Holloway Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Season was over ages ago. Definitely the right man to take us forward. Today's result was an obvious one as we've come up against a team bang in form. All about next season which it has been for some time
    Could not disagree more.
    If this season is over he should have had them playing in a settled formation and tactics. ready for next season, a bit like Warner and Jokanovic had done with Huddersfield and Fulham.
    I don't understand how you and others here think otherwise..
    You wait until October when the tune will change as it did with Ramsay and JFH.

Comment

• QPR managers since February 2006 (who managed for 20+ games) ranked in order of their percentage loss rate. Makes for interesting reading:
      58.62% - Holloway (as at 22 April)
      56.25% - Hughes
      53.33% - Ramsey
      47.91% - Gregory
      47.82% - Waddock
      43.90% - Harford
      39.80% - Redknapp
      34.28% - Di Canio
      31.57% - Hasselbaink
      29.16% - Magilton
      28.57% - Warnock
      26.92% - Sousa

Just seen this on another forum

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        You're on planet drama. We aren't going down and Holloway has kept us up. He needs to get us top 10 next season otherwise he has failed. Think we will have a good season tbh
        "Kept us up", were QPR rooted to the bottom 3 like Rotherham last season or Cardiff this one when Warnock took charge of them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
          QPR managers since February 2006 (who managed for 20+ games) ranked in order of their percentage loss rate. Makes for interesting reading:
          58.62% - Holloway (as at 22 April)
          56.25% - Hughes
          53.33% - Ramsey
          47.91% - Gregory
          47.82% - Waddock
          43.90% - Harford
          39.80% - Redknapp
          34.28% - Di Canio
          31.57% - Hasselbaink
          29.16% - Magilton
          28.57% - Warnock
          26.92% - Sousa

Just seen this on another forum
          Makes him the perfect man for the job then, doesn't it.

Comment

• If anyone does fancy us to get relegated you can get 66/1. Just saying

Comment

• Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
              Lost 6 in a row twice and 3 of the 5 wins in that good spell were against teams in the current bottom four. Has the worst ppg of any manager in the championship since TF took over.

Put it this way. If it was JFH or Chris Ramsay in charge now would anyone be saying 'don't worry just wait till next season'

He's gotta go and go now. Funny Holloway says about respect but I see it as a massive disrespect to the club and the fans to experiment with the team every game when there's still a quarter of the season left and you're not safe.
              Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              fantastic post and nail on the head sir.
              Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Yep, anyone but Holloway and would be a lynching.

Appalling appointment. He should either walk or, failing that, get sacked. Won't happen that said. No other team would put up with it. Embarrassing and shameful. What a laughing stock (yes even more so) this has made us.
              Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              Ollie doesn't seem to know our best 11. All these changes are so frustrating.

A half decent manager with the players we have at the club would of had us mid table comfortably. Just need a consistent 11 and to play to our strengths.
              Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
              Hitman with predictable thread start shocker
              Top replies guys.
              He was a headless chicken as a player and is the equivalent as a manager.

Both he and The DoG should hang their heads in shame and quit or Fernandes should sack them. The G is for garbage.

Comment

• What's his dog done Stanis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                  If anyone does fancy us to get relegated you can get 66/1. Just saying
                  I hope to lose it, but I put a tenner on that 2 days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    What's his dog done Stanis?
                    The DoG is Director of Garbage

Comment

• It's starting to degenerate should have shut up.

OIOI

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Hoos left Leicester in May 2011....3 years before they even got out of the Championship
                        He left just before Pearson's successful reign, having presided over the Sven saga....... He then went to Burnley, who eventually got promoted and promptly relegated from the EPL.

Mind you TF's previous selection as chief executive was even worse ;)

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Running a football club is so different and a total minefield and only a few ever make any money or reach constant sucess.
                        Correct, a point I've made a few times over the years. Success in business brings absolutely no guarantee of success on the park. As it happens TF's success as a businessman was very much boosted by serious state investment in the airline, but frankly at this point who cares ? We are where we are.

No one has ever doubted his enthusiasm, but as we now all know re Ollie enthusiasm is no substitute for common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                          He turned us down.

I still, despite this woeful run, am happy with Ollie.

