Holloway Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    Whilst in principle I'd agree with that in others business's, in regards to QPR it's totally different. Uncle T hasn't just been a shareholder who has stumped up the money and let people he employs get on with it - we all know the involvement he has had with meeting the managers, signing players, being the main man who is in control and customer facing to us supporters.

What will it take for certain fans to criticise Tony and the board for his bad employment choices and decisions which impact our club so greatly?
    League 1 football, League 2 football, worse? Will fans have had enough then? Cause no doubt they'll still be season tickets going for over £500 whilst being in League 1...

Lovely bloke but he cannot run a football club.
    well we're a championship team based on fanbase, so I think we're pretty much par being in this division. If he turns all his loans into external debt, then I"d have had enough. He has not tried to make a profit out of us or tried to strip us of all our assets. He has tried to invest to take us to the next level but individuals he has hired have failed. We've been very lucky in my view to have the owner that we do.

Comment

If you're happy to continually accept and continue to make excuses for the guy then that is your prerogative. I pay too much and care too much to be able to do so.
      It's not that I don't care? And having had a season ticket for 23 years I've certainly seen a lot worse and would say I care about as much as anyone.
      I'm not happy with the recent results of course I'm not. I'm not making excuses for the people I personally think are to blame.

Most clubs have failings behind the scenes as well, but we're not close enough to the other clubs to know what they are. What are the Birmingham forums like right now? Arsenal? It's not a perfect business never will be.
      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        well we're a championship team based on fanbase, so I think we're pretty much par being in this division. If he turns all his loans into external debt, then I"d have had enough. He has not tried to make a profit out of us or tried to strip us of all our assets. He has tried to invest to take us to the next level but individuals he has hired have failed. We've been very lucky in my view to have the owner that we do.
        I give up.

Sooner or later I'm sure you'll come around and see it.

I used to be of your opinion in regards to TF and the board.

Comment

I've written essays on this forum with endless ramblings trying to say this and you've done it in 3 lines!
          Last edited by Cjskinz; 26-04-2017, 10:40 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
            I've written essays on this forum with endless ramblings trying to say this and you've done it in 3 lines!
            It really worries me the views of some fans towards our owners. We will have absolutely no control over the next owner. It is a massive risk. We have a good asset in west london that could be sold up. We could be run just to break even with no concern for onfield performance. People seem to think owner is like taking an opinion on our useless management team!

Comment

• Also if you look at our income, it's peanuts. We need financial support just to break-even in the championship.

Comment

It really worries me the views of some fans towards our owners. We will have absolutely no control over the next owner. It is a massive risk. We have a good asset in west london that could be sold up. We could be run just to break even with no concern for onfield performance. People seem to think owner is like taking an opinion on our useless management team!
                Saying that, I still would give Ollie up til Christmas at least. Might invalidate any argument i've ever had but there we go lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                  Saying that, I still would give Ollie up til Christmas at least. Might invalidate any argument i've ever had but there we go lol
                  Next 2 games. Put feelers out for managers that would be interested when we're safe. If you get a better option, sack Ollie. Must give new person or Ollie all of next season. No more changes at Christmas!!

Comment

Also if you look at our income, it's peanuts. We need financial support just to break-even in the championship.
                    We need financial support because we are still paying a fortune in legacy costs as a result of years of poor management. I don't doubt that we need support from board level to keep operating at the level we currently are.

The point I am trying to make is that if we do not improve as a business, we will never get out of the hole we are in.

Comment

I don't agree with this remember when we were collecting buckets argument. That should never be used as an excuse to accept the current failings whatsoever - it's in the past.

How many wrong decisions and failings does it have to take for the majority of people to question things behind the scenes?
                      Will it always and forever be, 'oh well he's spending his hard earned money so lets just continually accept it and say 'unlucky Tony, here's a pint' after every bad decision'.
                      In any other walk of life, business, politics etc. if bad decisions get made and success isn't delivered, people get questioned and change is considered. Even more so when us as supporters are investing OUR hard earned money to see success or at least progress.

