Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holloway Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    So uncles new direction are chest beaters and limited players who will bleed for the club.

    In other words, cheap dross to keep things ticking over until there is a verdict to the stadium and sports village plans.

    If unsuccessful in those plans, I predict a sell off.

    Either way, we will rot away for the next 2 years playing puntball.

    Just my opinion.
    The building up of the clubs resources in order to get land/housing etc was for sure the reason for buying in the first place.

    Doesn't mean we can't play decent football though. No harm in trying to get a league up and add some more value. I still 100% back not buying expensive players, 5,000,000, as a random number (how is that not expensive but these days it's peanuts), or something like that should be a ceiling.

    Management wise though, Tarbie smashed it out the park earlier, we simply don't seem to have the scope or desire to look for better management candidates.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Macca View Post
      Take your blinkers off and live in the real world it is not going to happen.
      Whats not happening ? Do you genuinely believe we are going down ?
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

      Comment


      • I really can't see us going down, but the club has serious issues. We've been overtaken by Brentford and Fulham. Credit to them, they've built their clubs correctly, something we clearly haven't done.

        Is Holloway really the issue or are the clubs problems further behind the scene? It may seem like he's making irrational decisions, but what's actually going on behind the scene? What is the root of our problems?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
          I really can't see us going down, but the club has serious issues. We've been overtaken by Brentford and Fulham. Credit to them, they've built their clubs correctly, something we clearly haven't done.

          Is Holloway really the issue or are the clubs problems further behind the scene? It may seem like he's making irrational decisions, but what's actually going on behind the scene? What is the root of our problems?
          I can sum it up very simply. Ollie is not a good manager, Les is not a good DoF and TF is not a good chairman.
          Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
          Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
            I really can't see us going down, but the club has serious issues. We've been overtaken by Brentford and Fulham. Credit to them, they've built their clubs correctly, something we clearly haven't done.

            Is Holloway really the issue or are the clubs problems further behind the scene? It may seem like he's making irrational decisions, but what's actually going on behind the scene? What is the root of our problems?
            I think this argument is always used when things aren't going well and people don't want to blame the manager. The QPR curse? Or something more sinister? If we're losing on the pitch it's down to the manager and no one else.

            Comment


            • I am sorry to say this but the club is currently a shambles.

              - Being run by clowns at the top (the most recent episode in the box set was the end of season party, they couldn't even organise that without drama and looking like a circus)
              - Holloway isn't a good enough manager for us, recent proof is in the pudding there.
              - Multiple player turnovers every season
              - High season ticket prices still to watch average players

              I believe most fans are starting to see it, and the ones that haven't as of yet will eventually see it.

              Comment


              • Anyone remember when we were using collection buckets to keep this club alive?

                Eughhhhhhh a chairman who spends his hard earned money on us and clearly just trying to do the right thing! Get him away!

                I can get the hate put towards managers, and i understand people's frustration with how things have gone but come on, the bloke is not a malicious person, or in this to line his pockets. He just wants the club to succeed. You've got to back someone at least otherwise there's no point...
                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                  Anyone remember when we were using collection buckets to keep this club alive?

                  Eughhhhhhh a chairman who spends his hard earned money on us and clearly just trying to do the right thing! Get him away!

                  I can get the hate put towards managers, and i understand people's frustration with how things have gone but come on, the bloke is not a malicious person, or in this to line his pockets. He just wants the club to succeed. You've got to back someone at least otherwise there's no point...
                  Spot on!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                    Anyone remember when we were using collection buckets to keep this club alive?

                    Eughhhhhhh a chairman who spends his hard earned money on us and clearly just trying to do the right thing! Get him away!

                    I can get the hate put towards managers, and i understand people's frustration with how things have gone but come on, the bloke is not a malicious person, or in this to line his pockets. He just wants the club to succeed. You've got to back someone at least otherwise there's no point...
                    I don't agree with this remember when we were collecting buckets argument. That should never be used as an excuse to accept the current failings whatsoever - it's in the past.

                    How many wrong decisions and failings does it have to take for the majority of people to question things behind the scenes?
                    Will it always and forever be, 'oh well he's spending his hard earned money so lets just continually accept it and say 'unlucky Tony, here's a pint' after every bad decision'.
                    In any other walk of life, business, politics etc. if bad decisions get made and success isn't delivered, people get questioned and change is considered. Even more so when us as supporters are investing OUR hard earned money to see success or at least progress.

                    We all want the club to succeed but it doesn't mean we can't question the powers that be when they make the club look like a circus.
                    Last edited by West London is Rss; 26-04-2017, 10:05 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      I don't agree with this remember when we were collecting buckets argument. That should never be used as an excuse to accept the current failings whatsoever - it's in the past.

                      How many wrong decisions and failings does it have to take for the majority of people to question things behind the scenes?
                      Will it always and forever be, 'oh well he's spending his hard earned money so lets just continually accept it and say 'unlucky Tony, here's a pint' after every bad decision'.
                      In any other walk of life, business, politics etc. if bad decisions get made and success isn't delivered, people get questioned and change is considered. Even more so when us as supporters are investing OUR hard earned money to see success or at least progress.

