• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    The DoG is Director of Garbage
    Clever.

Leave a comment:

• Macca
    replied
    “I’ve Learnt The Hard Way”: Tony Fernandes On Football Fandom And Attempting To Build The New QPR http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/882718699?-294:802:0

Looks like he has not learnt his lesson believes Holloway is the man to get us promoted God help us.
    Last edited by Macca; 25-04-2017, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    No, 5 in 26 ain't. Maybe there were others i've missed?

Regardless the results tell the true story.
    There might have been one or two more half decent performances but by and large they have ranged from dreadful poor mediocre or just plain shambolical. This just about sums him up as a manager and tactician in my view. Every now and then he might have a half decent run. How he ever won promotion to the premiership with Backpool and Palace I do not understand.

As some have said already, anyone else would have been hounded out by now.

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied
    Reading, Newcastle, Brighton, Wigan, Leeds were all excellent team performances. We also managed to win a couple playing poorly, which is a good sign i reckon.

Though, I do wonder now if he really was trying out new players or if he thought it was the best way to beat that team, and got lucky/unlucky before and after the break. There were a decent amount of changes in both runs.

QPR should not be anywhere near the drop you are right.

The current team is lacking so much on the pitch, especially when the players have the ability to fill much of those areas that are lacking.

He doesn't know his best 11.

Either way, Ollie is here for the next two games barring a meltdown in the back office.

So yeah, i do hope we win the next two games 3-0 with convincing performances, but kinda think i shouldn't hold my breath, and that writing be on the wall eh.
    Wigan wasn't. We were quite lucky in that one

Leave a comment:

• topperharley
    replied
    5 good games in 26 is not really a good sign.

Yes, he is likely to be here for the remaining fixtures, but quite fittingly Norwich should be his last game as it was his first in this shambolic spell.
    No, 5 in 26 ain't. Maybe there were others i've missed?

Regardless the results tell the true story.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Reading, Newcastle, Brighton, Wigan, Leeds were all excellent team performances. We also managed to win a couple playing poorly, which is a good sign i reckon.

Though, I do wonder now if he really was trying out new players or if he thought it was the best way to beat that team, and got lucky/unlucky before and after the break. There were a decent amount of changes in both runs.

The current team is lacking so much on the pitch, especially when the players have the ability to fill much of those areas that are lacking.

Either way, Ollie is here for the next two games barring a meltdown in the back office.

So yeah, i do hope we win the next two games 3-0 with convincing performances, but kinda think i shouldn't hold my breath, and that writing be on the wall eh.
    5 good games in 26 is not really a good sign.

Yes, he is likely to be here for the remaining fixtures, but quite fittingly Norwich should be his last game as it was his first in this shambolic spell.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
    But the point is the season ISN'T/wasn't over until we are safe - messing around with the team is same old Holloway. Him thinking we're safe is just another mistake.
    Unfortunately some fans and the headless chicken manager think it is over.

Perhaps those fans don't think that Blackburn can beat Villa or Birmingham cannot beat Huddersfield on Saturday , but they can.
    Blackburn have beaten Newcastle twice and Burton recently won at Huddersfield, so these strange results DO happen.
    Holloway was mostly crap as QPR manager at this level before and is again now.

Both he and Les need to go before this club can either think of going forward.
    The latter has seen the club relegated from the Premiership and heading downwards from the day he came in as an advisor and then Director of football.
    His managerial appointments and. some. player recruitment have been a disaster.

Leave a comment:

• topperharley
    replied
    I'm not sure what you have seen to say he can do it , but the team has no real shape or pattern of play and his constant tinkering suggests he doesn't know his best 11 or formation.
    As pointed out elsewhere, his messing around when not mathematically clear is unprofessional.

Like others, I said he would be the wrong appointment when he was linked to the post and now can only hope that QPR can beat Forest or Birmingham and Blackburn lose on Saturday, so that relegation is avoided.
    The truth is that QPR should not be anywhere near the drop with this squad.

I think he should be playing a 442 with them.

Luongo should be the holding Midfielder and partnered with either Manning or Freeman

.Wyszolek and Lua. Lua or Freeman on the wings and Sylla with Washington up front.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Martinel View Post
    Am struggling to understand how anyone can say (at this point) we're safe and the seasons over. The complacency and or arrogance of the Club and Holloway in assuming we were safe and making multiple team changes was misplaced and could still take us down. And people are still swallowing the building for next season line. Really ? What has IH done since November for any of us to assume he can take the Club forward ? His decision making and game plan are flawed , his selections mystifying and his attitude /comments borderline deluded. He has just lost six games on the spin for the second time and still some defend him . If it wasn't IH would we be so supportive?

Personally with Hits on this. DoF has now three failed appointments. Unlucky or incompetent ?? Time to get rid and end this nonsense.

As for IH I just don't see how with a likely limited budget and a nucleus of the same players he can take us forward next season .This is now a sad and some would say utterly predictable position - a consequence of a flawed appointment policy and the way this Club is run. He was a Sky pundit and ex football manager for a reason . What made him the right man for the job ? Ferdinand please tell us.
    Hallelujah.
    Its a pity that we can't have a Forum with IH, LF and TF at the end of this miserable season to ascertain what the hell is going on.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    He turned us down.

I still, despite this woeful run, am happy with Ollie.

I WANTED CLEMENT FIRST,

ROWETT SECOND,

but given what else was available, Ollie is fine.

I've still seen enough to know that he can do it. But this 6 defeats on the bounce thing, twice, is hard to swallow.
    I'm not sure what you have seen to say he can do it , but the team has no real shape or pattern of play and his constant tinkering suggests he doesn't know his best 11 or formation.
    As pointed out elsewhere, his messing around when not mathematically clear is unprofessional.

Like others, I said he would be the wrong appointment when he was linked to the post and now can only hope that QPR can beat Forest or Birmingham and Blackburn lose on Saturday, so that relegation is avoided.
    The truth is that QPR should not be anywhere near the drop with this squad.

I think he should be playing a 442 with them.

Luongo should be the holding Midfielder and partnered with either Manning or Freeman

.Wyszolek and Lua. Lua or Freeman on the wings and Sylla with Washington up front.

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Hoos left Leicester in May 2011....3 years before they even got out of the Championship
    He left just before Pearson's successful reign, having presided over the Sven saga....... He then went to Burnley, who eventually got promoted and promptly relegated from the EPL.

Mind you TF's previous selection as chief executive was even worse ;)

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Running a football club is so different and a total minefield and only a few ever make any money or reach constant sucess.
    Correct, a point I've made a few times over the years. Success in business brings absolutely no guarantee of success on the park. As it happens TF's success as a businessman was very much boosted by serious state investment in the airline, but frankly at this point who cares ? We are where we are.

No one has ever doubted his enthusiasm, but as we now all know re Ollie enthusiasm is no substitute for common sense.

Leave a comment:

• topperharley
    replied
    It's starting to degenerate should have shut up.

OIOI

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
    What's his dog done Stanis?
    The DoG is Director of Garbage

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
    If anyone does fancy us to get relegated you can get 66/1. Just saying
    I hope to lose it, but I put a tenner on that 2 days ago.

Leave a comment:

• Hove Ranger
    replied
    What's his dog done Stanis?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X