Holloway Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
    He will probably play them out of position!!.
    Who is he playing out of position exactly? Except Grant Hall where it is working perfectly?
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• I find all this " trying out different things" absolutely garbage, he not trying new things is he, he just playing same old hit the big man football. Trying new things is testing out youngsters, the reserve keeper , seeing if a players can play other rolls, he just putting an 11 out on the park when it goes wrong takes of the left back or right back putting manning to left back and we finish with 4 forwards all having a bundle for the goal . Yes last 5 great not on 60-70 mark . This is not tinkering this is not a clue . Also to various comments about being safe , so they easing up ollovks to that , if so then he should be sacked for treating us with contempt, he tells us too take it on the chin yea thanks Ian been doing that since you returned mate . He a Freud the David Brent of football talks for ages and in the end people stop listening. Take Reading game great performance great night but he comes out and ##### of Sylla, why do that cause he can't help himself , the hall comment this week ffs so if he don't play we screwed how about you think of something else mate . People say not another change but why have someone who useless if you employed someone at your work who was great at the interview but rubbish you would say thank you but it not working out . I read but what he done in the past yes he was good but Kenny jacket and the scout Mel ( last name escapes me) done just as much infact they left in 2004 and that when the promotion push wobbled , what he doing know is just like the end of his reign I remember Leeds away. 6 debuts all loans bignot in midfield polish fella at rb Langley out wide , and remember this is a man who went touting for Leicester and wolves job when he knew he been worked out .

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Good run of 3 wins and a draw followed by a loss a win then another losing streak.
        Just on a point if fact, it was actually 5 wins, a draw and a loss.

It's still highly unlikely we'll go down but IF we do then LF and IH would have to go because both their positions would be untenable, and any strong Chairman would be able to clearly see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Just on a point if fact, the good run was actually 5 wins, a draw and a loss.

It's still highly unlikely we go down but IF we do then LF and IH would have to go because both their positions would be untenable, and any strong Chairman would be able to clearly see that.
          We won't go down Stan so no need to even mention it, unless you want a fiver on a 100-1 shot
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• I can't see us winning another game and then it's down to Blackburn winning both of their games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Just on a point if fact, it was actually 5 wins, a draw and a loss.

It's still highly unlikely we'll go down but IF we do then LF and IH would have to go because both their positions would be untenable, and any strong Chairman would be able to clearly see that.

Do you consider our current chairman to be the "strong" type Stan?
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• It would take a brave man to not make any changes, if we end up with 7 or 8 defeats on the spin, which is a very real possibility as Forest have beaten Reading and Brighton in recent weeks, so they are not the side from earlier this season. I still honestly don't think we will get relegated as I don't believe Blackburn will win both their games but we really shouldn't have given them a scooby of a chance in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  Do you consider our current chairman to be the "strong" type Stan?
                  Hits, I don't think he's been ruthless enough when he's needed to be in the past in regard to allowing agents and fans to over-influence his decisions. Whether or not he's learn't from his mistakes thus far very much remains to be seen. As far as I'm concerned the jury is very much out on TF as far as his running of the club since he took over 6 years ago, by simple virtue of the fact that we've made no progress in all that time. It's all very well being a nice guy, listening to the fans and having the club's best interests at heart but that all amounts to nothing if you're not doing due diligence on who you appoint to advise you and who you appoint to run and manage the club.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    We've been very lucky in my view to have the owner that we do.
                    But the fact is six years later we're below where we were when he started. That might just be acceptable if he'd spent zilch, but in fact eyewatering amounts have gone in and we're stllshite. The liability may not be the club's but the credibility of anyone who can pissthat lot up the wall only to find himself further down the table must be in question.

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    Yeah I agree on staff but you mean from CEO (hoos) down to coaching staff. It's fernandes who hires the CEO and DoF I think. Others will be hired by DoF and manager etc. Cutting costs is pretty easy but picking right staff to take us forward that is difficult. That's why whilst some put hoos and Les as the dream team, I think they are bang average.
                    TF / board have the final say.

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    What utter nonsense!
                    With 8 games and 24 points left to play for Ollie should not just switch off or allow the players to. That is totally unprofessional and exactly what those with a losing mediocre mentality do.
                    Correct. And if you watch that Rotherham game back you'll see how poor we were for long stretches, the writing was on the wall. They were absoluetly shambolic. Never mind formations and experiments, we are not covering the basics as previously stated and that really does bother me.

Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
                    just like the end of his reign I remember Leeds away. 6 debuts all loans bignot in midfield polish fella at rb Langley out wide , and remember this is a man who went touting for Leicester and wolves job when he knew he been worked out .
                    Also correct. Rose tints obscure the reality of what actually happened. This was another fvcked appointment sadly. I don't think we'll go down, but we'll still be stuck with comedians in the boardroom and the dugout.

Comment

• His credibility may have gone down but think we can live with that. His employees should take the blame more though.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        But the fact is six years later we're below where we were when he started. That might just be acceptable if he'd spent zilch, but in fact eyewatering amounts have gone in and we're stllshite. The liability may not be the club's but the credibility of anyone who can pissthat lot up the wall only to find himself further down the table must be in question.

TF / board have the final say.

Correct. And if you watch that Rotherham game back you'll see how poor we were for long stretches, the writing was on the wall. They were absoluetly shambolic. Never mind formations and experiments, we are not covering the basics as previously stated and that really does bother me.

Also correct. Rose tints obscure the reality of what actually happened. This was another fvcked appointment sadly. I don't think we'll go down, but we'll still be stuck with comedians in the boardroom and the dugout.
                        Not bothered at all that we are lower in the league than when TF started, i havent got any monetary shares in the club. Its not a business to me its a hobby, a pleasure. League status is just a state of mind to me, doesnt affect my life.
                        Obviously id love us to be a stable prem side but im still really happy with the play off final and the few years we had in the premiership.
                        Still got every belief the chairman and his benevolent funding will take us back there, so cant find it in my heart to call him names as im still very grateful, and in my half a century of supporting rangers, his tenure has been the best by far for me.
                        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 27-04-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Not bothered at all that we are lower in the league than when TF started, i havent got any monetary shares in the club. Its not a business to me its a hobby, a pleasure. League status is just a state of mind to me, doesnt affect my life.
                          Obviously id love us to be a stable prem side but im still happy with the play off final and the few years we had in the premiership.
                          Still got every belief the chairman and his benevolent funding will take us back there.
                          Tend to agree but just such a shame the most recent managerial appointment has been such a predictable fark up. Will be stuck with Ollie next year which will mean another disappointing and wasted season at a time where I feel our squad is only a few players away from being decent and it has been a while since I felt that. Can see a few leaving in the summer as well given current manager.

Gotta love Ollie in a way but I so wish he had not been brought back. No idea what the club was thinking.

Comment

• No fox i must admit, i do think holloway was definitley a twitter appointment.
                            All we can do is hope and pray hes still got one more promotion in him and next year will be a swashbuckling one.

Comment

• Is Ollie a well paid manager? I wonder because he could have been appointed because he was a cheap option.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                Is Ollie a well paid manager? I wonder because he could have been appointed because he was a cheap option.
                                At his standard they all get about the same. Its an open book and they all know what to ask for.
                                He was hired to bring back club unity not to save money imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X