Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What transfer market should we shopping in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What transfer market should we shopping in?

Plenty of debate about current transfer policy.

Some in support of current strategy some arguing were restraining ourselves and could go a bit further.

So it begs the question given the size of the club, shadow of FFP and running out of parachute payments where should we be in the league of transfer fees when it comes to bringing players in?
    Free Transfers
    2.94%
    Up to million quid
    2.94%
    One to four million pounds
    76.47%
    Five to eight million pounds
    11.76%
    Eight million +
    5.88%

For me west acton, it's about individuals, and that is how we should approach it. If there is a good free out there get him. By and large I think we should shop in the £2 -£3 mill bracket.
    But, if an attacking player could be bought between £5 & £8mill then I would seriously think about it. Goals get promotion.

Comment

We should be in the market we can afford.

We do not have a bottomless pit of money... and with the FFP situation and TF putting in more than his fair share in recent years, it is just not possible to sustain the spending of £8m a player every transfer window. The price clubs are putting on decent players is ridiculous, and with the situation we are in financially after yo-yoing constantly between leagues and blowing all of the money we did have a few years ago on bang average players who were just a 'name', we just cannot do it.

It's a non-argument really because it's just not possible anymore - When people say, 'oh if there is a good player out there for £8m, we should get him' I'd like to know on where they think the money is going to come from for that, and how they are going to back the opinion that we do have that money lying around, up...

We need a new ground and a new training ground to help the club generate it's own money.
      And not expect an owner to keep throwing his own money at it.
      Last edited by West London is Rss; 29-07-2016, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

We do not have a bottomless pit of money... and with the FFP situation and TF putting in more than his fair share in recent years, it is just not possible to sustain the spending of £8m a player every transfer window. The price clubs are putting on decent players is ridiculous, and with the situation we are in financially after yo-yoing constantly between leagues and blowing all of the money we did have a few years ago on bang average players who were just a 'name', we just cannot do it.

It's a non-argument really because it's just not possible anymore - When people say, 'oh if there is a good player out there for £8m, we should get him' I'd like to know on where they think the money is going to come from for that, and how they are going to back the opinion that we do have that money lying around, up...

We need a new ground and a new training ground to help the club generate it's own money.
        Could not agree more great post

Comment

Exactly.

Over spending on extremely average players with an inflated opinion of their worth compared to their ability, is what led us to where we are now.

Would prefer us to buy young promising talent with a desire to succeed every day of the week.

Only problem I have with our current approach is that we are still a few players short with a week to go before the season starts.

Comment

I'd of liked 1 or 2 more in but don't get some posters moaning about how much money we've spent (or not spent).

Cousins, Bidwell and Lynch were pretty much first name on the team sheet players in their previous clubs so for us to get them is good business surely?

We have got a squad with plenty of potential in my opinion it's now down to the manager to get the best out of them.

Comment

Why some posters think all players who are a little bit more expensive are extremely average or playing only for money? Unbelievable.

Comment

But when we end up in league 1 or 2 will you still be happy?

Comment

I echo very much what West London has posted.

At this time of the year we should look to spend. There'll be plenty of Free transfers out there, but often there's a reason they haven't been snapped up by another club.
                  We still have time on our side and we can look at the Free's closer to the end of the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                    Why some posters think all players who are a little bit more expensive are extremely average or playing only for money? Unbelievable.
                    I guess they want us to buy according to a small budget.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Tend to agree with doc. Just because we wasted money, it does work spending big. The championship is pis s poor as confirmed last season. If you spend on attacking flair you will cause the majority of championship sides, a major headache.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

in Les's defence, the market is not awash with talent. You seem to have to pay out bundles for average players nowadays
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Tend to agree with doc. Just because we wasted money, it does work spending big. The championship is pis s poor as confirmed last season. If you spend on attacking flair you will cause the majority of championship sides, a major headache.
                          This league was not that difficult to win promotion from last season and had they gone into it with the right attitude abd set up they coukd have gone straight back up.
                          It will be a bit tougher this season because all 3 relegated sides look well equipped to challenge for promotion along with others like Derby Sheff Wed Leeds Brighton. There will also be a surprise package like Bristol City Huddersfield Wigan or Fulham.
                          If QPR want to be amongst the front runners they will need to fund a goalscorer and a creative supplier of chances.
                          Unless the scouting network can unearth a surprise talent, these players will not be cheap.

Comment

What a strange poll. How about all of them or maybe the first four. Why does it have to be just one of them?

Comment

We should be operating in £8M+ if we can afford it.

Comment

Working...
                              X