think it's pretty harsh to criticize Tony. Yes, we have gone backwards but he's lost a heck of a lot of money doing it. And he continues to try to listen and spend money again. THe problem has been the people he has hired. I think he's been too loyal to some of his managers. Why not just sack them until we find the right one? Why do we need to give them a transfer window when they're clearly not up to it.
    See, I don't want Fernandes to keep throwing money at it.

My gripe is about poor management of club affairs. You can point at luck and things just not working out as much as you want. But anyone who has ever been successful will tell you that luck is pretty closely linked to hard work and doing things right. I just think we get far too much wrong and have done consistently throughout Fernandes' tenure.

Leave a comment:

• Timmy the Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Exactly my point.

We've spent 5 years going backwards under Fernandes when we should have been using the investment to make up ground on the likes of Chelsea. Let's be honest, they are only where they are right now cos of huge investment for Ken Bates, followed by Mathew Harding, followed by Roman Abramovich.
    Sorry, just now saw that.
    Regarding us going only backwards during Tony, I don't fully agree. I think we had just one good (wonder) season in 15 years before Tony. There were no established success at all.

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied
    Exactly my point.

We've spent 5 years going backwards under Fernandes when we should have been using the investment to make up ground on the likes of Chelsea. Let's be honest, they are only where they are right now cos of huge investment for Ken Bates, followed by Mathew Harding, followed by Roman Abramovich.
    Fernandes is the owner and shareholder. Club has gone backwards due to CEO, DF and management team. On the face of it, most of his appointments were decent but they haven't worked out. I think it's pretty harsh to criticize Tony. Yes, we have gone backwards but he's lost a heck of a lot of money doing it. And he continues to try to listen and spend money again. THe problem has been the people he has hired. I think he's been too loyal to some of his managers. Why not just sack them until we find the right one? Why do we need to give them a transfer window when they're clearly not up to it.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Exactly my point.

Leave a comment:

• Timmy the Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Just saying we aint that bad off.
    Bigger clubs than us like Ipswich would love to of had our last ten years.
    Yeah we can strive to be Chelsea (Apple) and Liverpool (Coca Cola) etc, but we have to remember we are QPR (Lidl).

Leave a comment:

• West London is Rss
    replied
    Bar the one play-off season where we had a hell of an experienced well paid squad assembled by HR - in a promotion or bust season; we have steadily been going backwards since the owners came in. Flavio sold us to a lovely bloke with a bit of bob who saw the bright lights, PR and money of the premier league to enhance his business and reputation across the globe. He knew and still knows sweet F A about football, yet is still very much involved with the running of a football club. On top of that he's put a geezer in charge for when he and the co-owner isn't around who also has never run a football club nor a business.

I admire the optimism but the proof is pretty damning - in what world do we live in where we think this failure of a regime will all of a sudden get us back to the promise lands on a now mere shoestring of a budget. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they have quite literally farked us for the next 10 years where we will be yo yo-ing between lower table Champ and league 1. All due to them p155ing any investment money they had when they got here, up the wall, in the space of 3 years...
    Last edited by West London is Rss; 25-04-2017, 03:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    The thing is, i think we are all quietly confident we are only a pardew or pearson away from being back in the premiership.
    Im certain we will be back soon.
    You really think that?

Despite the fact we have steadily been going backwards in terms of league position throughout the Fernandes era?

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    The thing is, i think we are all quietly confident we are only a pardew or pearson away from being back in the premiership.
    Need a well balanced squad to get out of this league and that ain't gonna happen with one egotistical managerial appointment.

3 years minimum before we are close to promotion.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied
    Fair enough.

I'd just like to see us strive to be a bit better. If we are content being a small, badly run club then that is all we will ever be.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Hoos simply does what the board and Les tell him, which is fair enough but the only wonders he's worked is implementing flawed policy. He cuts according to their cloth. Interestingly his exit from Leicester coincided with the start of ther march to glory.
    Hoos left Leicester in May 2011....3 years before they even got out of the Championship

But dont let facts get in the way of having a pop at our backroom staff......

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Im only on about since Unc got here.
    Fair enough.

I'd just like to see us strive to be a bit better. If we are content being a small, badly run club then that is all we will ever be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X