Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    Ahh, the past again.

Suppose he can make as many shocking decisions as he wants because of that play-off final...

One right, does not make up for dozens of wrongs IMO.
    we also stayed up 1 year. Mark hughes was seen as a good manager for us.........harry again was seen as a good choice. It's decisions since then that have annoyed me more.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      Ahh, the past again.

Suppose he can make as many shocking decisions as he wants because of that play-off final...

One right, does not make up for dozens of wrongs IMO.
      I hope for a good future as well cos i dont like to live my minds eye in misery. Causes depression imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        Obviously really hope we get the results we need but makes me laugh how quiet you went when we went on those good runs lol, you disappeared completely, tickled me now back to youre moaning best! come on ollie and the boys sort it out then we can relax and look forward to a good season hopefully in the champilnship
        That's because I am not fickle enough to come on here and praise him for a good little spell because I knew what was coming.

How you can still come on here to defend him and think he will come good makes me laugh .

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
          Weve been losing since the tinkering started ,what Ollie is guilty of is not waiting till there were more points on the table till he started messing about. If we do go down ,he will have to carry the can ,but i dont believe we will , and when we dont , hopefully all this team changing etc will stand us in good stead for a top half finish next season .
          When we stay up ,ollie should definitely be given the close season to put his ideas in place and change what he considers needs to be changed ( what he has learnt from the tinkering this season ) , then we can judge him by Christmas next season . Last thing we need (when we do stay up )is a new manager and to start from scratch again. Less drama would be nice.
          We never do anything the easy way .
          Yes, give him until Christmas or so , like we did with Hughes, Ramsay & JFH. we do that and we end up in the same mess we find ourselves in every season.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            Yes, give him until Christmas or so , like we did with Hughes, Ramsay & JFH. we do that and we end up in the same mess we find ourselves in every season.
            Shouldn't knock people for trying to have a little faith
            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

How you can still come on here to defend him and think he will come good makes me laugh .
              Why not? He's been on a good run after 6 losses before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                I can sum it up very simply. Ollie is not a good manager, Les is not a good DoF and TF is not a good chairman.
                Yep, bang on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Why not? He's been on a good run after 6 losses before.
                  Good run of 3 wins and a draw followed by a loss a win then another losing streak.
                  Same story as before with him at QPR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                    Shouldn't knock people for trying to have a little faith
                    Why not? Its that same old blind faith that keeps this type of season being a groundhog day.

Rather than rushing in to appoint Holloway on the 2 and a half year deal, Ferdinand should have continued searching for a better option.

Comment

Why not? Its that same old blind faith that keeps this type of season being a groundhog day.

Rather than rushing in to appoint Holloway on the 2 and a half year deal, Ferdinand should have continued searching for a better option.
                      Well we can all go round and round all we like arguing this point and that but..Holloway is here, and barring anything catastrophic, he's here to stay. As is Fernandes, as
                      is Ferdinand.

Fed up of feeling despondent about my club so I'm just gonna try and enjoy it

Comment

Anyone remember when we were using collection buckets to keep this club alive?

Eughhhhhhh a chairman who spends his hard earned money on us and clearly just trying to do the right thing! Get him away!

I can get the hate put towards managers, and i understand people's frustration with how things have gone but come on, the bloke is not a malicious person, or in this to line his pockets. He just wants the club to succeed. You've got to back someone at least otherwise there's no point...
                        I'm not having a dig at Fernandes to get him out and appreciate his efforts, but lets be honest here, his record is not good.
                        He is making poor decisions with appointments.

Ferdinand is a a very poor Director of football. I would hazard a guess that he had a hand in not spending money in the January window when QPR got relegated. QPR were supposedly close to buying Defoe earlier in August so why not in January?

Who appointed Ramsay to keep them up? Did they not recall what happened at Wolves with Connor. It was not unlikely that the same would happen at QPR. Many of us said it at the time.

Its my view that to let him carry on in his job is a huge error from Fernandes.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                          Spot on!
                          Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          I don't agree with this remember when we were collecting buckets argument. That should never be used as an excuse to accept the current failings whatsoever - it's in the past.

How many wrong decisions and failings does it have to take for the majority of people to question things behind the scenes?
                          Will it always and forever be, 'oh well he's spending his hard earned money so lets just continually accept it and say 'unlucky Tony, here's a pint' after every bad decision'.
                          In any other walk of life, business, politics etc. if bad decisions get made and success isn't delivered, people get questioned and change is considered. Even more so when us as supporters are investing OUR hard earned money to see success or at least progress.

We all want the club to succeed but it doesn't mean we can't question the powers that be when they make the club look like a circus.
                          Well said.

Comment

I'm not having a dig at Fernandes to get him out and appreciate his efforts, but lets be honest here, his record is not good.

Ferdinand is a a very poor Director of football. I would hazard a guess that he had a hand in not spending money in the January window when QPR got relegated. QPR were supposedly close to buying Defoe earlier in August so why not in January?

Who appointed Ramsay to keep them up? Did they not recall what happened at Wolves with Connor. It was not unlikely that the same would happen at QPR. Many of us said it at the time.

Would you have said Hughes was a poor appointment at the time or Redknapp? Would you have said buying proven premiership players who know the division was a bad idea? No. He has been horribly unlucky and as he said when you hire someone you expect them to give it their all which did not happen.

Ferdinand has not been great by any means I agree. However, we've made profits on player sales like Chery & Polter. Smithies and Luongo were fantastic buys. Washington was not. All swings and roundabouts. Not every signing at every club will be a hit.

Redknapp was rightly refused to spend any more money. He was a joke. The way he reacted afterwards meant he shouldn't have been at the football club anyway. Saying that, Defoe probably would have kept us up. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. As far as we could tell it was him throwing another load of money at an old player he liked.

Have previously said I thought the Ramsey thing was a bad move form Ferdinand.

But I'm getting confused, who do people want out now? Ferndandes Ferdinand and Holloway? That's a sure fire way of destroying a club

Comment

Would you have said Hughes was a poor appointment at the time or Redknapp? Would you have said buying proven premiership players who know the division was a bad idea? No. He has been horribly unlucky and as he said when you hire someone you expect them to give it their all which did not happen.

Ferdinand has not been great by any means I agree. However, we've made profits on player sales like Chery & Polter. Smithies and Luongo were fantastic buys. Washington was not. All swings and roundabouts. Not every signing at every club will be a hit.

Redknapp was rightly refused to spend any more money. He was a joke. The way he reacted afterwards meant he shouldn't have been at the football club anyway. Saying that, Defoe probably would have kept us up. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. As far as we could tell it was him throwing another load of money at an old player he liked.

Have previously said I thought the Ramsey thing was a bad move form Ferdinand.

But I'm getting confused, who do people want out now? Ferndandes Ferdinand and Holloway? That's a sure fire way of destroying a club
                              Getting rid of employees (ferdinand and ollie) doesn't destroy a club.

Comment

I like TF but admittedly he has made some mistakes. The first one of those was appointing Beard and the second one was the strategy of signing out of contract players in order to avoid signing fee. Regarding managers I have backed every decision we have made except sacking of Harry, appointing Ramsey and appointing Ollie. I wouldn't be sorry if we sacked Les thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X