Holloway Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
    Atrocious couple of runs. Are the players playing for him or is he clueless?
    clearly not

totally

Comment

• Good
      -Look who we've played in last 6 matches and their form. Were we really expecting to beat most of them?
      -Brought in some fantastic prospects, namely Freeman, who all the fans love already and will only get better. Got him on the cheap as well
      -Atmosphere miles better
      -Never totally out of a game. Second half we always give it a real go and with a quality striker a lot of opportunities would be turned in to goals
      -Tactically inept? Newcastle and Reading were superb tactically. Sheff Weds was not but injuries have been hampering us

Bad
      -Losing 6 in a row in not acceptable, especially twice in the season
      -Too many changes every week players can't get settled and used to playing with each other
      -Defensive coach was a poor appointment in my opinion.

I would like him to stay. I'll probably change my mind if we lose to Forest but personally feel we can always win a game. Even when we're 2-0 down I still feel like we're in it, and that hasn't been the case for years. THis probably won't end well which is a shame but if we stay up (which we should) he should be given time. The amount of damage done to players' confidence by JFH would have been a mammoth task to rebuild.
      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• I think we all love Ollie but we shouldn't make excuses for him because he is Ollie - it's the second time we've lost this many games in a row under him, already.

I thought he would of learnt from his mistakes the first time it happened.

I don't really want another change in manager but then again I didn't want Ollie in the first place - I thought it was a bizarre appointment.
        Losing 3 on the bounce is just about bearable if you see promising performances but 6 on the bounce is a disgrace.
        Looking at the table, we've got worse under him even when he is supposed to be happy with his squad, as he has said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

g

Great post. Absolutely spot on. Our DOF has appointed three pisspoor managers and continues to get away with it. I'm convinced Ollie got the job because he's one of our own and so would buy Ferdinand more time than an outsider who fails. He certainly didn't get the job based on what he did last time out at Millwall. Or palace for that matter. If those three clubs have made decent manager appointments why couldn't we? It all points to one man I'm afraid. The club has gone backwards under Ferdinand as DOF. There's no denying that fact.
          Agree DOF has been useless, I've never changed my opinion Didn't want DOF it always & generally causes problems with managers, didn't want Ramsey got the job because he's the DOFs mate had no credentials to manage, didn't want JFH but was prepared to give him a chance, it was soon realised that he wasn't up to it either, Didn't want Ollie had been out of work for 18 months so no one was actually beating his door down, totally an appointment along with Birch to appease the fans, it seem it's the same person making these mistakes(DOF) but he seems fire proof

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
            Good
            -Look who we've played in last 6 matches and their form. Were we really expecting to beat most of them?
            -Brought in some fantastic prospects, namely Freeman, who all the fans love already and will only get better. Got him on the cheap as well
            -Atmosphere miles better
            -Never totally out of a game. Second half we always give it a real go and with a quality striker a lot of opportunities would be turned in to goals
            -Tactically inept? Newcastle and Reading were superb tactically. Sheff Weds was not but injuries have been hampering us

Bad
            -Too many changes every week players can't get settled and used to playing with each other

I would like him to stay. I'll probably change my mind if we lose to Forest but personally feel we can always win a game. Even when we're 2-0 down I still feel like we're in it, and that hasn't been the case for years. THis probably won't end well which is a shame but if we stay up (which we should) he should be given time. The amount of damage done to players' confidence by JFH would have been a mammoth task to rebuild.

before our run of 6 straight defeats we were TOP of the current form table, so YES, I would expect to have beaten one or two of them.

Comment

Good
              -Atmosphere miles better

Bad

Don't buy that at all. To be honest, I think we'd be mid-table if JFH had stayed. Yeah, the football was dull and there were a few utter w*nkers in the side, but he at least dug out points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Don't buy that at all. To be honest, I think we'd be mid-table if JFH had stayed. Yeah, the football was dull and there were a few utter w*nkers in the side, but he at least dug out points.
                I wasn't happy paying for what i was seeing, as most people weren't. There's no telling where JFH would have had us in the table but I wasn't happy my club playing dull football. That's not what QPR is.

Comment

I wasn't happy paying for what i was seeing, as most people weren't. There's no telling where JFH would have had us in the table but I wasn't happy my club playing dull football. That's not what QPR is.
                  Agreed, the football was dire. But we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now if he had stayed. The problem wasn't sacking JFH, it was sacking him in favour of appointing this circus act. JFH should have stayed until we had somebody better lined up.

Comment

Agreed, the football was dire. But we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now if he had stayed. The problem wasn't sacking JFH, it was sacking him in favour of appointing this circus act. JFH should have stayed until we had somebody better lined up.
                    There was absolutely no way JFH could have remained in charge. Fans wanted him gone 110%. Still think we made the right decision to get rid. Holloway was a strange appointment I agree. Rowett would have been 1st choice and lucky old Rangers got sacked a couple of weeks after we appointed Ollie. I still think Ollie is the best man for the job at the moment and was the best available candidate at the time.

We could have ended up with Zola, count yourselves lucky!

