We want the Loft back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We want the Loft back.

Are you for or against? Where should families go, bearing in mind they need to all be in the same block? Would you move to make way for them?
    For
    90.48%
    Against
    9.52%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Hardy View Post
    Are you for or against? Where should families go, bearing in mind they need to all be in the same block? Would you move to make way for them?
    Had this discussion with Lee Hoos at one of the fans' forums. Personally I think they should go back to the front rows of Ellerslie, T and V blocks, wasn't that where they were before?

Comment

Nothing's ever set in stone if there's enough noise about it.

Comment

Just a little stat. (No I'm not trying to outdo Nas) Lower loft (family stand) has 1923 seats. Paddocks have 910 seats. So the paddocks currently wouldn't be big enough to house the family section as it stands but i obviously don't know how many season ticket holders are in each. I think the only way to keep roughly the same amount of seats that the family stand hold would take the paddocks and some of Ellerslie like maybe 7/8 seats high from the front designated for families only but i think this would be a big challenge for the club as no matter who they move they are going to upset a sizeable part of the support. Therefore i don't think they will do anything now until/if a new stadium is built with a purpose built family stand.

Comment

well there are about one thousand singers if you look at the last three sections of the ellerslie and the q block and the last three sections of the loft
          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

For as long as i can remember the noise has come from P,Q,R Blocks. all other blocks past P, the Loft made some noise on very rare occasions. Dont think the family stands really make a difference imho and listening to Hoo's, it makes sense what they are doing.
            Last edited by Ramsey is god; 13-09-2016, 09:20 AM.

Comment

True, the loft hasn't really had singers since it was standing.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                Just a little stat. (No I'm not trying to outdo Nas) Lower loft (family stand) has 1923 seats. Paddocks have 910 seats. So the paddocks currently wouldn't be big enough to house the family section as it stands but i obviously don't know how many season ticket holders are in each. I think the only way to keep roughly the same amount of seats that the family stand hold would take the paddocks and some of Ellerslie like maybe 7/8 seats high from the front designated for families only but i think this would be a big challenge for the club as no matter who they move they are going to upset a sizeable part of the support. Therefore i don't think they will do anything now until/if a new stadium is built with a purpose built family stand.
                At the fans forum.they said season tickets were over a thousand. So couldn't fit family and and disabled supporters in paddocks.

Comment

As I asked in a other thread, why doesn't the upper loft sing?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                    For as long as i can remember the noise has come from P,Q,R Blocks. all other blocks past P, the Loft made some noise on very rare occasions. Dont think the family stands really make a difference imho and listening to Hoo's, it makes sense what they are doing.
                    That's not entirely true because the noise / songs used to spread from P Q R blocks across the loft, then through SAR. This stopped happening ever since Lower loft fans were displaced, resulting in a massive reduction in matchday atmosphere.

Comment

I'm for it but in all honesty I doubt it would make any real difference. Singing has really only come from the Q/P/R blocks anyway....just need to reignite the passion back there.

Comment

Let's not get carried away. The loudest singing I can remember in the Loft in the later 1970s was from Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and WHU fans when they 'took' it (in the parlance of those times...). HQ is buzzing when we play well and win. We're not playing well- have we under Jimmy?- so we're not buzzing. Simple as.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Let's not get carried away. The loudest singing I can remember in the Loft in the later 1970s was from Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and WHU fans when they 'took' it (in the parlance of those times...). HQ is buzzing when we play well and win. We're not playing well- have we under Jimmy?- so we're not buzzing. Simple as.
                          I'm afraid you're right. Last time we were in the premiership, in the first half of the season we won (or draw) a number of games partly due to the atmosphere in the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            That's not entirely true because the noise / songs used to spread from P Q R blocks across the loft, then through SAR. This stopped happening ever since Lower loft fans were displaced, resulting in a massive reduction in matchday atmosphere.
                            would have to disagree there Stanley. I sat in the SAR stand right in line with the penalty box at the loft end for a few seasons during our first couple back in the championship and could count on one hand the amount of times they joined in with a song. Perhaps you have a point about the loft, but seems on very very rare occasions.

Comment

The loft only sounded loud when you were in it but if you sat in sth.africa rd or ellerslie you could barely hear much apart from the odd time. Imo the loudest the loft has ever been was the old single stand loft-two tiers kills an atmosphere.
                              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                              X