Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    hes worked absolute wonders.
    I completely disagree with you about that as well ;) Like I said, if I'd pissed fortunes up the wall but wanted to retain a working interest in the investment I would understand the necessity of earmarking funds for a realistic management team to run the club. That would come first, and I would expect my chief executive to move and heaven and earth to achieve this within fiscal policy. Hoos simply does what the board and Les tell him, which is fair enough but the only wonders he's worked is implementing flawed policy. He cuts according to their cloth. Interestingly his exit from Leicester coincided with the start of ther march to glory. He isn't as big a part of the problem as Les, but he's a number cruncher. Any reasonable accountant could do the job TF requires of Hoos.

Comment

• Are the club not taking actions to stop making mistakes? Of course there will always be one or two mistakes which happens in any club/business.

Our outgoings were too much - get Lee Hoos in
      Managers were allowed to spend whatever they wanted on any old player - get Les Ferdinand in
      Life and soul had been sucked out of the club - get Ollie in

That's how I'm looking at it anyway. Fed up of feeling sh*t about the club, may as well support them!
      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

People are really starting to over take us with spending now and by next season we wont even be thought of as big spenders anymore i dont reckon. (Only by our own fans)
        Thats my only worry with chasing Les out with Ollie, we really dont want to lose Lee Hoos with them, hes worked absolute wonders.
        Also any new manager who comes in is going to want to spend money.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          I completely disagree with you about that as well ;) Like I said, if I'd pissed fortunes up the wall but wanted to retain a working interest in the investment I would understand the necessity of earmarking funds for a realistic management team to run the club. That would come first, and I would expect my chief executive to move and heaven and earth to achieve this within fiscal policy. Hoos simply does what the board and Les tell him, which is fair enough but the only wonders he's worked is implementing flawed policy. He cuts according to their cloth. Interestingly his exit from Leicester coincided with the start of ther march to glory. He isn't as big a part of the problem as Les, but he's a number cruncher. Any reasonable accountant could do the job TF requires of Hoos.
          Good post that mate, as was the one before this.

Bottom line - QPR is now a circus, shambles, laughing stock, because of this ownership and board.
          I really hate to say it but we will continue to go backwards with this board and ownership IMO, especially now they seemed to have stopped putting money in and are cutting cloth for the foreseeable.

I've seen more than enough mistakes from them now to realise we won't be going forwards with them at the helm.
          Last edited by West London is Rss; 25-04-2017, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Thats not luck though.
            Huge fan base and huge ground capacity.
            People queue up to buy them clubs, people run a mile when asked to buy clubs like us.
            Chelsea weren't much bigger than us until Ken Bates and Mathew Harding got involved. Man City also dropped all the way down to the 3rd tier of English football 15 or 16 years ago.

If you are going to base your opinion on a clubs size and reputation on the last 10 years, then you are correct. If you are too look over a longer period, things like fan base, ground size and reputation are all changeable dependent on who is calling the shots!

Comment

• Im only on about since Unc got here.

Comment

Im only on about since Unc got here.
                Fair enough.

I'd just like to see us strive to be a bit better. If we are content being a small, badly run club then that is all we will ever be.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  Hoos simply does what the board and Les tell him, which is fair enough but the only wonders he's worked is implementing flawed policy. He cuts according to their cloth. Interestingly his exit from Leicester coincided with the start of ther march to glory.
                  Hoos left Leicester in May 2011....3 years before they even got out of the Championship

But dont let facts get in the way of having a pop at our backroom staff......

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Fair enough.

I'd just like to see us strive to be a bit better. If we are content being a small, badly run club then that is all we will ever be.
                    The thing is, i think we are all quietly confident we are only a pardew or pearson away from being back in the premiership.
                    Im certain we will be back soon.

Comment

The thing is, i think we are all quietly confident we are only a pardew or pearson away from being back in the premiership.
                      Need a well balanced squad to get out of this league and that ain't gonna happen with one egotistical managerial appointment.

3 years minimum before we are close to promotion.

Comment

You really think that?

Despite the fact we have steadily been going backwards in terms of league position throughout the Fernandes era?

Comment

• Bar the one play-off season where we had a hell of an experienced well paid squad assembled by HR - in a promotion or bust season; we have steadily been going backwards since the owners came in. Flavio sold us to a lovely bloke with a bit of bob who saw the bright lights, PR and money of the premier league to enhance his business and reputation across the globe. He knew and still knows sweet F A about football, yet is still very much involved with the running of a football club. On top of that he's put a geezer in charge for when he and the co-owner isn't around who also has never run a football club nor a business.

I admire the optimism but the proof is pretty damning - in what world do we live in where we think this failure of a regime will all of a sudden get us back to the promise lands on a now mere shoestring of a budget. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they have quite literally farked us for the next 10 years where we will be yo yo-ing between lower table Champ and league 1. All due to them p155ing any investment money they had when they got here, up the wall, in the space of 3 years...
                          Last edited by West London is Rss; 25-04-2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Just saying we aint that bad off.
                            Bigger clubs than us like Ipswich would love to of had our last ten years.
                            Yeah we can strive to be Chelsea (Apple) and Liverpool (Coca Cola) etc, but we have to remember we are QPR (Lidl).
                            Just over 30 years ago we had bigger home attendances than Chelsea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              Just over 30 years ago we had bigger home attendances than Chelsea.
                              Exactly my point.

We've spent 5 years going backwards under Fernandes when we should have been using the investment to make up ground on the likes of Chelsea. Let's be honest, they are only where they are right now cos of huge investment for Ken Bates, followed by Mathew Harding, followed by Roman Abramovich.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                Exactly my point.

We've spent 5 years going backwards under Fernandes when we should have been using the investment to make up ground on the likes of Chelsea. Let's be honest, they are only where they are right now cos of huge investment for Ken Bates, followed by Mathew Harding, followed by Roman Abramovich.
                                Fernandes is the owner and shareholder. Club has gone backwards due to CEO, DF and management team. On the face of it, most of his appointments were decent but they haven't worked out. I think it's pretty harsh to criticize Tony. Yes, we have gone backwards but he's lost a heck of a lot of money doing it. And he continues to try to listen and spend money again. THe problem has been the people he has hired. I think he's been too loyal to some of his managers. Why not just sack them until we find the right one? Why do we need to give them a transfer window when they're clearly not up to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X