Ollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    A good job is changing the staff that are not pulling there weight, changing that mentality of when going a goal down, integrating the youngsters which we have quite a few now, also youngsters will be wanting to join qpr now as they can get a chance of playing, something that was rare, playing style is getting very good now and all this from the crap that jimmy had left, things look completely different bar the results but we have been unlucky, but if you want quick fixes get in another jimmy for park the bus "lets get results!" for the next 10 or so years of utter crap football! personally qpr was a side that used to play with flair, not parking the team on the goal line, id rather watch us in the old third division as long as we stick to the style that was qpr, than stuck in midtable championship grinding out results every week! football is entertainment or supposed to be!
    A good job is what Warnock is doing at Cardiff and what he did at Rotherham last season.
    Integrating youngsters?
    What Furlong, who has contributed to 3 defeats since returning from his loan with his naive defending.
    Manning has done reasonably well, but what other youngsters?
    Changing the mentality of going a goal down, huh. They now give the opponents a2goal head start instead.
    Its a results business and his are appalling.

Comment

Pinkie the best times at QPR? 2010/11 was the best time in recent years and that was promotion to the Premier League! Redknapps play off final season with Charlie up front was also a good season for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        I don't actually agree with any of the 4 options on this poll.

Personally I think we are getting exactly what we should have expected when we hired Ollie. He says some things in press conferences that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up and make you proud to have him as your manager. Then he'll go away to Reading and Newcastle and dig out great results with excellent battling performances.

Then you have the flip side, consecutive tactical disasters in games that we should be winning. Utter madness like playing wingers at full back and full backs in midfield. It's just madcap and it comes with the territory with Ollie.

What we can't do having backed him in transfer window is sack him now. We've made our bed and we have to lie in it!
        Yes lie in our bed in League 1.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          A good job is what Warnock is doing at Cardiff and what he did at Rotherham last season.
          Integrating youngsters?
          What Furlong, who has contributed to 3 defeats since returning from his loan with his naive defending.
          Manning has done reasonably well, but what other youngsters?
          Changing the mentality of going a goal down, huh. They now give the opponents a2goal head start instead.
          Its a results business and his are appalling.

Lol yes i agree lets get someone else in to park the bus to get better results the 3 games youre out ollie crew will always be chomping at the bit throwing toys out of the pram lol, 16 games in and should of had us top ten by now and challlenging for a play off spot, i honestly do give up with replying to you about our youngsters as just proves you just ignore the fact we are doing the right things, but youd rather short termism!
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
            Yessss!!! Promotion is good but i don't want it at the expense of us losing who we are!! Have people forgotten about the past 10 years or what?? At the end of the day all i want from my club is to be happy and have a good entertaining day out, f*ck success we're never gunna win the prem and probably won't win a cup anytime soon but at least we won't be a fake plastic club. I'd rather us be in league 2 than go on to become the next man city
            Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Oh I dunno......

My main worry is that if mistakes aren't learned from pdq we'll be back where we were when I first went, over 50 years ago, ie sniffing butt in the lower half of the third tier.
            Yes Corbray, lets get relegated and become a third tier mid table little club with 3 500 fans having a great F----*,g day out.

Agree with Hal.

Comment

No pinkie no knee jerk reaction just questioning certain selection and formations being chosen for recent games. This is something that should be done in mid table security not 5 off the bottom. What exactly are you basing your opinion of Ollie on as this has been your way of thought from day 1.

Comment

If we are still in the relegation zone come mid-march I feel we have no other choice than sack him. No way, I want to see us relegated. QPR as a club are way more important than Ollie..
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Already said that he is prone to trying out too many new ideas when ollie should stick to what he found was working, but things take time especially for the turn around in what hes trying to do, and when you consder hes only had 16 games ffs its hilarious how you and others create on here, ofcourse nothing wrong with talking about tactical errors but half the time its mainly cos you dont rate him and didnt want him here in the first place, so straight away as the wheels come off abit out all you come to play again! but i suppose ill do the same when we start picking up

Comment

Pinkie. Total ###### as I only care about QPR as shown by nearly 40 years of service. Irelevant about wanting him as I did say that but have said that I was coming around to him.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      Integrating youngsters? What Furlong, who has contributed to 3 defeats since returning from his loan with his naive defending.
                      Furlong - typically pick on the defeats (2 not 3) but conveniently omit a win and a draw at 2 promotion candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Furlong - typically pick on the defeats (2 not 3) but conveniently omit a win and a draw at 2 promotion candidates.
                        Thats why i just ignored his comments about the youngsters! just a park the bus short termism fan

Comment

I will give Ollie massive credit for young Manning in centre midfield as he will be one of our key players for years to come.

Comment

Furlong has made mistakes, as has Ned.

Lynch has looked good, Hall mostly good, sometimes bad, Smithies nearly always spot on.

The reason we talk so often about how good/bad these players are is that they see so much game time, due to our weak or tactically incorrect midfield.

I support every addition Ollie made in the window and think it shows offensive intent. To not retain or bring in a strong ball winner i think is costing us, as it has all season.

Our defence is leaky and the players are talked about because they are always required, so mistakes are more common. Obviously really.

My point is I think it's unfair to single out Furlong as an ineffective youth player, as he's been under too much pressure from our midfield being absent. From what i've seen he's been putting in good performances, with mistakes seemingly making him look worse than he is.

Quite right with Manning, he's really stepped up, and is the better player. However as someone else pointed out he needs someone else other than Luongo alongside him. Kinda why i fear Goss will come under the microscope very quickly.

Fact is, there isn't anyone else coming in, perhaps Henry. Ollie needs to get it right and he's getting the season to do it. We just need to start scoring those chances, that have been made, every game. Score first for once and these games where we are turned over will be quite the opposite.

Comment

I thought when furlong was in with pawel helping out we looked superb, that for me i would of stuck with.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                                Our defence is leaky and the players are talked about because they are always required, so mistakes are more common. Obviously really.
                                The stupid thing is that our defence is not that much more leaky than any other side outside the top 6, which further highlights our lack of goals and creating them that has been the real problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X