X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James1979
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Six games ago we were all sh it ting roses.

Fickle world of football.
    I am quite rash I have to admit. But then, I don't think that making sweeping changes to the coaching staff makes all that difference. We've tried to be consistent and keep managers in for a while, why not just go back to the flavio way?

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied
    When we win we are crap.
    When we lose we are even crapper.

And we could soon be in the crapper!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I wasn't.

I was shot down for loads on here for sticking to my guns and saying Ollie wasn't the best man for the job. I also pointed out on a load of occasions that we weren't as good a side as our winning run might have suggested.
    When we win we are crap.
    When we lose we are even crapper.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied

I wasn't.

I was shot down for loads on here for sticking to my guns and saying Ollie wasn't the best man for the job. I also pointed out on a load of occasions that we weren't as good a side as our winning run might have suggested.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Yeah I agree on staff but you mean from CEO (hoos) down to coaching staff. It's fernandes who hires the CEO and DoF I think. Others will be hired by DoF and manager etc. Cutting costs is pretty easy but picking right staff to take us forward that is difficult. That's why whilst some put hoos and Les as the dream team, I think they are bang average.
    Hoos is the only one that I think serves a purpose as it goes mate!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied
    When I say "a hole", I don't specifically mean a financial hole. I was more referring to making the same mistakes and not moving forward.

I agree that financially we have smartened up a lot. Unfortunately this has lead to a period of austerity. In a perfect world, you would have taken what Fernandes spent in his first 2 years, spread it over 5 years and that may have actually worked.

My major concern is that we still can't seem to make smart decisions when it comes to staff. With the wrong people in charge we will continue to under achieve. I don't see anyone at the club that I feel is particularly competent, from Fernandes down to Ollie and his coaching team.
    Yeah I agree on staff but you mean from CEO (hoos) down to coaching staff. It's fernandes who hires the CEO and DoF I think. Others will be hired by DoF and manager etc. Cutting costs is pretty easy but picking right staff to take us forward that is difficult. That's why whilst some put hoos and Les as the dream team, I think they are bang average.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    And these agents fees are being reduced. We have cut costs significantly. Tony and board are funding the shortfall required. Why is that a hole? They tried to buy success and it failed but they are paying for it.

DoF - difficult to argue with. However, this is partly due to cries of people wanting "QPR men" in as they "understand us". All rubbish of course. I would sack them all and bring some people with a) experience and b) who are actually good at their job.
    When I say "a hole", I don't specifically mean a financial hole. I was more referring to making the same mistakes and not moving forward.

I agree that financially we have smartened up a lot. Unfortunately this has lead to a period of austerity. In a perfect world, you would have taken what Fernandes spent in his first 2 years, spread it over 5 years and that may have actually worked.

My major concern is that we still can't seem to make smart decisions when it comes to staff. With the wrong people in charge we will continue to under achieve. I don't see anyone at the club that I feel is particularly competent, from Fernandes down to Ollie and his coaching team.

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied
    Have you seen how much we are still shelling out to agents in installments from deals done years ago? We had the highest agency expenditure in the Championship last season.

We also have a DoF with no experience in a similar role, who has had very limited success with our club in the 2 seasons plus that he has been here. We have an incompetent manager and a million and one hangers on like Andy Sinton who are on the payroll and add zero value. Despite a 250m investment over the last 5 seasons, we are clinging on to Championship survival by the skin of our teeth, and the fans are unhappy again.

What is good about the way our club is managed?
    And these agents fees are being reduced. We have cut costs significantly. Tony and board are funding the shortfall required. Why is that a hole? They tried to buy success and it failed but they are paying for it.

DoF - difficult to argue with. However, this is partly due to cries of people wanting "QPR men" in as they "understand us". All rubbish of course. I would sack them all and bring some people with a) experience and b) who are actually good at their job.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Why are we in a hole off the pitch? Last set of accounts would say that costs have come down significantly and we have minimal external debt.
    Have you seen how much we are still shelling out to agents in installments from deals done years ago? We had the highest agency expenditure in the Championship last season.

We also have a DoF with no experience in a similar role, who has had very limited success with our club in the 2 seasons plus that he has been here. We have an incompetent manager and a million and one hangers on like Andy Sinton who are on the payroll and add zero value. Despite a 250m investment over the last 5 seasons, we are clinging on to Championship survival by the skin of our teeth, and the fans are unhappy again.

What is good about the way our club is managed?

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied
    We need financial support because we are still paying a fortune in legacy costs as a result of years of poor management. I don't doubt that we need support from board level to keep operating at the level we currently are.

The point I am trying to make is that if we do not improve as a business, we will never get out of the hole we are in.
    Why are we in a hole off the pitch? Last set of accounts would say that costs have come down significantly and we have minimal external debt.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied
    Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    I don't agree with this remember when we were collecting buckets argument. That should never be used as an excuse to accept the current failings whatsoever - it's in the past.

How many wrong decisions and failings does it have to take for the majority of people to question things behind the scenes?
    Will it always and forever be, 'oh well he's spending his hard earned money so lets just continually accept it and say 'unlucky Tony, here's a pint' after every bad decision'.
    In any other walk of life, business, politics etc. if bad decisions get made and success isn't delivered, people get questioned and change is considered. Even more so when us as supporters are investing OUR hard earned money to see success or at least progress.

We all want the club to succeed but it doesn't mean we can't question the powers that be when they make the club look like a circus.
    Maybe he should be on the fiddle like at newcastle and west ham, then if he made money out of Rangers instead of spending, you couldn't coat him off.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Also if you look at our income, it's peanuts. We need financial support just to break-even in the championship.
    We need financial support because we are still paying a fortune in legacy costs as a result of years of poor management. I don't doubt that we need support from board level to keep operating at the level we currently are.

The point I am trying to make is that if we do not improve as a business, we will never get out of the hole we are in.

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied
    Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
    Saying that, I still would give Ollie up til Christmas at least. Might invalidate any argument i've ever had but there we go lol
    Next 2 games. Put feelers out for managers that would be interested when we're safe. If you get a better option, sack Ollie. Must give new person or Ollie all of next season. No more changes at Christmas!!

Leave a comment:

• Cjskinz
    replied
    It really worries me the views of some fans towards our owners. We will have absolutely no control over the next owner. It is a massive risk. We have a good asset in west london that could be sold up. We could be run just to break even with no concern for onfield performance. People seem to think owner is like taking an opinion on our useless management team!
    Saying that, I still would give Ollie up til Christmas at least. Might invalidate any argument i've ever had but there we go lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X