                      We all want the club to succeed but it doesn't mean we can't question the powers that be when they make the club look like a circus.
                      Well if comparing to a business, they are the shareholders. You can't fire the shareholders. Underperformance is due to CEO and operating managers. They get the sack. The owners just stump up the cash and ensure that business is ok going forward. They can make bad decisions on people they hire and may give high level instructions but it is the people who they have hired who have made these bad decisions. I would personally sack the whole bloody lot of them. what harm does it do? Owners then start again.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                        Anyone remember when we were using collection buckets to keep this club alive?

                        Eughhhhhhh a chairman who spends his hard earned money on us and clearly just trying to do the right thing! Get him away!

                        I can get the hate put towards managers, and i understand people's frustration with how things have gone but come on, the bloke is not a malicious person, or in this to line his pockets. He just wants the club to succeed. You've got to back someone at least otherwise there's no point...
                        Don't mistake good will for competence mate!
                        Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
                        Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                          Well if comparing to a business, they are the shareholders. You can't fire the shareholders. Underperformance is due to CEO and operating managers. They get the sack. The owners just stump up the cash and ensure that business is ok going forward. They can make bad decisions on people they hire and may give high level instructions but it is the people who they have hired who have made these bad decisions. I would personally sack the whole bloody lot of them. what harm does it do? Owners then start again.
                          Whilst in principle I'd agree with that in others business's, in regards to QPR it's totally different. Uncle T hasn't just been a shareholder who has stumped up the money and let people he employs get on with it - we all know the involvement he has had with meeting the managers, signing players, being the main man who is in control and customer facing to us supporters.

                          What will it take for certain fans to criticise Tony and the board for his bad employment choices and decisions which impact our club so greatly?
                          League 1 football, League 2 football, worse? Will fans have had enough then? Cause no doubt they'll still be season tickets going for over 500 whilst being in League 1...

                          Lovely bloke but he cannot run a football club.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            I don't agree with this remember when we were collecting buckets argument. That should never be used as an excuse to accept the current failings whatsoever - it's in the past.

                            How many wrong decisions and failings does it have to take for the majority of people to question things behind the scenes?
                            Will it always and forever be, 'oh well he's spending his hard earned money so lets just continually accept it and say 'unlucky Tony, here's a pint' after every bad decision'.
                            In any other walk of life, business, politics etc. if bad decisions get made and success isn't delivered, people get questioned and change is considered. Even more so when us as supporters are investing OUR hard earned money to see success or at least progress.

                            We all want the club to succeed but it doesn't mean we can't question the powers that be when they make the club look like a circus.
                            They are trying to rectify the situation. Just because it hasn't happened over night doesn't mean nothing is changing.

                            We don't have a superstar striker, a mercurial Moroccan or special players like that anymore. They are very rare and we were very lucky. Now the team have to get by without players like that. The managers we have have to work on an extremely limited budget.

                            Can't keep calling for the manager's heads every 6 months. Can't keep trying to get TF sacked for trying to do the right thing. Can't call for LF to be sacked for trying to bring players in that aren't premiership quality yet. Can't keep wanting Lee Hoos sacked for doing his job... Fans constantly calling for anyone's head (except when we're winning) seems more like a circus to me.

                            Previous circus was down to Briatore, Hughes, Redknapp and i will concede Les Ferdinand for the appointment of Ramsey which Tony should have stopped but again perhaps he has been too genuine and trusting of the people he employs? That's not enough for me wanting him gone to be honest

                            End of the day, Fernandes is the one paying the bills so you may as well get behind him and count yourself lucky we don't have owners like Orient, Blackburn etc
                            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              I can sum it up very simply. Ollie is not a good manager, Les is not a good DoF and TF is not a good chairman.
                              I would still like to stick with TF.
                              Never wanted Ollie here, but not sure when he should go. Now or should we give him more time?
                              Seems that we are more stabilized off the pitch after all.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                                They are trying to rectify the situation. Just because it hasn't happened over night doesn't mean nothing is changing.

                                We don't have a superstar striker, a mercurial Moroccan or special players like that anymore. They are very rare and we were very lucky. Now the team have to get by without players like that. The managers we have have to work on an extremely limited budget.

                                Can't keep calling for the manager's heads every 6 months. Can't keep trying to get TF sacked for trying to do the right thing. Can't call for LF to be sacked for trying to bring players in that aren't premiership quality yet. Can't keep wanting Lee Hoos sacked for doing his job... Fans constantly calling for anyone's head (except when we're winning) seems more like a circus to me.

                                Previous circus was down to Briatore, Hughes, Redknapp and i will concede Les Ferdinand for the appointment of Ramsey which Tony should have stopped but again perhaps he has been too genuine and trusting of the people he employs? That's not enough for me wanting him gone to be honest

                                End of the day, Fernandes is the one paying the bills so you may as well get behind him and count yourself lucky we don't have owners like Orient, Blackburn etc
                                I don't have to get behind anyone purely because they are paying the bills lad.

                                If you're happy to continually accept and continue to make excuses for the guy then that is your prerogative. I pay too much and care too much to be able to do so.

                                Whatever your view, fans as a whole cannot deny that in this tenure on more than one occasion we have looked like a circus of a club with decisions and failings aplenty from the boardroom.
                                Last edited by West London is Rss; 26-04-2017, 10:33 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X