We all want the club to succeed but it doesn't mean we can't question the powers that be when they make the club look like a circus.
                      Maybe he should be on the fiddle like at newcastle and west ham, then if he made money out of Rangers instead of spending, you couldn't coat him off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        We need financial support because we are still paying a fortune in legacy costs as a result of years of poor management. I don't doubt that we need support from board level to keep operating at the level we currently are.

The point I am trying to make is that if we do not improve as a business, we will never get out of the hole we are in.
                        Why are we in a hole off the pitch? Last set of accounts would say that costs have come down significantly and we have minimal external debt.

Comment

Why are we in a hole off the pitch? Last set of accounts would say that costs have come down significantly and we have minimal external debt.
                          Have you seen how much we are still shelling out to agents in installments from deals done years ago? We had the highest agency expenditure in the Championship last season.

We also have a DoF with no experience in a similar role, who has had very limited success with our club in the 2 seasons plus that he has been here. We have an incompetent manager and a million and one hangers on like Andy Sinton who are on the payroll and add zero value. Despite a 250m investment over the last 5 seasons, we are clinging on to Championship survival by the skin of our teeth, and the fans are unhappy again.

What is good about the way our club is managed?

Comment

Have you seen how much we are still shelling out to agents in installments from deals done years ago? We had the highest agency expenditure in the Championship last season.

We also have a DoF with no experience in a similar role, who has had very limited success with our club in the 2 seasons plus that he has been here. We have an incompetent manager and a million and one hangers on like Andy Sinton who are on the payroll and add zero value. Despite a 250m investment over the last 5 seasons, we are clinging on to Championship survival by the skin of our teeth, and the fans are unhappy again.

What is good about the way our club is managed?
                            And these agents fees are being reduced. We have cut costs significantly. Tony and board are funding the shortfall required. Why is that a hole? They tried to buy success and it failed but they are paying for it.

DoF - difficult to argue with. However, this is partly due to cries of people wanting "QPR men" in as they "understand us". All rubbish of course. I would sack them all and bring some people with a) experience and b) who are actually good at their job.

Comment

And these agents fees are being reduced. We have cut costs significantly. Tony and board are funding the shortfall required. Why is that a hole? They tried to buy success and it failed but they are paying for it.

DoF - difficult to argue with. However, this is partly due to cries of people wanting "QPR men" in as they "understand us". All rubbish of course. I would sack them all and bring some people with a) experience and b) who are actually good at their job.
                              When I say "a hole", I don't specifically mean a financial hole. I was more referring to making the same mistakes and not moving forward.

I agree that financially we have smartened up a lot. Unfortunately this has lead to a period of austerity. In a perfect world, you would have taken what Fernandes spent in his first 2 years, spread it over 5 years and that may have actually worked.

My major concern is that we still can't seem to make smart decisions when it comes to staff. With the wrong people in charge we will continue to under achieve. I don't see anyone at the club that I feel is particularly competent, from Fernandes down to Ollie and his coaching team.

Comment

When I say "a hole", I don't specifically mean a financial hole. I was more referring to making the same mistakes and not moving forward.

I agree that financially we have smartened up a lot. Unfortunately this has lead to a period of austerity. In a perfect world, you would have taken what Fernandes spent in his first 2 years, spread it over 5 years and that may have actually worked.

My major concern is that we still can't seem to make smart decisions when it comes to staff. With the wrong people in charge we will continue to under achieve. I don't see anyone at the club that I feel is particularly competent, from Fernandes down to Ollie and his coaching team.
                                Yeah I agree on staff but you mean from CEO (hoos) down to coaching staff. It's fernandes who hires the CEO and DoF I think. Others will be hired by DoF and manager etc. Cutting costs is pretty easy but picking right staff to take us forward that is difficult. That's why whilst some put hoos and Les as the dream team, I think they are bang average.

Comment

Working...
                                X