Comment

There was absolutely no way JFH could have remained in charge. Fans wanted him gone 110%. Still think we made the right decision to get rid. Holloway was a strange appointment I agree. Rowett would have been 1st choice and lucky old Rangers got sacked a couple of weeks after we appointed Ollie. I still think Ollie is the best man for the job at the moment and was the best available candidate at the time.

We could have ended up with Zola, count yourselves lucky!
                      Was he really the best candidate available? Perhaps he was the best candidate available if our idea of a search was simply to go through the contacts on Les' phone and pick the best option out of who was there.

Here's a question for you. How do Reading select a great up and coming manager from the continent? How do Huddersfield find one of the best up and coming managers in Germany and convince him to move to such a cr*ppy part of the UK? How do Fulham manage to also unearth a great young manager from the continent? In all 3 cases it isn't cos they have a better reputation than us, or a bigger budget.

The answer to all of the above is that they have done a decent job of their recruitment. They have cast the net wide, done their due diligence and hired some really smart up and coming guys.

By contrast, our searches for staff are typically pitiful. More often than not in the last couple of seasons, our staff have been selected off the back of them being known at Loftus Road and them being available reasonably cheaply. If we are ever to improve as a club, we are going to need a far better strategy when it comes to recruiting staff!
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 25-04-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Was he really the best candidate available? Perhaps he was the best candidate available if our idea of a search was simply to go through the contacts on Les' phone and pick the best option out of who was there.

Here's a question for you. How do Reading select a great up and coming manager from the continent? How do Huddersfield find one of the best up and coming managers in Germany and convince him to move to such a cr*ppy part of the UK? How do Fulham manage to also unearth a great young manager from the continent? In all 3 cases it ins't cos they have a better reputation than us, or a bigger budget.

The answer to all of the above is that they have done a decent job of their recruitment. They have cast the net wide, done their due diligence and hired some really smart up and coming guys.

By contrast, our searches for staff are typically pitiful. More often than not in the last couple of seasons, our staff have been selected off the back of them being known at Loftus Road and them being available reasonably cheaply. If we are ever to improve as a club, we are going to need a far better strategy when it comes to recruiting staff!
                        I wholeheartedly agree that our recruitment process is extremely limited, in all aspects of the club from our youth team (signing tottenham rejects till) to the first team to the back room staff. If Penrice comes in I think the recruitment will change in and around the first team.

Agreed we should have been looking all over the world for a manager but saying that, at the time what the whole club needed was a shot in the arm. That's what Ollie is.

Because he cares so much for the club I'm willing to give him next season as well. I've just got a feeling in my bones. Probably just sentimentality but it's the first time in years I've felt optimistic about QPR and that is down to Ollie.

Comment

How do Fulham manage to also unearth a great young manager from the continent?
                          Not sure they "unearthed" Jokanovic. Am pretty sure they would have seen him get Watford ppromoted 2 years ago.

Comment

Here's a question for you. How do Reading select a great up and coming manager from the continent? How do Huddersfield find one of the best up and coming managers in Germany and convince him to move to such a cr*ppy part of the UK? How do Fulham manage to also unearth a great young manager from the continent? In all 3 cases it ins't cos they have a better reputation than us, or a bigger budget.

Tarbie great post and was exactly how i felt at the time we were appointing Olly. The Fulham Manager was of course with Watford previously and got them promoted with style before he was replaced without kicking a ball in the Prem. He now has Fulham playing the sort of football we use to play in the past, as does Stam and as does Wagner. You could argue Reading and Uddersfield both got lucky as both appointments could have gone wrong, like Sousa did for us but they haven't and I am envious of the football all 3 teams are playing. Arguably our best performance was away at Reading and we fully deserved to win but against Fulham and Huddersfield, we were outplayed for long periods, somehow getting a point and a win v Fulham. If these 3 clubs can do it then why can't we find this gem of a manager who plays football the way we want to see it played, rather than interviewing the dregs each time. JFH i was really excited about and thought he could be the one but the football was absolutely dire and the excitement soon eroded away but there must be others out there and we should look again.

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree that our recruitment process is extremely limited, in all aspects of the club from our youth team (signing tottenham rejects till) to the first team to the back room staff. If Penrice comes in I think the recruitment will change in and around the first team.

Agreed we should have been looking all over the world for a manager but saying that, at the time what the whole club needed was a shot in the arm. That's what Ollie is.

Because he cares so much for the club I'm willing to give him next season as well. I've just got a feeling in my bones. Probably just sentimentality but it's the first time in years I've felt optimistic about QPR and that is down to Ollie.

Ollie had won me over after Rotherham game, even though we didn't play that well but he lost me again on Saturday with that interview. I would love him to prove me wrong again but if he feels the way he spoke after Saturday then he is on a very rocky road because he lost a lot of fans after that interview.

Comment

Here's a question for you. How do Reading select a great up and coming manager from the continent? How do Huddersfield find one of the best up and coming managers in Germany and convince him to move to such a cr*ppy part of the UK? How do Fulham manage to also unearth a great young manager from the continent? In all 3 cases it isn't cos they have a better reputation than us, or a bigger budget.

Top post Tarbie.

Comment

Working...
                                X