I WANTED CLEMENT FIRST,

ROWETT SECOND,

but given what else was available, Ollie is fine.

I've still seen enough to know that he can do it. But this 6 defeats on the bounce thing, twice, is hard to swallow.
                          I'm not sure what you have seen to say he can do it , but the team has no real shape or pattern of play and his constant tinkering suggests he doesn't know his best 11 or formation.
                          As pointed out elsewhere, his messing around when not mathematically clear is unprofessional.

Like others, I said he would be the wrong appointment when he was linked to the post and now can only hope that QPR can beat Forest or Birmingham and Blackburn lose on Saturday, so that relegation is avoided.
                          The truth is that QPR should not be anywhere near the drop with this squad.

I think he should be playing a 442 with them.

Luongo should be the holding Midfielder and partnered with either Manning or Freeman

.Wyszolek and Lua. Lua or Freeman on the wings and Sylla with Washington up front.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinel View Post
                            Am struggling to understand how anyone can say (at this point) we're safe and the seasons over. The complacency and or arrogance of the Club and Holloway in assuming we were safe and making multiple team changes was misplaced and could still take us down. And people are still swallowing the building for next season line. Really ? What has IH done since November for any of us to assume he can take the Club forward ? His decision making and game plan are flawed , his selections mystifying and his attitude /comments borderline deluded. He has just lost six games on the spin for the second time and still some defend him . If it wasn't IH would we be so supportive?

Personally with Hits on this. DoF has now three failed appointments. Unlucky or incompetent ?? Time to get rid and end this nonsense.

As for IH I just don't see how with a likely limited budget and a nucleus of the same players he can take us forward next season .This is now a sad and some would say utterly predictable position - a consequence of a flawed appointment policy and the way this Club is run. He was a Sky pundit and ex football manager for a reason . What made him the right man for the job ? Ferdinand please tell us.
                            Hallelujah.
                            Its a pity that we can't have a Forum with IH, LF and TF at the end of this miserable season to ascertain what the hell is going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              I'm not sure what you have seen to say he can do it , but the team has no real shape or pattern of play and his constant tinkering suggests he doesn't know his best 11 or formation.
                              As pointed out elsewhere, his messing around when not mathematically clear is unprofessional.

Like others, I said he would be the wrong appointment when he was linked to the post and now can only hope that QPR can beat Forest or Birmingham and Blackburn lose on Saturday, so that relegation is avoided.
                              The truth is that QPR should not be anywhere near the drop with this squad.

I think he should be playing a 442 with them.

Luongo should be the holding Midfielder and partnered with either Manning or Freeman

.Wyszolek and Lua. Lua or Freeman on the wings and Sylla with Washington up front.
                              Reading, Newcastle, Brighton, Wigan, Leeds were all excellent team performances. We also managed to win a couple playing poorly, which is a good sign i reckon.

Though, I do wonder now if he really was trying out new players or if he thought it was the best way to beat that team, and got lucky/unlucky before and after the break. There were a decent amount of changes in both runs.

QPR should not be anywhere near the drop you are right.

The current team is lacking so much on the pitch, especially when the players have the ability to fill much of those areas that are lacking.

He doesn't know his best 11.

Either way, Ollie is here for the next two games barring a meltdown in the back office.

So yeah, i do hope we win the next two games 3-0 with convincing performances, but kinda think i shouldn't hold my breath, and that writing be on the wall eh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                                But the point is the season ISN'T/wasn't over until we are safe - messing around with the team is same old Holloway. Him thinking we're safe is just another mistake.
                                Unfortunately some fans and the headless chicken manager think it is over.

Perhaps those fans don't think that Blackburn can beat Villa or Birmingham cannot beat Huddersfield on Saturday , but they can.
                                Blackburn have beaten Newcastle twice and Burton recently won at Huddersfield, so these strange results DO happen.
                                Holloway was mostly crap as QPR manager at this level before and is again now.

Both he and Les need to go before this club can either think of going forward.
                                The latter has seen the club relegated from the Premiership and heading downwards from the day he came in as an advisor and then Director of football.
                                His managerial appointments and. some. player recruitment have been a disaster.

Comment

Working...
                                X