X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
    Would you have said Hughes was a poor appointment at the time or Redknapp? Would you have said buying proven premiership players who know the division was a bad idea? No. He has been horribly unlucky and as he said when you hire someone you expect them to give it their all which did not happen.

Ferdinand has not been great by any means I agree. However, we've made profits on player sales like Chery & Polter. Smithies and Luongo were fantastic buys. Washington was not. All swings and roundabouts. Not every signing at every club will be a hit.

Redknapp was rightly refused to spend any more money. He was a joke. The way he reacted afterwards meant he shouldn't have been at the football club anyway. Saying that, Defoe probably would have kept us up. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. As far as we could tell it was him throwing another load of money at an old player he liked.

Have previously said I thought the Ramsey thing was a bad move form Ferdinand.

But I'm getting confused, who do people want out now? Ferndandes Ferdinand and Holloway? That's a sure fire way of destroying a club
    Redknapp wanted to bring in you Defoe you say he would probably have kept us but you seem concerned about his age he would still have been a sound investment bearing in mind it would have another years prem payment plus if we went down the following year another year of parachute payment but don't overlook Redknapp had also lined up Townsend aswell , those imo would definitely kept us

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Six games ago we were all sh it ting roses.

Fickle world of football.
    No, not all of us.. I have seen & recall Holloway's QPR before.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Where were QPR in the table when the managers were relieved of their posts?

Chris Ramsey - 13th
    JFH - 17th
    Proves nothing mate ! How much more of Ramsey's dross could any football fan be expected to stomach the same applies to the crap JFH served up its not a crime to expect a reasonable amount of entertainment plus's points for the not so humble entrance fee QPR charge

Leave a comment:

• Cjskinz
    replied

Chris Ramsey - 13th
    JFH - 17th
    Also need to look at players at their disposal...

Leave a comment:

• Cjskinz
    replied
    Would you have said Hughes was a poor appointment at the time or Redknapp? Would you have said buying proven premiership players who know the division was a bad idea? No. He has been horribly unlucky and as he said when you hire someone you expect them to give it their all which did not happen.

Ferdinand has not been great by any means I agree. However, we've made profits on player sales like Chery & Polter. Smithies and Luongo were fantastic buys. Washington was not. All swings and roundabouts. Not every signing at every club will be a hit.

Redknapp was rightly refused to spend any more money. He was a joke. The way he reacted afterwards meant he shouldn't have been at the football club anyway. Saying that, Defoe probably would have kept us up. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. As far as we could tell it was him throwing another load of money at an old player he liked.

But I'm getting confused, who do people want out now? Ferndandes Ferdinand and Holloway? That's a sure fire way of destroying a club
    Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Getting rid of employees (ferdinand and ollie) doesn't destroy a club.
    Getting rid of Fernandes has the potential to destroy the club

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied

Chris Ramsey - 13th
    JFH - 17th

Leave a comment:

• Timmy the Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    I'm not having a dig at Fernandes to get him out and appreciate his efforts, but lets be honest here, his record is not good.
    He is making poor decisions with appointments.

Ferdinand is a a very poor Director of football. I would hazard a guess that he had a hand in not spending money in the January window when QPR got relegated. QPR were supposedly close to buying Defoe earlier in August so why not in January?

Who appointed Ramsay to keep them up? Did they not recall what happened at Wolves with Connor. It was not unlikely that the same would happen at QPR. Many of us said it at the time.

Its my view that to let him carry on in his job is a huge error from Fernandes.
    I like TF but admittedly he has made some mistakes. The first one of those was appointing Beard and the second one was the strategy of signing out of contract players in order to avoid signing fee. Regarding managers I have backed every decision we have made except sacking of Harry, appointing Ramsey and appointing Ollie. I wouldn't be sorry if we sacked Les thought.

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied

Getting rid of employees (ferdinand and ollie) doesn't destroy a club.

Leave a comment:

• Cjskinz
    replied
    I'm not having a dig at Fernandes to get him out and appreciate his efforts, but lets be honest here, his record is not good.

Ferdinand is a a very poor Director of football. I would hazard a guess that he had a hand in not spending money in the January window when QPR got relegated. QPR were supposedly close to buying Defoe earlier in August so why not in January?

Who appointed Ramsay to keep them up? Did they not recall what happened at Wolves with Connor. It was not unlikely that the same would happen at QPR. Many of us said it at the time.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Spot on!
    Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    I don't agree with this remember when we were collecting buckets argument. That should never be used as an excuse to accept the current failings whatsoever - it's in the past.

How many wrong decisions and failings does it have to take for the majority of people to question things behind the scenes?
    Will it always and forever be, 'oh well he's spending his hard earned money so lets just continually accept it and say 'unlucky Tony, here's a pint' after every bad decision'.
    In any other walk of life, business, politics etc. if bad decisions get made and success isn't delivered, people get questioned and change is considered. Even more so when us as supporters are investing OUR hard earned money to see success or at least progress.

We all want the club to succeed but it doesn't mean we can't question the powers that be when they make the club look like a circus.
    Well said.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Anyone remember when we were using collection buckets to keep this club alive?

Eughhhhhhh a chairman who spends his hard earned money on us and clearly just trying to do the right thing! Get him away!

I can get the hate put towards managers, and i understand people's frustration with how things have gone but come on, the bloke is not a malicious person, or in this to line his pockets. He just wants the club to succeed. You've got to back someone at least otherwise there's no point...

Leave a comment:

• Cjskinz
    replied
    Why not? Its that same old blind faith that keeps this type of season being a groundhog day.

Rather than rushing in to appoint Holloway on the 2 and a half year deal, Ferdinand should have continued searching for a better option.
    Well we can all go round and round all we like arguing this point and that but..Holloway is here, and barring anything catastrophic, he's here to stay. As is Fernandes, as
    is Ferdinand.

Fed up of feeling despondent about my club so I'm just gonna try and enjoy it

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Shouldn't knock people for trying to have a little faith
    Why not? Its that same old blind faith that keeps this type of season being a groundhog day.

Rather than rushing in to appoint Holloway on the 2 and a half year deal, Ferdinand should have continued searching for a better option.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Why not? He's been on a good run after 6 losses before.
    Good run of 3 wins and a draw followed by a loss a win then another losing streak.
    Same story as before with him at QPR.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I can sum it up very simply. Ollie is not a good manager, Les is not a good DoF and TF is not a good chairman.
    Yep, bang on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X